PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey ya'll!!

New to the Bronco world and new to this page. Bought a 2023 soft top and was unfortunate enough screw up the rear piece the morning I got it. I pulled too tight when trying in reinstall it and the clips snapped at the plastic moulding on the side.

I did a search as best I could on the forums and online. I need a part number the the FULL back soft top piece. Essentially includes the glass, fabric, plastic moulding on both ends. I would assume it comes as one.

I found the below part number, but I just need to be 100% this is not just for the glass. It's a bit ambiguous in its description. I was also given this part number by a dealer, but it took her about 30 mins to even come up with this and she wasn't sure either.

M2DZ-7842006-DB (REAR GLASS, TINTED)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
PJ
Sponsored

OP
OP
Beefy_bronco

Beefy_bronco

Base
First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Also, I may have totally put this in the wrong section.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey ya'll!!

New to the Bronco world and new to this page. Bought a 2023 soft top and was unfortunate enough screw up the rear piece the morning I got it. I pulled too tight when trying in reinstall it and the clips snapped at the plastic moulding on the side.

I did a search as best I could on the forums and online. I need a part number the the FULL back soft top piece. Essentially includes the glass, fabric, plastic moulding on both ends. I would assume it comes as one.

I found the below part number, but I just need to be 100% this is not just for the glass. It's a bit ambiguous in its description. I was also given this part number by a dealer, but it took her about 30 mins to even come up with this and she wasn't sure either.

M2DZ-7842006-DB (REAR GLASS, TINTED)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
PJ
The answer to your problem is addressed in a TSB in the following thread. it’s a long read, but very thorough and hopefully will be helpful.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/soft-top-broken-tabs.29115/

Deltamav

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did the same thing the first time I removed the rear window, just not as badly - only broke two clips on one side. As the guy above me said, and as described in the post he linked, the issue is easy to address, even though Ford engineers should be ashamed of themselves for designing the window this way. For me, I modified the TSB solution by drilling small holes in the plastic where the rivets were supposed to go, and then I used small black zip ties (we're talking like super skinny and about 4 inches long) to secure everything. It's been totally fine ever since.

OP
OP
Beefy_bronco

Beefy_bronco

Base
First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model