First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport, C8 Corvette Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My Method MR305 18"x9" -12 Double Black arrived today. Lift, wheels and tires will be installed this week. Couldn't wait to share. These are sick!

Ford Bronco NEW WHEELS! 69DD4F88-DD37-45B8-BAB6-3FA9706DF645

Ford Bronco NEW WHEELS! 14D1C027-1B96-45EE-A19C-C9D6D18A2E82

Ford Bronco NEW WHEELS! B89433A9-55B0-4721-9BCF-C095B1B67A57
Sponsored

Last edited:

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Looks great. I like the new hubs Method is using.

Girldadx3

Badlands
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice. Looks killer. I’ve ordered the 703 in matte black.

OP
OP
STRATUS

STRATUS

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here's a better look.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
lots and lots of poke >> 30mm + (-12) = 42mm which is 1.6 inches. Because these are 9" vs the oem 8.5", then you add .25" inches to either side so the total (1.6" + .25) = 1.85" of total poke

Sponsored
OP
OP
STRATUS

STRATUS

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
lots and lots of poke >> 30mm + (-12) = 42mm which is 1.6 inches. Because these are 9" vs the oem 8.5", then you add .25" inches to either side so the total (1.6" + .25) = 1.85" of total poke
Good point! I am expecting the Maxlider fender flares to arrive this week. They are wider and more aggressive. Crossing my fingers it all works out.

Ford Bronco NEW WHEELS! 524A6B17-90CE-4CE0-94D6-9D53A5D177A5

Last edited:

APEX REX

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor and 21 2D Base 2.7 SAS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Method are maters at going with the right offset. The stance is guaranteed to look perfect.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
fyi .. anytime you see -12, it is for a Toyota truck. It just happens that a bronco uses the same bolt pattern.

I bet these wheels are hubcentric for a toyota.

Method are maters at going with the right offset. The stance is guaranteed to look perfect.

Lurker B6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Murph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Honestly not trying to start anything, but the last part (the extra quarter inch) doesn't seem correct to me. If the reference was to Backspacing then yes; but referencing Offset then it seems to me no. Here's why I say this (feel free to murder me if this is not right).

Start with a +30 offset (stock) and move to a -12 offset (aftermarket) = 42mm which is 1.6 inches of additional poke. But the wheel width will not add to the poke (since this is offset and not backspacing) unless the wheel is actually wider than the tire (which is not at all common - or safe), or you pick a wider tire (eg. moving from a 285 to a 315 would add 30/2 = 15mm more poke), which is very common. This is because Offset references the position from the CENTER of the wheel, vs Backspace which is from the side of the wheel.

Using the above example at -12 offset (aftermarket) the poke would be the same for an 7 inch wide wheel or a 12 inch wide wheel assuming that the tire is 12.5 inches wide. This is why the Offset calculators do not ask for the wheel width when showing the tire position. However the wheel width is critical if you are discussing backspacing.

Ford Bronco NEW WHEELS! Capture.JPG

Having said all of that, yea the -12 guys and gals have a lot of poke. ;)

Sponsored

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My Method MR305 18"x9" -12 Double Black arrived today. Lift, wheels and tires will be installed this week. Couldn't wait to share. These are sick!

Now you just need the donut doors and it’ll be like the concept 👍🏻

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
so if one is going from a 8.5" to a 9" .. where is the extra .5" added to?

It has to go somewhere right?

Honestly not trying to start anything, but the last part (the extra quarter inch) doesn't seem correct to me. If the reference was to Backspacing then yes; but referencing Offset then it seems to me no. Here's why I say this (feel free to murder me if this is not right).

Start with a +30 offset (stock) and move to a -12 offset (aftermarket) = 42mm which is 1.6 inches of additional poke. But the wheel width will not add to the poke (since this is offset and not backspacing) unless the wheel is actually wider than the tire (which is not at all common - or safe), or you pick a wider tire (eg. moving from a 285 to a 315 would add 30/2 = 15mm more poke), which is very common. This is because Offset references the position from the CENTER of the wheel, vs Backspace which is from the side of the wheel.

Using the above example at -12 offset (aftermarket) the poke would be the same for an 7 inch wide wheel or a 12 inch wide wheel assuming that the tire is 12.5 inches wide. This is why the Offset calculators do not ask for the wheel width when showing the tire position. However the wheel width is critical if you are discussing backspacing.

Having said all of that, yea the -12 guys and gals have a lot of poke. ;)

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Great looking wheels!

Lurker B6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Murph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
so if one is going from a 8.5" to a 9" .. where is the extra .5" added to?

It has to go somewhere right?
If you are using Offset then the 0.5" is not added anywhere. The TIRE does not move at all, the wheel gets 0.25" wider on both sides. Since the wheel is narrower than the tire it does not impact the poke at all.

Below is a picture of a +30 Offset on an 8 inch wheel (you can't see the wheel because it is narrower than the tire) and a 9 inch wheel (you can't see the wheel because it is narrower than the tire). Since the OFFSET is measured from the CENTER of the wheel, the CENTER of both wheels is in the EXACT SAME PLACE, but the 9 inch wheel got a half inch wider on either side of the OFFSET, but the tire did not move at all (so no additional poke).

Note that the 9 inch wide wheel is "Poking out" an additional half inch, but it is also "Poking in" an additional half inch. So the Tire doesn't move and there is no additional Polk seen.

If you had an 8 inch and 9 inch wheel that both had a 6 inch BACKSPACING, then you would need to do all of the math that you are thinking of, because the tire would in fact move out for the wider wheel.

I only brought this up because you seem like a relatively competent person based on the fact that you like forged wheels with hubcentric bores and the such. It seemed like you would want to be clear on this topic.

[Sorry for hijacking this thread]

Lurker B6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Murph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
To the OP,

Those are great looking wheels.

Good looking and fair price.

After hours and hours of looking, I finally decided on the same Double Black 305's in the +25 offset for my "self-squatch". But, then finally decided to change the order to the Sasquatch package, and will use the factory wheels.
Sponsored