First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch / Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We became Bronco owners on November 24th. It's also the first Ford we have owned. When we saw it, we decided to name it Night Horse. The reason is because at night, the Hot Pepper Red literally disappears into the darkness. Night Horse is a used vehicle with highway miles and has the Badlands / Sasquatch / Lux packages. So far, we have been busy planning our first mods but the first thing we did was add new tires. We went with Falken Wildpeak AT3's in a C-load rating.

Tire Update: After using the Wildpeaks for a few weeks, they are noticeably better than the stock Goodyear's.. quieter, better ride, and more stable. Granted the originals had 27k on them, but still worth noting.

It's been interesting reading through the Bronco6G forums so far and we look forward to more. Thank you for allowing us to join.

Ford Bronco Night Horse 20231124_130709

Ford Bronco Night Horse 20231124_130729

January 5, 2024 Update: So far, after the tire upgrade, I added the IAG Aluminum Multilevel Tailgate Table. It is a very good table but I did need to do a few simple mods to it to get it to stay quiet off-road. I added a few bits of felt and now it's rock solid.

Next was a small mod to the Bronco Security Drawer in the back. I added plywood and carpet to the top to reinforce the top of the metal drawer so it can take more weight. I also added 2 more d-rings while I was at it. This will help secure our Ecoflow Glacier refrigerator and other camping gear.

Also purchased the MORRFlate 4-tire hose kit and TenSix compressor. This sure makes airing up and down a breeze. Our experience is that it inflates all four tires from 20lbs to 33 lbs in about 3 minutes.

Next, I blacked out the visor warning lables with StickerFab covers. I do this to all my vehicles.

Then, I added Dynamat to the rear floor and sides to 100% eliminate the rattle from the subwoofer. I also had spare clips handy and replaced most of those with upgraded tighter ones. The stereo quality improved quite a bit and there are no rattles from back there.

Next I addressed the lights and front end looks. I went with Morimoto lights in the front and wired the main SAE driving light to a new OEM fog light switch (had to purchase and install, then use Forscan to program it). The two inner lights I wired to Aux #6. Overall with all six lights running plus the high beams, it is hilariously bright. I may add ditch lights later. Then, because I like the looks of the Raptor front lower valances, I added those as well. I just bought those parts from the Ford dealer and installed them.

Ford Bronco Night Horse 20231230_152144

Ford Bronco Night Horse 20231230_152144 - Copy

February 23, 2024 Update: We have now been off-road several times in Night Horse in the Cohutta / Ocoee wilderness areas in East TN and NE Georgia. No issues so far. We've added a few camping and cooking items to the list of things we bring and have enjoyed our experiences so far.

The best news was finding out that Night Horse qualified for the Ford Extended Warranty, so we purchased the 10yr/100k plan thanks to Zach at Granger Ford.

Ford Bronco Night Horse 20240218_120152
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
We became Bronco owners on November 24th. It's also the first Ford we have owned. When we saw it, we decided it was a he, and his name would be Night Horse. The reason is because at night, the Hot Pepper Red literally disappears into the darkness. Night Horse is a used vehicle with highway miles and has the Badlands / Sasquatch / Lux packages. So far, we have been busy planning our first mods but the first thing we did was add new tires. We went with Falken Wildpeak AT3's in a C-load rating. They seem good so far.

It's been interesting reading through the Bronco6G forums so far and we look forward to more. Thank you for allowing us to join.

Congrats on bringing home Night Horse! He looks awesome!!

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Looks awesome! nice job. The only concern I would have is:

Next: Tie rod upgrade

You do not mention anything about upgrading the rack. Do what you want.... but I would seriously consider at the very least the RC bushings or BB bushings for the rack before upgrading the Tie Rods.... Those Tie Rods are a fuse that protects the rack. You do not just put a 30 amp fuse on a line that is designed to run 10 amps....

It is just a thought.

Timely... reference this thread...

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ade-recommendations.86324/page-2#post-2126485

OP
OP
Night Horse

Night Horse

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch / Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks awesome! nice job. The only concern I would have is:

Next: Tie rod upgrade

You do not mention anything about upgrading the rack. Do what you want.... but I would seriously consider at the very least the RC bushings or BB bushings for the rack before upgrading the Tie Rods.... Those Tie Rods are a fuse that protects the rack. You do not just put a 30 amp fuse on a line that is designed to run 10 amps....

It is just a thought.

Timely... reference this thread...

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ade-recommendations.86324/page-2#post-2126485
I appreciate that. Great advice and exactly why (after I did more research) we decided that for now we would just add a tie rod kit so that if we do break one, we can change it out on the trail. Now, if that happens, then yes, I will look at upgrading the bushings along with the tie rods.