Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You and me both on all the electrical bullshit. The way things are now.

Not to be mean to @PowPow , but I feel a little better being over 30k now and no major problems. Though 3 days ago, I was walking to my Bronco (not running), opened the door and had a parking brake error flash up on the dash. Went away quick. Hopped in, started it up, been fine ever since. 🤷‍♂️
Yeah. Mine isn't going away.

Well hopefully it's an easy fix and not long, or beans gives me a loaner.
Sponsored

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Last night I got an alert for park break failure. Lots of loud flashing lights. I figured since it's the park brake I could still drive, but went like 40yrds and more and different alerts started going off pertaining to the brakes. So I'm not risking it. Ford can pay for that tow.
I always used to use my manual parking brake, leave the car in first gear and pull back the parking break. I now have automatic transmissions though. However, after all these years, a friend of mine (mechanic) told me to use the parking brake only when on a steep slope , other wise make sure the car is in park, with wheels facing towards side. of course after all these years i kept on doing what I always did , UNTILL the brake froze at low tide at the launching ramps- quick call to my friend who came right over and did something and got it released-- got a speech., HOWEVER, i kept on using my newly installed brake , until the fricken cable snapped in my driveway. again a phone call followed by a a more stern lecture. I now don't use my electronic emergency brake at all. I keep the wheel block attached to a rope that i use this when launching and avoid the emergency brake altogether

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I always used to use my manual parking brake, leave the car in first gear and pull back the parking break. I now have automatic transmissions though. However, after all these years, a friend of mine (mechanic) told me to use the parking brake only when on a steep slope , other wise make sure the car is in park, with wheels facing towards side. of course after all these years i kept on doing what I always did , UNTILL the brake froze at low tide at the launching ramps- quick call to my friend who came right over and did something and got it released-- got a speech., HOWEVER, i kept on using my newly installed brake , until the fricken cable snapped in my driveway. again a phone call followed by a a more stern lecture. I now don't use my electronic emergency brake at all. I keep the wheel block attached to a rope that i use this when launching and avoid the emergency brake altogether
Yeah. I never used it. Wasn't even sure where it was.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I picked up my Bronco about an hour ago. All has been fixed. They told me it had something to do with an OTA update that messed up the Parking Brake software. Once they reinstalled or whatever, it's now working fine.

🤷‍♂️

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I picked up my Bronco about an hour ago. All has been fixed. They told me it had something to do with an OTA update that messed up the Parking Brake software. Once they reinstalled or whatever, it's now working fine.

🤷‍♂️
Gotta love all these electronics 🤦‍♂️

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

One step closer fellas!!!!!!!!!!!! No turning back now.

Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 1677599722038

WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!

Have not been this "pumped" since the reveal. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ducky

Wildtrak
First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OK. Time for me to pick the brains of all you current owners. Since us future owners are fortunate enough to learn from the early owners, is there anything you wish you knew/bought earlier on that would have made ownership easier/better?
Yes, I know. It's a question that could go in so many different directions. But why not. Just finally trying to do my part to get us to 1000. 🤣😂

Sponsored

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OK. Time for me to pick the brains of all you current owners. Since us future owners are fortunate enough to learn from the early owners, is there anything you wish you knew/bought earlier on that would have made ownership easier/better?
Yes, I know. It's a question that could go in so many different directions. But why not. Just finally trying to do my part to get us to 1000. 🤣😂
stay with the soft top and get an aftermarket (ADV ) hardtop . I wanted the original mod top , then the MIC, then had to go to the soft top and immediately got scheduled. now I realize I should had gone the soft top all the way and I would have been in the first wave and had the factory installed tow package (which was available then ) rather than having it added afterwards. otherwise I am happy with how everything turned out

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mabett padded console cover. Save your elbow.

https://www.amazon.com/Mabett-Accessories-Scratches-Waterproof-Protector/dp/B09QM9JJN8

Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 1677874857947

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I doubt you'll find one thing anyone bought and wish they'd pulled the trigger sooner.

It all depends on how you're using it. Mine being a DD and used for towing my 12' trailer, I went with the tow hitch before I even had the truck. Anything else I added to it was for fun or in my mind, the cool factor.

One purchase that made sense to me was the rear lift shocks for my soft top (don't remember if u have hard or soft top). Got rear seat protectors for free cuz a seller on BN was looking for peeps to post up to social media. My Chinese ARB under the hood is to make filling tires in all our vehicles easier.

So I'd say look around at what others in here did, and figure out what you want to do first.

Last note, if you didn't get squatch, like my brother in law. His first moves were a 2" level lift, and wheels/tires shortly thereafter.

Edit: forgot the biggest improvement I made... Dumped the rear pods for 6.5" wake board speakers. Definitely worth it for me. Also got Kicker Key Amp, but had to send harness back for repairs... And never put Amp back in. Not needed if you mess with Forscan.

Ducky

Wildtrak
First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
stay with the soft top and get an aftermarket (ADV ) hardtop . I wanted the original mod top , then the MIC, then had to go to the soft top and immediately got scheduled. now I realize I should had gone the soft top all the way and I would have been in the first wave and had the factory installed tow package (which was available then ) rather than having it added afterwards. otherwise I am happy with how everything turned out
Unfortunately (or fortunately, since I would have gone for the Mod White top $$) I was stubborn and kept the MIC Top in my order..
Sponsored