Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch, 07 Chevy turbo diesel pickup
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm a new Bronco owner - Black Diamond Sasquatch - in the Dayton/Wright Patt area of Ohio looking for advice, recommendations, etc. and hoping to meet a group that goes off-roading (initially mild trails until I develop a good "feel" for where this new vehicle's corners and tires are on the trail). A group in SW Ohio that gets together periodically would also be cool.
A few topics/questions...
- Has anyone found a good Bimini (aka "bikini") style rain covering? I'd like to install a hoist in my garage this winter & take the entire hardtop off next summer, but it rains enough here, including afternoon popup T-storms, that I at least want a rain-cover over the instrument panel and center-console. Running w/out the front half of the roof is nice, but I think (?) removing the rear roof will make a smoother airflow and reduce some of the buffeting.
- Super-cool stuff (including inexpensive) that I should be shopping for or putting on my birthday/Christmas list, (e.g. anyone seen a really cool Sasquatch key-chain fob?)
- Any other recommendations...
Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrads on your new Bronco! 2 or 4 door? Too many items to buy, everyone has different tastes. Check out the various threads here and then make a list, LOL!

With the SAS, might want to consider some sort of Splash Guards to protect your paint. You'll soon find out that the tires like to collect stones. Lots to pick from. I've got the Weathertechs but would buy the Rekgens next time. They were not available for the metal rear bumper at the time but are now. Also added the parachute chord grab handles, door pocket liners, and AMP powersteps for easy entry. If offroading a lot, you don't want the powersteps.

Been to Dayton many times over the years to the Museum and Airshow. Was there as a kid when the XB70 arrived. On the pop up storms, I can remember being at the Airshow years back when they announced there was a big cell headed for us. Take cover, yeah right. Miles from the car and no shelter on the runway where you are seated. At the time I had a camcorder (showing age) and had to hide in a portojohn to keep it somewhat dry. Best shows ever though coupled with the awesome museum.

You might check Etsy to find a SAS fob of some kind.

BulldogBuck

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Trail Team Off-Road Adventures is a great group for trail ride classes in the Dayton area. I've done 2 so far (the 101 and the 102 rides) and might be signing up for another 102 class at Windrock in Tennessee. They're obviously primarily Jeeps but I, along with another fellow 6G forum member, were their 1st Broncos back in June. They're very friendly, professional and best of all they don't charge a dime for the ride. You only have to pay for the entrance fee to the park.

https://www.trailteamoffroadadventures.com

OP
OP
Dave42

Dave42

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Congrads on your new Bronco! 2 or 4 door? Too many items to buy, everyone has different tastes. Check out the various threads here and then make a list, LOL!

With the SAS, might want to consider some sort of Splash Guards to protect your paint. You'll soon find out that the tires like to collect stones. Lots to pick from. I've got the Weathertechs but would buy the Rekgens next time. They were not available for the metal rear bumper at the time but are now. Also added the parachute chord grab handles, door pocket liners, and AMP powersteps for easy entry. If offroading a lot, you don't want the powersteps.

Been to Dayton many times over the years to the Museum and Airshow. Was there as a kid when the XB70 arrived. On the pop up storms, I can remember being at the Airshow years back when they announced there was a big cell headed for us. Take cover, yeah right. Miles from the car and no shelter on the runway where you are seated. At the time I had a camcorder (showing age) and had to hide in a portojohn to keep it somewhat dry. Best shows ever though coupled with the awesome museum.

You might check Etsy to find a SAS fob of some kind.
BigHoof -
2-door - no kids, rarely haul passengers and I like the 2-door look better, plus the tighter turn radius.
Definitely noticed that the tires pick up gravel (live in the country with a gravel drive). Good reminder about the guards. Are your Weathertechs or the Rekgens you mentioned easy to remove & re-install? I can imagine them getting violently removed (broken or lost) on an off-road trail.
Re. the XB-70, my first professional job in computer science, the office was across the street from the AF museum, and some of us used to eat lunch in the shade of the Valkyrie's wings on nice summer days (it was displayed outdoors back then. AF Museum's grown a lot over the years.).
Thanks for the suggestions and bringing back a few memories of the museum & Dayton Air Show. I always remember the way the C-5A would fill up with people hiding from the rain when a storm moved in.

OP
OP
Dave42

Dave42

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Trail Team Off-Road Adventures is a great group for trail ride classes in the Dayton area. I've done 2 so far (the 101 and the 102 rides) and might be signing up for another 102 class at Windrock in Tennessee. They're obviously primarily Jeeps but I, along with another fellow 6G forum member, were their 1st Broncos back in June. They're very friendly, professional and best of all they don't charge a dime for the ride. You only have to pay for the entrance fee to the park.

https://www.trailteamoffroadadventures.com
Bulldog -
Thanks for the recommendation. I will check them out. I need to get "back in the game". Way, way back I owned an FJ-40, but it's mostly been 4x4 pickups since then ('till now), and a 3/4 ton is ungainly in the woods - to say the least.

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 Dr here as well. It’s a blast!

If you need removable splash guards, might be worth looking at the Rokblokz. They can be quickly and easily removed. The others can be removed but would involve a lot more effort.

https://rokblokz.com/products/ford-bronco-2021-mud-flaps

OP
OP
Dave42

Dave42

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BigHoof -
Thanks. The RokBlokz are surprisingly pricy, but it very well might be worth it not to leave pieces-parts behind on a trail and have to buy a replacement set of some other brand. Definitely need something... I cringe every time I pull out of my driveway, listening to gravel pinging, and praying the gravel's only hitting the rock-bars or steps.
Sponsored