Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Saw and took pics of Cactus Gray next to Area 51 yesterday. News flash: Cactus Gray is battleship gray (or haze gray), but it will reflect blues or greens around it, which is why it is so difficult to pin down.

The back end pics are the true color up close.

Ford Bronco My relationship with Cactus Grey 935D5A43-A2F7-4485-9248-AE3D3C1F7D2B
Ford Bronco My relationship with Cactus Grey BC4B46DD-ADB5-4376-B914-8AC77E742118
Ford Bronco My relationship with Cactus Grey 6BCA364A-C92A-4257-B0F6-37B9B968AC51
Ford Bronco My relationship with Cactus Grey ?hash=26dd92fd6ad8063b8d963f17468c4624

Ford Bronco My relationship with Cactus Grey 829A2AAE-1C9F-4D8C-A1BC-875C9BC6CF8C
Sponsored

IBOK

Badlands
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Land Rover, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I order the Badlands in CG and the next week the dealer received a Bronco Sport in CG, I called the next morning and changed my order to Area 51.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow the pics of battleship .....er cactus grey are way off,after seeing a Ranger in CG big nopers for me.

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Last edited:

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

News flash: Cactus Gray is battleship gray (or haze gray), but it will reflect blues or greens around it
Where is the blue or green around this one? (I've never seen a battleship look this color.)

Ford Bronco My relationship with Cactus Grey 20210108_125117

Ford Bronco My relationship with Cactus Grey New_Jersey_Sails

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love your meme but not sure if it's gonna outweigh all the shitposting this thread is going to generate lol
Color choice threads provide endless entertainment on Bronco6G. The volume of posts keep traffic up and probably make the site owner(s) happy, but most of the comments are ineffective at best.

Vehicle color preferences, like color preferences in other parts of life, are inherently subjective. Like with blondes, brunettes, and redheads, you either like a color, you are indifferent to it, or you hate it, but that’s the way you are wired, and comments from other people are rarely going to change your mind. Yet the number of shit-posts mocking subjective color preferences are never ending. Snarky cracks like ”OJ White”, ”Anti-Matter Black”, “Seafoam Green”, ”School Bus Yellow”, and ”Primer Gray” continue to proliferate.

I am just as guilty as the next guy. My posts about color preferences are always light hearted, but I fully realize that they are never going to change someone else’s mind, and that is never my intent. 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Where is the blue or green around this one? (I've never seen a battleship look this color.)

Diffused sunlight doesn’t carry all the light spectrum. In your pic it is cloudy.

I spent long enough underway to know haze gray when I see it: looks just like the New Jersey there.

Angel Hair 73

Badlands
First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991Mitsubishi Delica; 2004 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was 80% sold on CG until I saw it on a ranger in person. Not a fan, just not enough color in there. They also had a A51 baby bronco on the lot and decided to flip 🤙🏼
Also saw cactus on a ranger at the dealer, and it looked like concrete. None of the fluctuations I expected after all the hype. And the Sport they had in A51 looked too much like candy. Going with carb grey this round.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Diffused sunlight doesn’t carry all the light spectrum. In your pic it is cloudy.

So in direct sunlight it looks kinda green, in cloudy conditions it looks kinda green, and next to blues and greens it looks kinda green.

I'd say anyone expecting a flat gray is going to be sorely disappointed. (Those people might want to choose Carbonized Gray).

p.s. Here's a picture of a gray car in the same lighting conditions.

Ford Bronco My relationship with Cactus Grey 20210108_125435

Ford Bronco My relationship with Cactus Grey 20210108_125117
Sponsored