Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just put these on today.
I have the same lights and I’m planning to wire them up to the aux switches using the provided Hella harness. Mind sharing whether you have aux switches and (if so) how you wired these?
Sponsored

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the same lights and I’m planning to wire them up to the aux switches using the provided Hella harness. Mind sharing whether you have aux switches and (if so) how you wired these?
I just installed mine. I used the harness but cut-out the provided relay/switch. It is not needed with the aux switches. Look at this thread - If you have installed Hella aux lights...

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just installed mine. I used the harness but cut-out the provided relay/switch. It is not needed with the aux switches. Look at this thread - If you have installed Hella aux lights...
Thanks. I saw that thread but I have different lights (might not matter). Is it correct that the aux switches have their own relays? Or, by removing the hella relay are we running all that “juice” through the aux switch itself? My main question is what to do with the ground wires. Where do they go? I know the hot wires connect to the aux wires near the firewall - one each for the accent lights and driving lights.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks. I saw that thread but I have different lights (might not matter). Is it correct that the aux switches have their own relays? Or, by removing the hella relay are we running all that “juice” through the aux switch itself? My main question is what to do with the ground wires. Where do they go? I know the hot wires connect to the aux wires near the firewall - one each for the accent lights and driving lights.
Yes I have different ones also. I have the Hella Valuefit 500 LEDs. I took the factory harness, ran it up through the grille over to the drvers side. I did not use the purple aux wire directly above the radiator. Instead I ran the harness all the way back to the rear drivers corner of the engine bay (where all of the aux switch wires are located). I grounded directly to the body there. You will see a ground point there where other factory items are grounded. Because I cut out the redundant relay and unnecessary switch, I then combined the two powered lines from the individual lights into one wire and then connected to the aux switch wire I wanted to use. I did the same for the two ground wires but attached to the ground point with those.

Let me know if you need pictures. It was super easy and works flawlessly. Hardest part was getting the wires behind the grill and into the engine bay. I actually removed the grill to make it easier. Removing the grill is very easy.

Sponsored

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes I have different ones also. I have the Hella Valuefit 500 LEDs. I took the factory harness, ran it up through the grille over to the drvers side. I did not use the purple aux wire directly above the radiator. Instead I ran the harness all the way back to the rear drivers corner of the engine bay (where all of the aux switch wires are located). I grounded directly to the body there. You will see a ground point there where other factory items are grounded. Because I cut out the redundant relay and unnecessary switch, I then combined the two powered lines from the individual lights into one wire and then connected to the aux switch wire I wanted to use. I did the same for the two ground wires but attached to the ground point with those.

Let me know if you need pictures. It was super easy and works flawlessly. Hardest part was getting the wires behind the grill and into the engine bay. I actually removed the grill to make it easier. Removing the grill is very easy.
Thank you so much for the details. I have the same lights/harness. If you want to share photos here, that would be great but no rush. I think I’ve got it. also curious if there would be any harm in using the hella relay and just cutting out the switch?

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Black Magic baby!!

Ford Bronco New Hella Driving Lights installed Front lighti

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you so much for the details. I have the same lights/harness. If you want to share photos here, that would be great but no rush. I think I’ve got it. also curious if there would be any harm in using the hella relay and just cutting out the switch?
Some quick pics... First one is my set-up. Second is where I routed the wires in the fender wall past the fuse box. Third is the white wire which was used to combine the two wires from the lights and soldered to the purple aux wire (this is the third switch from the left - Aux 3 in the overhead switches). Fourth pic is the grounding location I used (crimped on a connector to go over the grounding bolt). I had already used Aux 1 and Aux 2 for lighting in the bumper (yellow and green wires going to the switches).

Only thing that is difficult is Ford doesn't give you any extra aux switch wire. They are easily found just no wire to play with. You have to really get up in there to make your connection.

Ford Bronco New Hella Driving Lights installed IMG_9340
Ford Bronco New Hella Driving Lights installed IMG_9342.JPG
Ford Bronco New Hella Driving Lights installed IMG_9343
Ford Bronco New Hella Driving Lights installed IMG_9344

RallyGorgo

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cool! I’m going to build some brackets to mount my Cibie Turini driving lights. This pic is from when they were on my Jeep.
Ford Bronco New Hella Driving Lights installed IMG_4846

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some old school, some new. The KCs are the least impactful on overall lighting, but they definitely look the part.

Ford Bronco New Hella Driving Lights installed 20240216_174442
Sponsored