First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I could some help/knowledge before I confront my dealer. Let me start off by saying I have zero trust in my dealer. They put a priority 99 when I initially placed my order. At the time I had no idea what that meant and it took a call from a Ford customer service rep with me still on the line for my dealer to give me my order number and change my priority to a 19.

Fast forward to today. I had to recently get a new phone and lost all the screenshots the dealer had sent me of my WBDO showing my order with the priority code. I asked him to resend it and what he sent me shows my priority code is back at a 99. I immediately called him and asked what the deal was. He went on to explain that Ford hasn't started scheduling 2022 builds, which I know from the good people on this forum is a lie, and that once my Bronco gets scheduled for production the priority code will change. I explained to him that, to my understanding, that was not how it worked. He then said he wasn't sure how the priority code works and that he would get with his sales manager tomorrow morning. After the call finished I called the Ford customer service line and was told by the rep that she was not allowed to discuss priority codes. I explained to her that the person I had previously talked was able to discuss them with me. Again she said she was not allowed to discuss them so I asked if she could transfer me to someone who could and she promptly hung up on me. Is there someone that can confirm (preferably one of the dealerships that post on here) who actually sets the priority code and what a 99 really means? I was late to the party on my reservation and order so I fully expect to wait to get my Bronco. What I'm not ok with is my dealer taking away any chance of my Bronco getting built. I'm extremely tempted to say screw it and cancel my order but I don't want to lose my timestamp (not that a timestamp means what we thought it originally meant) and aslo I just know the minute I tell them to cancel my order they'll push it through and then sell it at a huge markup.
Sponsored

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I could some help/knowledge before I confront my dealer. Let me start off by saying I have zero trust in my dealer. They put a priority 99 when I initially placed my order. At the time I had no idea what that meant and it took a call from a Ford customer service rep with me still on the line for my dealer to give me my order number and change my priority to a 19.

Fast forward to today. I had to recently get a new phone and lost all the screenshots the dealer had sent me of my WBDO showing my order with the priority code. I asked him to resend it and what he sent me shows my priority code is back at a 99. I immediately called him and asked what the deal was. He went on to explain that Ford hasn't started scheduling 2022 builds, which I know from the good people on this forum is a lie, and that once my Bronco gets scheduled for production the priority code will change. I explained to him that, to my understanding, that was not how it worked. He then said he wasn't sure how the priority code works and that he would get with his sales manager tomorrow morning. After the call finished I called the Ford customer service line and was told by the rep that she was not allowed to discuss priority codes. I explained to her that the person I had previously talked was able to discuss them with me. Again she said she was not allowed to discuss them so I asked if she could transfer me to someone who could and she promptly hung up on me. Is there someone that can confirm (preferably one of the dealerships that post on here) who actually sets the priority code and what a 99 really means? I was late to the party on my reservation and order so I fully expect to wait to get my Bronco. What I'm not ok with is my dealer taking away any chance of my Bronco getting built. I'm extremely tempted to say screw it and cancel my order but I don't want to lose my timestamp (not that a timestamp means what we thought it originally meant) and aslo I just know the minute I tell them to cancel my order they'll push it through and then sell it at a huge markup.
Priority code is set through the dealer. Generally 10-19 are normal scheduling, with 10 being higher than 19. Some say that 10-19 doesn't matter for the bronco, but I had a priority code 10 and got scheduled more quickly than I thought.

code 99 means do not schedule, can can only be set by your dealer.

Fixajet

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 / 2021 EcoSport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is there another dealer in your area? Sounds like you need to do like some of the others I have seen on here, go to another dealer and place an order with them. Don't cancel but look at a second source order option, then go to the one that comes in first.

OP
OP

milla61

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Priority code is set through the dealer. Generally 10-19 are normal scheduling, with 10 being higher than 19. Some say that 10-19 doesn't matter for the bronco, but I had a priority code 10 and got scheduled more quickly than I thought.

code 99 means do not schedule, can can only be set by your dealer.
Thank you for the info. That was my understanding of priority codes but I wanted to make sure before I really came unglued on them.

OP
OP

milla61

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is there another dealer in your area? Sounds like you need to do like some of the others I have seen on here, go to another dealer and place an order with them. Don't cancel but look at a second source order option, then go to the one that comes in first.
There's a few small ones in the area. I've debated a few times placing an order with one of them and seeing what happens.