Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
it's been fun. 😁

So far no one has been disrespectful (yet). And I'm keeping it diplomatic. I knew that was going to turn shit up.

whatever, everyone is allowed to their opinion, and if you want to blame Ford, blame Ford, if you want to blame the dealers blame the dealers. No one is squeaky clean here.

Just trying to open a few minds.
giphy (6).gif
As long as you made sure no crazies followed you back here, all is forgiven... 😁
Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Man. It's a mess out there. Guess people are pissed off about this whole allocation thing.

Unpopular opinion here... But I don't understand why people are blaming this on Ford and not the dealers.

Please correct me if I'm wrong...

Dealers are in the business of making money. Right? These 'deals' aren't out of the goodness of their hearts. They're making money. I don't know for fact, but at least in my simple mind, if I sell 10 broncos at $1000 profit, or if I sell 30 broncos at $500 profit, I'm making more money by sheer volume. (And these dealers increased by much more than triple from what I've read) Nevermind whatever else they're making on whatever deals they have with whatever banks on doing financing through them. Also selling trade-ins, extended warranties, insurance, etc...

Dealers were aware of allocations. This isn't new to them. They tried gaming the system and Ford just did what they always do.

The dealerships used people and passed it off as 'deals'. And some people probably saved money, it was a two way street for a bit. But now dealerships are trying to blame Ford. Bc now they're probably not going to make the margins they were forecasting. And they're trying to use this forum to get people on their side.

plus how about the innocent original reservation holders at these dealers? They could've been 15 or 20 in line with like a Sept 2020 reservation, but bc of everyone flocking they got pushed into what could now be 2023. But no one cares about them, right? Just as long as you're getting a good deal. That's all that matters.

if everyone ordered from their local dealer and didn't boost their numbers, allocations wouldn't even be a problem.

but, where I will blame Ford... this is what happens when you try to use Tesla's model when you have 3rd parties that actually sell your cars. Ford didn't account for these dealerships that would come to the internet to inflate their sales.

plus, while it sucks, it's still a small percentage of overall orders. And. Just change your order to a different dealer. I'm sure once these folks actually did some math on how much they're saving compared to how much they're spending to drive half way across the country, they'll realize the savings wasn't there to begin with.

And hey, good for these dealers. They saw a loophole and exploited it to make money. But let's not make them into heroes.

Or maybe all this is just the cynic in me. But if I were one of those people, I'd be pissed at the dealer who made things seem all peachy, only to have it come crashing down. The dealerships own the relationship with Ford. Not us. Maybe they should've ran their business model by Ford first to see if i they'd be able to meet demand? Before they went making promises they can't keep.

we were all quick to blame Ford for their supplier Webasto. Shouldn't we then blame the dealers for their supplier Ford?
You're not completely wrong, but people who haven't done business with Granger keep talking about this being some kind of predatory business practice. You even mention their deals "aren't out of the goodness of their hearts." But like most people, I did not order from Granger to save money.

Were you aware Albert was still helping his customers ON HIS DEATH BED in the hospital. On his death bed. He and his family weren't making money from him trying to help people while he was dying. That's just who these people are. I am no longer a member of an organized religion, but Albert and Zach are, and the way they do business is interwoven with their own religious beliefs.

I have two Ford dealers in my city. The are brothers-in-law and both crooks. Plenty of people here buy out of town and out of state to keep from buying from them. I knew I was going to have to buy from out of town and do everything by phone an email after trying to work with them, but they acted like ordering a Bronco was too much of a pain for them to talk to me. So I had to go out of town and it's really not much different if it's 2 hours away or 22 hours.

I called a bunch of dealers in other cities. There are a shit ton of dealers in Phoenix, but NOBODY would agree to a price in writing. NOBODY. Some of them wouldn't even call me back. So I tried calling Albert. Dealing with Albert and Zach and Amanda and the rest of the staff at Granger was like my own Dad was helping buy a Bronco.

Even if it takes until 2026 to get my Bronco, I'd rather wait and buy from Granger than move up in line, and risk that the dealer is going to screw me when and if my Bronco shows up.

And are they "gaming the system" as you say? Per Ford's original allocation rules. All the Granger customers who weren't purposely waiting for 2023 to get painted mod tops, would have gotten Broncos in 2022. They received 203 allocation for the second half of 2021 during reduced production. Why wouldn't everyone expect them to get 400 minimum for 2022. Now, we are currently looking at just over 100 allocation for 2022. If that amount is the same in subsequent years, the reservations wouldn't be filled until 2026.

One of the out of town dealers I talked to is San Tan Ford. They received 500 reservations that first week after the reveal. This new allocation formula guarantees they will be able to fulfill all their orders and get a bunch of dealer stock in 2022. Why should San Tan be allowed to fill 1000 Bronco reservations but Granger and Stephen's aren't?

So, yes, I'm mad at Ford. I canceled a July 20 reservation because they sent me a letter saying they would fill all the reservations, but it might spill over into early 2022. Granger never said I would get my Bronco in 2022, FORD did. So absolutely I am mad at Ford.

And what most of non-Granger customers don't see is what goes on in the private emails and phone calls between Granger and their customers. They bend over backwards to help each and every one of us, even if it means a different dealer, a different vehicle, a different Bronco. They treat every customer like it's their birthday... every day.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You're not completely wrong, but people who haven't done business with Granger keep talking about this being some kind of predatory business practice. You even mention their deals "aren't out of the goodness of their hearts." But like most people, I did not order from Granger to save money.

Were you aware Albert was still helping his customers ON HIS DEATH BED in the hospital. On his death bed. He and his family weren't making money from him trying to help people while he was dying. That's just who these people are. I am no longer a member of an organized religion, but Albert and Zach are, and the way they do business is interwoven with their own religious beliefs.

I have two Ford dealers in my city. The are brothers-in-law and both crooks. Plenty of people here buy out of town and out of state to keep from buying from them. I knew I was going to have to buy from out of town and do everything by phone an email after trying to work with them, but they acted like ordering a Bronco was too much of a pain for them to talk to me. So I had to go out of town and it's really not much different if it's 2 hours away or 22 hours.

I called a bunch of dealers in other cities. There are a shit ton of dealers in Phoenix, but NOBODY would agree to a price in writing. NOBODY. Some of them wouldn't even call me back. So I tried calling Albert. Dealing with Albert and Zach and Amanda and the rest of the staff at Granger was like my own Dad was helping buy a Bronco.

Even if it takes until 2026 to get my Bronco, I'd rather wait and buy from Granger than move up in line, and risk that the dealer is going to screw me when and if my Bronco shows up.

And are they "gaming the system" as you say? Per Ford's original allocation rules. All the Granger customers who weren't purposely waiting for 2023 to get painted mod tops, would have gotten Broncos in 2022. They received 203 allocation for the second half of 2021 during reduced production. Why wouldn't everyone expect them to get 400 minimum for 2022. Now, we are currently looking at just over 100 allocation for 2022. If that amount is the same in subsequent years, the reservations wouldn't be filled until 2026.

One of the out of town dealers I talked to is San Tan Ford. They received 500 reservations that first week after the reveal. This new allocation formula guarantees they will be able to fulfill all their orders and get a bunch of dealer stock in 2022. Why should San Tan be allowed to fill 1000 Bronco reservations but Granger and Stephen's aren't?

So, yes, I'm mad at Ford. I canceled a July 20 reservation because they sent me a letter saying they would fill all the reservations, but it might spill over into early 2022. Granger never said I would get my Bronco in 2022, FORD did. So absolutely I am mad at Ford.

And what most of non-Granger customers don't see is what goes on in the private emails and phone calls between Granger and their customers. They bend over backwards to help each and every one of us, even if it means a different dealer, a different vehicle, a different Bronco. They treat every customer like it's their birthday... every day.
I have zero issues with Granger or the people that work there. I'm not saying they aren't good people. I'm sure they're great people.

But how they treat people does not absolve them from fault or responsibility of the mess. It just makes them nice people that made a mistake.

I also didn't single out any dealership purposely. There's a few.

Sponsored

Rob1135ny

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Moab
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Took a "sick day" and got my ceramic coating done. All ready for winter now 😂. Say what you want about it looking like a school bus but this color in the sun is awesome.
Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 19D680D0-7E75-4574-A7B1-C733A6E63382

Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 228025A8-2D05-49E5-B5F9-063CA0302DC8

Also added some 3m PPF that I had for the rollbar (didn't need) and applied it to the door sills. My kids were going scratch the hell out of them soon.
Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 3DEED305-CE93-4AD8-A639-E7475DA6CD2E

Turned out real good and barely noticeable

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
FYI, for anyone ordering parts or accessories - I found a dealership in FL (Gary Smith Ford) with great prices, cheap shipping and a coupon for further discount on the parts. Most online parts dealers only offer discounts on shipping. The woman who called me to confirm one of the parts was really nice. I got the impression they were a small dealership.

forddiscountparts.com
coupon: RETURN500 (5% off $500 or more)