Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters
OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How did the quality and fit do compared to be compared to your jk ?
First let me say, too many people around here are expecting this to compare to their BMW's, Benzes, Teslas... Well they are going to be disappointed.

The JK interior (in my opinion) is very basic. Like the difference between a task chair and a managers chair... Basic.

The seats in the Bronco, were way more comfortable.. Like the seats in my Stang. Where you feel like the seat holds you vs the Wrangler feels like you're sitting on top of it (no support). This is one area I was nervous about (I just can't get comfortable in the JK. And unfortunately, the reps couldn't tell me what the cloth interior was like. I'm assuming same feel, just cloth.

As for the rest, it's what I'd expect. Nothing special. But I don't care about fancy interiors... Nothing great, but nothing bad.

The ONLY complaint I had was the gas door. That was totally plastic and just felt super cheap when opening and closing it.
Sponsored

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How did the quality and fit do compared to your jk ?
Keep in mind, I am biased... All in on Bronco from day 1....20+ years ago.

But I'd absolutely take the Bronco interior over the JK (can't say about JL cuz I never sat on one). But more comfortable all around. More room for knees, and better fit/feel in driver's seat. Back seats about same as JK. nothing great.

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
@EvlNvrDys thanks for the good comparison. I had no problem in my jk so maybe I will find these that much better 😜. I agree jks were pretty utilitarian. I liked that, I should have no problem with the bronco.

mrxg78

Badlands
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is all this Subaru talk? 🤮🤮🤮🤮

Anyways, not much to report from my trip, but here goes.
1. Reps aren't giving up fuel economy.
2. Reps wouldn't go on record, but said yeah I should be good with 295's.
3. MGV surprised me, felt really soft. I kinda wish I got it.
4. Knee room was great in driver's seat (comparing to '17 JKU) Plenty of room for knees VS JKU being tight.
5. Rear seats not bad, but don't see it being comfy for an adult on a long trip.

Wasn't much else. Reps couldn't tell me difference in height between stock suspension and Squatch. Same 2 Broncos everyone else saw. Ran into a guy who was 6'4" (stocky), he fit just fine in driver's seat, was comfortable. That's about it. 🤷‍♂️
I’m right with you about the Subaru:oops::sick::sick:🤮🤮

Thanks for the update.
I’m not sure how I feel being pushed back on production date although I reserved in the first few hours on reveal day! 😒
On the one hand, moving to CT this June so the delay would give me sometime after closing on a new home (assuming I find one) to save up 💵 for the down payment. While on the other hand, I’m frustrated at Ford for keeping my hopes up on being one of the first to drive a Bronco, to now missing the first two month of production schedule 😡

BigBronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silverado, 2021 XC90
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
...to now missing the first two month of production schedule 😡
As far as I can tell they're scheduling a 5 week block (last week of May thru June). Tomorrow they'll slot in additional builds as they complete the schedule...so there is still hope! In fact, we don't really know how many they've scheduled so it's possible tomorrow is actually thousands of additional spots. Who knows!

The thing I don't understand...it's said all over this forum, from what appears to be actual Ford employees, that the official start date is May 3rd. If that's true, what are they scheduling from May 3 thru the last week of May? So it's probably not true...

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First let me say, too many people around here are expecting this to compare to their BMW's, Benzes, Teslas... Well they are going to be disappointed.

The JK interior (in my opinion) is very basic. Like the difference between a task chair and a managers chair... Basic.

The seats in the Bronco, were way more comfortable.. Like the seats in my Stang. Where you feel like the seat holds you vs the Wrangler feels like you're sitting on top of it (no support). This is one area I was nervous about (I just can't get comfortable in the JK. And unfortunately, the reps couldn't tell me what the cloth interior was like. I'm assuming same feel, just cloth.

As for the rest, it's what I'd expect. Nothing special. But I don't care about fancy interiors... Nothing great, but nothing bad.

The ONLY complaint I had was the gas door. That was totally plastic and just felt super cheap when opening and closing it.
I was hoping for something along the lines of their platinum trim, but Ford hates their midsize trucks.
Its good to hear the seats are comfortable. I've heard that on here a few times about the bronco and mustang. I drive down to Wilmington NC a lot, 10+ hours behind the wheel.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As far as I can tell they're scheduling a 5 week block (last week of May thru June). Tomorrow they'll slot in additional builds as they complete the schedule...so there is still hope! In fact, we don't really know how many they've scheduled so it's possible tomorrow is actually thousands of additional spots. Who knows!

The thing I don't understand...it's said all over this forum, from what appears to be actual Ford employees, that the official start date is May 3rd. If that's true, what are they scheduling from May 3 thru the last week of May? So it's probably not true...
I heard it was dealer demos. Anything built on/after day one can be sold. Broncos built before that will be crushed/repurposed.

BigBronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silverado, 2021 XC90
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I heard it was dealer demos. Anything built on/after day one can be sold. Broncos built before that will be crushed/repurposed.
I know that started march 29th and from what I've read they've built about 400 so far. So yeah, it's probably just more of that and May 3rd date doesn't mean anything...probably need a few thousand for demos / press.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know that started march 29th and from what I've read they've built about 400 so far. So yeah, it's probably just more of that and May 3rd date doesn't mean anything...probably need a few thousand for demos / press.
I'm pretty sure the dealer demos start may 3 and run all month.
The broncos they are building now can not be sold, so will not be dealer demos

Edit
Job 1 is the first day of building production broncos. These 400 are all pre production.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Totally. And I had to remind myself of that. And I knew that going into it. Yet was still meh when I finally saw it. But I'm reminding myself what I'm buying here. It's not a luxury vehicle and isn't supposed to be. It's supposed to be rugged. It's supposed to get dirty. It's not meant to drive cross country in. Short trips and off roading that's its purpose.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Totally. And I had to remind myself of that. And I knew that going into it. Yet was still meh when I finally saw it. But I'm reminding myself what I'm buying here. It's not a luxury vehicle and isn't supposed to be. It's supposed to be rugged. It's supposed to get dirty. It's not meant to drive cross country in. Short trips and if roading that's it's purpose.
Well, that would suck. 50% of my trips are full days on the highway, the other half is wheeling. Other than that, the truck sits in a garage for months without use.
I take the subway to work.

Googz13

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just on my situation: Brewster has a Ford rep looking into why my order is a Black Diamond and not a Base Squatch like I what I signed off on. 🤞 it gets resolved soon.

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just on my situation: Brewster has a Ford rep looking into why my order is a Black Diamond and not a Base Squatch like I what I signed off on. 🤞 it gets resolved soon.
Without seeing a cloth interior.... because god forbid Ford parade the (3) different interiors around (cloth, MGV, Leather). After yesterday (if money wasn't an issue for you), I'd say go with the BD. I seriously can't stress enough how I felt about the MGV.... and normally I could give 2 shits about interior.. I'm not a fan of leather, cloth is fine, but I was impressed with the feel of the MGV.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Without seeing a cloth interior.... because god forbid Ford parade the (3) different interiors around (cloth, MGV, Leather). After yesterday (if money wasn't an issue for you), I'd say go with the BD. I seriously can't stress enough how I felt about the MGV.... and normally I could give 2 shits about interior.. I'm not a fan of leather, cloth is fine, but I was impressed with the feel of the MGV.
my assumption is the cloth would probably be like any other Ford... no? Cloth is cloth... I'm sure they're using the same supplier they use for any other Ford vehicle with cloth seats.

I like you, wanted to check out the MGV... and like you, I liked it. It was very soft, felt comfortable. I actually was very surprised about how soft. It's totally a captains chair on a boat.

And I'm sure it'll be durable. But only time will tell on that one.

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

my assumption is the cloth would probably be like any other Ford... no? Cloth is cloth... I'm sure they're using the same supplier they use for any other Ford vehicle with cloth seats.

I like you, wanted to check out the MGV... and like you, I liked it. It was very soft, felt comfortable. I actually was very surprised about how soft. It's totally a captains chair on a boat.

And I'm sure it'll be durable. But only time will tell on that one.
My problem isn't what the feel of the cloth will be, it's more so how the seat will be. Best I can describe it is.... in the wife's Jeep I feel like I sit on top of the seat. In my Mustang I feel like I sit down in my seat. More support on the sides if that makes sense.

I'd like to think the cloth seats are the same basic shape as the MGV, but sure would like to confirm that. Otherwise I'd have to seriously consider going up to a BD build.
Sponsored