Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters
OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For those thinking aftermarket wheels and tires, looking for your thoughts. Reminder I'm a non-squatch BD

I think I'm going with RTR wheels (9 inch rim) shown below at +30 offset. I prefer the 18s but could go 17
https://www.rtrvehicles.com/collections/bronco-rtr-parts/products/bronco-rtr-tech-6

I want to wrap them with T/A KO2s at 33", but can't decide on the size. My first choice was 275 70 R18s, same as my truck, but it says the max rim size is 8.5. Q1: Any idea why 265s can do a 9 inch rim but these can't? My second choice would be the 305 65 R18 but those will stick out 1.78", seems like a lot relative to stock. Do you think the current BD tires (265 70 R17) line up directly with fender or will they sit inside the fender a bit? I want to keep stock fenders, but don't want to stick out too much beyond. Other choice would be 295 70 R17 which will stick out 1.58" more than stock.

The Badlands runs 285 70 R17 +55, so this will be 0.4" further out than the BD. When I saw the Badlands I thought it looked great, likely fits inside the same fender right?

I'm ready to buy, just can't decide what.
Yeah I'm not going to touch this... @BAUS67 and I have been going back and forth on max tire size for the last couple of weeks (he's the expert and I'm clearly not, I just do CAD).

Anyways, I say that a 285 will fit on a BB wheel and be just fine on a stock BB. The numbers tell me it should work fine. Whereas I "believe" he is in agreement with me (to a certain extent), he's holding true to "We don't know what will fit until we get one".

So we can sit here and say this will work and that won't, until we are blue in the face. It seems that no one knows for sure. And yes, I've gone through, drawn the wheels, set the mounting points based on offset and wheel width. That's how I've come to the conclusion on BB rocking 285's. But I would caution throwing bigger tires then that.... until we know better.

So that's my best answer without really answering anything 😁
Sponsored

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
@BigBronco1 I believe some manufacturers prefer to keep the rim a little thinner, to allow for the tire to keep a C in the shape if that makes sense. Helps with ride and sidewall stiffness for load deflection at given pressure from what I understand. Also ability to keep the bead.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, this just happened...

Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 1623785352848

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got my security drawer. F**ker is heavy and of course they are fixing the elevator. Luckily only Had to lug this bastard up one flight of stairs. Thing is build awesome
105947DC-08C5-473A-B726-E5152873788F.jpeg
3803ED4F-1C23-49CE-9610-3093C8BB8783.jpeg
Looks good!

Now that I (might someday hear back from my sales person) switched to a soft top, I need to think more on what I want to do about securing gear in the Bronco. When I was flopping back and forth, before deciding on the hard top, I liked the enclosure with hinged lid. It was on the overland concept and the fridge fit inside.
Downsides are no way to make a sleeping platform and the fridge would take up almost half the space for something that would not be a target for theft.

Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 1623786817549

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks good!

Now that I (might someday hear back from my sales person) switched to a soft top, I need to think more on what I want to do about securing gear in the Bronco. When I was flopping back and forth, before deciding on the hard top, I liked the enclosure with hinged lid. It was on the overland concept and the fridge fit inside.
Downsides are no way to make a sleeping platform and the fridge would take up almost half the space for something that would not be a target for theft.

Yea I figured I can build a platform to match up with drawer. I was thinking a fridge to. Have to come up with some work around

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got my security drawer. F**ker is heavy and of course they are fixing the elevator. Luckily only Had to lug this bastard up one flight of stairs. Thing is build awesome
NICE! Hey when you get a chance could you let me know the height of this? Just want to see what will/won't fit in this if height is a restriction. Also how's the opening work? Does it latch without locking? Thanks dude!

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

NICE! Hey when you get a chance could you let me know the height of this? Just want to see what will/won't fit in this if height is a restriction. Also how's the opening work? Does it latch without locking? Thanks dude!
Inside height is 5" and you can't latch it without locking. You also adjust the compartment size by moving the dividers or just take them out. For all the stuff I have I can a lot
Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 8B3FA06E-C2D0-4E2E-9FE4-8570D4D484CA
Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 6C228705-C0D2-4EBA-84B3-F76546EA6DEB
Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 50B0D935-C3E2-47F6-81D2-1271427C269C
Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? image

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Inside height is 5" and you can't latch it without locking. You also adjust the compartment size by moving the dividers or just take them out. For all the stuff I have I can a lot
Great thanks for the info

Sponsored

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you get one I would buy it through here. They are the cheapest even with shipping. It's $670 everywhere else

https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/vm2dz-78115a00-e.html
Yeah I had noticed that when I googled the part#. Also glad to see they ship it to you instead of having to do a pickup from a ford dealer. Still debating to buy it now or wait for the fordpass points when I purchase the Bronco. It's really the only thing I'm interested in plus the tailgate table.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah I had noticed that when I googled the part#. Also glad to see they ship it to you instead of having to do a pickup from a ford dealer. Still debating to buy it now or wait for the fordpass points when I purchase the Bronco. It's really the only thing I'm interested in plus the tailgate table.
I figured I can always use my ford points for checkups and stuff.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is this, Horseshoes? We better keep it moving.
Maybe 'hand grenades' after seeing some of the posts lately. Plenty close for that... 😁
Sponsored