First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking to upgrade our B&O subwoofer in the next month. Ive read countless threads here on what several of you have done. At this time im leaning towards install a JL Audio Stealth box with a new amp. I have 3 questions regarding this so if any of you have done it please answer. But id also like to hear from those of you that went in a different direction in upgrading the sub.
Questions about the stealth box
1. Was the upgrade noticeable and worth the cost? Im looking at about $2000 for the equipment and installation
2. Did the grille look good cut in to the enclosure? Our goal is to make a massive improvement to the sound yet want to keep stock look at much as possible
3. Where did you put the dial for the sub frequency/power? Im not a big audiophile so my thought is to set it up for what i want to hear, but then have it placed inside the sub car panel enclosure, hidden from view. I really didnt want it install in the dash at all.

Any help or advice on this topic would be greatly appreciated
Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I don't know what I can tell you about your plan but based on a $350 investment in a sub and amp and another 650 or so in all other speakers - I'd say doubling that budget had better be earth shatteringly good, because I'm really happy with my $1k setup.

OP
OP

brian0173

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know what I can tell you about your plan but based on a $350 investment in a sub and amp and another 650 or so in all other speakers - I'd say doubling that budget had better be earth shatteringly good, because I'm really happy with my $1k setup.
What size of sub did you install in the enclosure? What modifications did you have to do to fit it in?

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

What size of sub did you install in the enclosure? What modifications did you have to do to fit it in?
Kicker Comp R 8" Dual voice coil 4ohm sub, wired in parallel to take it to 2 ohms.

You need to remove the outer trim cover from the face of the Kicker sub, tedious but easy. Then you need to trim a very small tab at the bottom of the enclosure - it looks like it was a centering tab of some sort...exacto knife and pliers...super easy. Polyfill for the interior of enclosure. Then drill new holes for mounting sub and tap into the line level outputs to run to the sub.,.and then route sub speaker wires into enclosure through the rear grommet. There's some pics on my build in the main thread (link to photo album). Let me know if you need more info.

Last edited:

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
Kicker Comp R 8" Dual voice coil 4ohm sub, wired in parallel to take it to 2 ohms.

You need to remove the outer trim cover from the face ot the Kicker sub, tedious but easy. Then you need to trim a very small tab at the bottom of the enclosure - it looks like it was a centering tab of some sort...exacto knife and pliers...super easy. Polyfill for the interior of enclosure. Then drill new holes for mounting sub and tap into the line level outputs to run to the sub.,.and then route sub speaker wires into enclosure through the rear grommet. There's some pics on my build in the main thread (link to photo album). Let me know if you need more info.
Here is a link to my upgrade of the B&O sub enclosure with a pic of the tab you need to cut.

B&O subwoofer upgrade | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looking to upgrade our B&O subwoofer in the next month. Ive read countless threads here on what several of you have done. At this time im leaning towards install a JL Audio Stealth box with a new amp. I have 3 questions regarding this so if any of you have done it please answer. But id also like to hear from those of you that went in a different direction in upgrading the sub.
Questions about the stealth box
1. Was the upgrade noticeable and worth the cost? Im looking at about $2000 for the equipment and installation
2. Did the grille look good cut in to the enclosure? Our goal is to make a massive improvement to the sound yet want to keep stock look at much as possible
3. Where did you put the dial for the sub frequency/power? Im not a big audiophile so my thought is to set it up for what i want to hear, but then have it placed inside the sub car panel enclosure, hidden from view. I really didnt want it install in the dash at all.

Any help or advice on this topic would be greatly appreciated
i replaced deck and pods with alpine co axles.. kicker panels with alpine 6" mini subs
mti tali gate 10" pro kicker and fosgate amp and processor impressive sound upgrade
with top up and or down that was important for me as i go naked a lot
ps get a sub grill it has stopped damage many times already
Sponsored

Last edited: