First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've spoken to two Method reps and a couple people who have the bead grips and pretty much, getting the tire off the bead grip is extremely hard. The Method reps specifically said they knew of some tire shops that wouldn't mess with them. Can't recall who told me, but heard of someone using a sawzall to cut the bead. Not necessarily a bad thing... But I would imagine once you put a set on the Method bead grips, assume it ain't coming off in one piece.
Damn, I guess they really grip :oops:
But, thanks for the extra added info, something to consider that I didn't read about anywhere.
Sponsored

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would start from scratch with some aftermarket beadlocks.
This.

Raceline are very popular.

Or Method Bead Grip.

Maybe a +0, 8-9" wide wheel depending on tire width, seems like a 8.5-9" wheel would work for you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have no first hand knowledge of this what so ever, and as cool as the icons are, I believe I read somewhere, that they are somewhat of a bitch to put tires on and you may be looking at an added expense from the garage putting your tires on.

Just an FYI, or something to look into if you care about these things.

I personally think Method nailed it with the bead grip for most, and the direction I plan on going, but I believe the beadlocks are the answer depending on usage for some.

Edit for clarification: below is for beadlock rims.

I will add this, if you're goal is to stomp through a lot of snow and ice, you may want to look into a rim/beadlock combo that has the ability to drain.

Trapped snow and ice melts and then freezes again and if it can't drain ... well , you get the picture.
haha, I'm aware. I have two tires with ice in them. Tpms sensors always start frozen then as the tires warm up they start reading again.
Sponsored