William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is there a bracket behind the plastic of the bumper or was one added? How securely are they mounted?
I did not use a bracket, although I have seen a video of someone who 'replaced' their existing fog lights with the BAJA designs lights (using the mount points that already exists on the inside of the bumper). So, I know it's possible to mount them - the problem would be aligning the hole you'd have to create in the plastic... In the case I described, there was already the existing hole.

So, I just used the supplied 4 through-bolts to secure it to the plastic bumper. It seems really secure - and it looks cool (kind of industrial/rugged).
Sponsored

Last edited:

parropski

Big Bend
First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Here's what I added/changed...

List of Upgrades - In Order (Costs Below):
Installed OBX takeoff Tires/Rims
Repainted BRONCO Grill Logo
Replaced all 4 inch interior speakers
Added Bronco Heritage Badges
Added SR2 Rock Rails
Added Baja Designs S1 Cornering Lights
Added Right Rear Tow Hook
Painted all Tow Hooks Red
Added Signature LED Headlights

Costs:
Takeoff Tires & Rims - $750
Mount & balance wheels and move TPMS - $80
Speakers - $70
Paint - $30
SR2 Rock Rails - $280
Tow Hook (takeoff from JCR OFFROAD) - $100
Heritage Badges - $80
Baja Designs S1 Cornering - $216
Signature LED Headlights - $1000
OBD2 Adapter - $39
Total: $2645

FORSCAN
Removed Double Honk
Modified Tire Size

Notes:

Baja Designs S1 Cornering Lights -
These are great lights and fit the standard bumper perfectly (you only need a drill and 2.5 inch hole saw for mounting). The Baja Designs tap cable works flawlessly - tapped to the driver's side low beam headlight wire (BROWN/BLUE). If you cannot find the Baja Designs lights you want in stock, try 4X4 Truck LEDs - they have most things in stock and are VERY responsive.

Tires/Rims/Other Parts -
It's pretty easy to find take-off parts, just look around - post on BRONCO6G and on BRONCO6X (Facebook). There are lots of folks upgrading their Broncos and looking to recover costs with their take-offs.

SR2 Rock Rails -
These are not truly functional rock rails, but I selected these because they very tightly cover the pinch welds for a nice look.

Speakers -
I followed the guidance from Pickens Party of 5 (YOUTUBE). The Kenwoods are not the BEST speakers, but they have a good frequency range and sound tremendously better than the stock units. Make sure you get the polarity right - check the BRONCO6G forums for wiring information.

Signature Headlights -
This was a tough decision, but decided to go for it. I like the look of the original headlights, but like the signature halos just a bit better. Simple plug-n-play, no issues (full functionality). Will sell my take-offs to recover some cost.

IMG_1904.jpg

IMG_1686 2.jpg

IMG_1688 2.jpg

66397213457__29D91289-5D37-42AE-9F53-5D8454DA678B.JPG

IMG_1885.jpg
Congrats on your build. I personally like what you did for the fog light.
I have to ask about the speaker upgrade. Can you tell the difference? How difficult of a task?

OP
OP
wsdowns

wsdowns

Base
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Congrats on your build. I personally like what you did for the fog light.
I have to ask about the speaker upgrade. Can you tell the difference? How difficult of a task?
Yes, you can definitely tell the difference... I did the left speakers first and compared the left and right channels. Make sure to set your tone controls (increasing bass and treble). I can turn the volume up much higher now without distortion (obviously important in a convertible).

So, to start I have all of the wire crimp tools and various sizes of wire connectors - if you don't have those then you should start there. The next trick is removing the speaker grills - the rears are easier, but the fronts are more difficult - you can use a credit card to pry them up and then pop them off or use the kit I purchased here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C1857QC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then, you just want to remove the speakers with your socket and unplug them. Before you cut off the standard Ford connectors, you have to make sure you know the polarity when you go to reconnect the new speakers. The best way I found to do that is to reference this photo - when you hold the connector in this orientation the POSITIVE wire will always be at the top on PIN 1:

Ford Bronco My Bronco Base Upgrades are Complete! IMG_0962.JPG

You can put a piece of tape on + to remind you. All you have to do then is to crimp the new speaker wire connectors to the old ones, pull off any unneeded tabs from the new speakers, and secure them back in place...

Last edited:

adk749

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can you send the link for the rear tow hook? Also, what type of paint did you use? Love the red!

OP
OP
wsdowns

wsdowns

Base
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can you send the link for the rear tow hook? Also, what type of paint did you use? Love the red!
TOW HOOK - you'll just have to look around. I got lucky and found a take-off from JCR Offroad (they were installing a new bumper that already had hooks on it for another customer).

PAINT - BEHR "No More Drama" Spray Can (sold at Home Depot - it was better than I thought it wolud be since it's paint and primer). Make sure you clean the tow hook well, sand it with 800 grit paper, and then wipe it down with TSP.

Ford Bronco My Bronco Base Upgrades are Complete! Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 2.21.26 PM

Last edited:

Sponsored

baksun23

Base
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here's some of my Bronco Base pictures
Ford Bronco My Bronco Base Upgrades are Complete! IMG_0110.JPG
Ford Bronco My Bronco Base Upgrades are Complete! B008C784-711D-4DD1-93B6-91E54021E75D
Ford Bronco My Bronco Base Upgrades are Complete! IMG_1081.JPG
Ford Bronco My Bronco Base Upgrades are Complete! IMG_8278
Ford Bronco My Bronco Base Upgrades are Complete! 3C42990A-6B6E-4B70-8799-7F5CCA8BDA6D
Ford Bronco My Bronco Base Upgrades are Complete! 57500C76-FE64-47E4-B6BC-F6ACF86B2A02
Ford Bronco My Bronco Base Upgrades are Complete! C4C72287-7EA9-423C-AD6C-BB9EFF95224C
Ford Bronco My Bronco Base Upgrades are Complete! IMG_1485.JPG