Agar426

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 Rubicon, '85 Bronco, '74 CJ-6, '85 CJ-7,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
New member here! Was able to place an order for a Wildtrak when the books opened on 3/27, this will be my wife's daily. Looking forward to it! Although I won't make too many changes, I am looking for some level of personalization and performance, along with some questions on the order.

Ended up with the "high" package, as the Luxe package didn't have anything I really wanted other than the heated steering wheel. Irritated that Ford did that, they should have included it with the heated seats, or offer a separate "cold weather pkg" or something like that. Got the hardtop as well. I do have a few questions:

• The stereo won't be the high end stereo, but.....the dealership told me that they didn't know what sound system would be coming with it due to supply chain issues. Any thoughts on this?
  • Thinking of SCS Ray 10 wheels, but the hub size is different than the Toyotas they are intended for. I've seen them mounted on Broncos, so I'm guessing a hub adapter ring was used - What are the thoughts on this? Is this a problematic setup>
  • Performance mods - What's the lowdown on reliable performance mods? I've read good things on the VR tuner, but have also seen other reviews where "real tunes" were preferred over piggy pack tuners. This is new to me, as I come from the days of displacement, bigger cams, intakes, headers, etc.
  • Thinking of adding some sound deadening, although I don't know how much it's needed. I keep seeing threads and videos on it, so it must be a popular mod. Also, dealing with that while bolts/floors are fresh and clean seems like the the time to do it. Any thoughts on this? I realize it's not a Lexus, nor to I want it to be. Just wondering.....
  • Thinking of some interior storage, maybe the bigger door bins, or some molle bags.....I'll probably try a few things out before settling on what we need.
  • Suspension - I usually level my vehicles, wondering if a leveling kit is the way to go, or should stay far away from modifying (screwing up?!?) the Hoss 3.0 setup? Any proven formulas here without breaking the bank?
Anyhow, looking forward to the new ride, although it's quite a ways out. I'll start going through the forum to try and get some of the questions answered. Happy to be here!
Sponsored

medguy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The SCS wheels will be perfectly fine. In fact those were the exact wheels I ran on my 4runner, they are super light at like 22lbs where as the stock sas wheels are 35lbs. I also plan on running them on my bronco but my current dilemma is whether to get the 0 or -38 offset ones.

You will need to run hub centric rings as the scs wheels are 106.6mm and the bronco hub size is 93.1mm. The hub is not weight bearing so the ring is only for proper centering. RTR is the only company I believe that makes wheels in our exact hub size. Chevy and toyota both share the same hub size so I doubt many companies will end up making an exact fit for us.

Just take a look at the wheel pic thread and you will see how many people are running wheels that don't come in our hub size if you are still concerned.

OP
OP

Agar426

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The SCS wheels will be perfectly fine. In fact those were the exact wheels I ran on my 4runner, they are super light at like 22lbs where as the stock sas wheels are 35lbs. I also plan on running them on my bronco but my current dilemma is whether to get the 0 or -38 offset ones.

You will need to run hub centric rings as the scs wheels are 106.6mm and the bronco hub size is 93.1mm. The hub is not weight bearing so the ring is only for proper centering. RTR is the only company I believe that makes wheels in our exact hub size. Chevy and toyota both share the same hub size so I doubt many companies will end up making an exact fit for us.

Just take a look at the wheel pic thread and you will see how many people are running wheels that don't come in our hub size if you are still concerned.
I'm happy to run the rings! I wish SCS had a 17x10 in a 5x5 1/2" bolt pattern for my full size Bronco and my CJ!

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Everybody different - but things on your list I predict you will decide you do *NOT* needā€¦

* Performance. Broncos are pretty sporty off the lot unless you are upping your tire size. Switching on sport mode makes them even MORE so.

* Sound deadening. I read all the horror stories before I got mine and was really bracing myself for that first drive home from the dealer. Doesnā€™t phase me in the least.

* Stereo - if you get the B&O package. Again - read all the complaints by all the audio snobs before picking mine up. For my earsā€¦B&O sounds just fine. Top on or top off.

* Leveling - most likely not. The WT does not sit that much lower in the front. You notice it only if youā€™re really looking for it. I say ā€œmost likelyā€ because if you are upgrading the front bumper or adding a winch - then yeah.

Happycampinman

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Congratulations on your order. My wife ordered the Wildtrak with the lux as her daily. Weā€™ve had it for a year now and she loves it. I honestly thought I would be doing mods and after driving it daily and off road several trips itā€™s turned out to be just fine as is. Enjoy

Sponsored
OP
OP

Agar426

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Everybody different - but things on your list I predict you will decide you do *NOT* needā€¦

* Performance. Broncos are pretty sporty off the lot unless you are upping your tire size. Switching on sport mode makes them even MORE so.

* Sound deadening. I read all the horror stories before I got mine and was really bracing myself for that first drive home from the dealer. Doesnā€™t phase me in the least.

* Stereo - if you get the B&O package. Again - read all the complaints by all the audio snobs before picking mine up. For my earsā€¦B&O sounds just fine. Top on or top off.

* Leveling - most likely not. The WT does not sit that much lower in the front. You notice it only if youā€™re really looking for it. I say ā€œmost likelyā€ because if you are upgrading the front bumper or adding a winch - then yeah.

I believe I will be happy with the performance as well. I live at 7,400 feet, but the turbos will help close that gap. Just wondering what the proven formulas are.

Agreed on the sound deadening, if it isn't an issue, then I'll leave it alone. Just want to have a plan just in case. On my '85 full size, the road noise is terrible, even with the windows up and new window felts. It has no headliner, so it's bare metal, etc. I worked with the guys from Second Skin Audio to map out a bill of materials for it, that I will install this summer. Fingers crossed! It is a different situation though, older vehicle, etc.

It won't have the B&O stereo, that was relegated to the Luxe package, and my dealership said that was one of the red flag options due to supply chain issues. They told me they didn't know which sound system would come in it. My guess is that it will be whatever is available at the time? All I ask is that it's well integrated with the 12" screen. I can always replace speakers.

Understood on the leveling kit. I don't plan on a winch, but am waiting to see if the front bumper grows on me, or if it has to go. The rear bumper, on the other hand.....looks like the back end of a golf cart or something, there's so much plastic there. Pretty sure that will be the first to go!

OP
OP

Agar426

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Congratulations on your order. My wife ordered the Wildtrak with the lux as her daily. Weā€™ve had it for a year now and she loves it. I honestly thought I would be doing mods and after driving it daily and off road several trips itā€™s turned out to be just fine as is. Enjoy
Outstanding! I am hoping that is the same situation with us! I don't plan on anything major, but will probably do a few things, likely less than I mentioned in my post.....just thinking out loud months in advance. One thing I forgot to mention in the post was rock rails, or side steps. Those will probably happen, as she has already asked if it was going to have steps. Liking the DV8 offroad ones, but we'll see. It's amazing how the aftermarket has responded! I'm a Jeep guy (older Jeeps, TJs and CJs), and have enjoyed the benefits of a strong aftermarket. The Bronco seems to be right on the heels as far as support goes. As you stated though, it's going to be great as is, I'm certain!

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It won't have the B&O stereo, that was relegated to the Luxe package, and my dealership said that was one of the red flag options due to supply chain issues. They told me they didn't know which sound system would come in it. My guess is that it will be whatever is available at the time? All I ask is that it's well integrated with the 12" screen. I can always replace speakers.
You might want to reconsider dropping Lux (if you want it). Back in my day it was roof rack and tow. Dealer said donā€™t order these because they were on backorder. My logic was - they are not building the thing for monthsā€¦whose to say what will be backordered by then? So I ordered anyway. Got the Bronco exactly like I wanted 11 mos later.

Happycampinman

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Outstanding! I am hoping that is the same situation with us! I don't plan on anything major, but will probably do a few things, likely less than I mentioned in my post.....just thinking out loud months in advance. One thing I forgot to mention in the post was rock rails, or side steps. Those will probably happen, as she has already asked if it was going to have steps. Liking the DV8 offroad ones, but we'll see. It's amazing how the aftermarket has responded! I'm a Jeep guy (older Jeeps, TJs and CJs), and have enjoyed the benefits of a strong aftermarket. The Bronco seems to be right on the heels as far as support goes. As you stated though, it's going to be great as is, I'm certain!
We did order the factory side steps. Wife is a bit on the short side. Didnā€™t do the rock rails. Most of our off road is dirt and mud here in Michigan

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You might want to reconsider dropping Lux (if you want it). Back in my day it was roof rack and tow. Dealer said donā€™t order these because they were on backorder. My logic was - they are not building the thing for monthsā€¦whose to say what will be backordered by then? So I ordered anyway. Got the Bronco exactly like I wanted 11 mos later.
Yeah I wish Iā€™d left tow package on, I ordered 3/27 too but Iā€™d honestly be ok waiting instead of having to wire up a trailer brake controller if I want to tow a small camper.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Agar426

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We did order the factory side steps. Wife is a bit on the short side. Didnā€™t do the rock rails. Most of our off road is dirt and mud here in Michigan
To be honest, the rock rails are more for me! LOL! Here in NM, there's less mudding, more rocks. Hoping for a little protection from tire debris.....

OP
OP

Agar426

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah I wish Iā€™d left tow package on, I ordered 3/27 too but Iā€™d honestly be ok waiting instead of having to wire up a trailer brake controller if I want to tow a small camper.
I left the tow package off of mine, just an oversight, and I'm pissed! Will never tow with this, that's what the Cummins is for. But you never know, plus, the bike rack, etc.

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I left the tow package off of mine, just an oversight, and I'm pissed! Will never tow with this, that's what the Cummins is for. But you never know, plus, the bike rack, etc.
My other car is a rav 4 so the towing capacity is way worse lol. I donā€™t need to tow much but it be nice for yard/building stuff and a lightweight camper if we want.

OP
OP

Agar426

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My other car is a rav 4 so the towing capacity is way worse lol. I donā€™t need to tow much but it be nice for yard/building stuff and a lightweight camper if we want.
Makes sense!

Baerkeeper

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Basequatch | 2020 Miata RF
Your Bronco Model
Base
As far as not knowing what stereo, they may be referring to some Broncos not having a subwoofer and thus a $250 credit. For 2023 all Broncos come with subwoofers when Ford has them to install šŸ˜„
Sponsored