Sponsored

No power to fog lights after swapping out stock fogs???

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sorry but I just can’t wade through 100s of pages looking and really suck at searching….I have a big bend with plastic bumper and fog lights (worked on light switch)…swapped to Diode Dynamic fogs (with adaptor from superbrightleds) and have no power to harness (at main bumper plug)?? Plugged stock lights back in…nothing….is there a fuse/circuit breaker somewhere? What color is the ”hot” at the lights?
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry but I just can’t wade through 100s of pages looking and really suck at searching….I have a big bend with plastic bumper and fog lights (worked on light switch)…swapped to Diode Dynamic fogs (with adaptor from superbrightleds) and have no power to harness (at main bumper plug)?? Plugged stock lights back in…nothing….is there a fuse/circuit breaker somewhere? What color is the ”hot” at the lights?
There is no fuse. Fog lights are controlled by a FET in the bcm. If there’s a fault it’ll disable the circuit, but should go back to normal after the circuit fault is no longer present.

Power wire for the fogs lights are brown on the left side and yellow/orange on the right side. Both share the same ground circuit which is a black/green wire.

OP
OP
Oldhippie

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There is no fuse. Fog lights are controlled by a FET in the bcm. If there’s a fault it’ll disable the circuit, but should go back to normal after the circuit fault is no longer present.

Power wire for the fogs lights are brown on the left side and yellow/orange on the right side. Both share the same ground circuit which is a black/green wire.
Thank you!! You the man!
Not going back to normal with stock lights plugged in…

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Your adapter is wired backwards... flip it around. It'll reset itself after a while. However your Diode Dynamics fog kit comes with pigtails already so you should just use the pigtails that came with the kit.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you!! You the man!
Not going back to normal with stock lights plugged in…
Try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes then retry.

OP
OP
Oldhippie

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Your adapter is wired backwards... flip it around. It'll reset itself after a while. However your Diode Dynamics fog kit comes with pigtails already so you should just use the pigtails that came with the kit.
the pigtails with the lights are just pigtails with only a plug for the light and wires to splice to. But yeah one was backwards…

OP
OP
Oldhippie

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes then retry.
not working…yet…late now, will mess with it tomorrow. Thank you!!

Diode Dynamics

First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey there!

Please go ahead and give us a call at 314-205-3033 Monday-Friday 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. CST, or shoot us an email at [email protected], and our in-house US service team would be happy to help you with that.

Hours: Monday-Friday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. CDT
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 314-205-3033

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

why are you using some adapter from superbrightleds? What kind of adapter? Your fog kit from Diode Dynamics should have come with a pigtail to use... Did you order through Diode Dynamics or a vendor? What did you order exactly as you shouldn't have to source parts from different companies. The fog kits include everything needed.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Oldhippie

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
why are you using some adapter from superbrightleds? What kind of adapter? Your fog kit from Diode Dynamics should have come with a pigtail to use... Did you order through Diode Dynamics or a vendor? What did you order exactly as you shouldn't have to source parts from different companies. The fog kits include everything needed.
apparently you did not read my answer to you that the pigtails from diode dynamic (where I bought them) only have a plug on one end…I bought the adapters from a company that actually helped me and they plug in just fine…and you are wrong, the fog light kit (SS3 pro) does not include everything needed…but none of this is my current problem or any of your business…can you help me or not?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

apparently you did not read my answer to you that the pigtails from diode dynamic (where I bought them) only have a plug on one end…I bought the adapters from a company that actually helped me and they plug in just fine…and you are wrong, the fog light kit (SS3 pro) does not include everything needed…but none of this is my current problem or any of your business…can you help me or not?
The Diode Dynamics fog kits include pigtails for the factory fog connection. If you buy a Fog Kit for the Broncos they include the pigtails required to connect to your factory fog circuit.

It sounds like you are trying to just use a pair of SS3 in the opening and didn't buy the actual "fog Kit".

I'm trying to help you here, but it doesn't sound like you bought the right product for your truck.

Without knowing specifically what wiring you bought it would be hard to help you. It sounds like you figured out the pigtails you got elsewhere were wrong. I'd need to know what wiring harness/pigtail you are trying to use to help because again, it sounds like you may not have the right components.

The Diode Dynamics fog kits include 2 pigtails.

DT 2-Pin to H11 which look like this:
Ford Bronco No power to fog lights after swapping out stock fogs??? 1697739739976

And DT 4-Pin to H11 which look like this:
Ford Bronco No power to fog lights after swapping out stock fogs??? 1697739759062

Both are included in the fog kits because you can get the fog kits with SS3 back-lit or SS3 non-backlit.

Complete Kit has the following:
Ford Bronco No power to fog lights after swapping out stock fogs??? 1697739849539

OP
OP
Oldhippie

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The Diode Dynamics fog kits include pigtails for the factory fog connection. If you buy a Fog Kit for the Broncos they include the pigtails required to connect to your factory fog circuit.

It sounds like you are trying to just use a pair of SS3 in the opening and didn't buy the actual "fog Kit".

I'm trying to help you here, but it doesn't sound like you bought the right product for your truck.

Without knowing specifically what wiring you bought it would be hard to help you. It sounds like you figured out the pigtails you got elsewhere were wrong. I'd need to know what wiring harness/pigtail you are trying to use to help because again, it sounds like you may not have the right components.
stop making stuff up and blaming me…I do not have a stock bumper so a kit for a “stock” bronco would not work, so I didn’t order one, so again you are wrong…I never said the the pigtails were wrong…so again you are making stuff up…and again none of this has anything to do with my problem or is any of your business.
Can you answer which side of the receptacle on the light is the hot, then I can check continuity of the adapters to make sure hot is going to hot.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

stop making stuff up and blaming me…I do not have a stock bumper so a kit for a “stock” bronco would not work, so I didn’t order one, so again you are wrong…I never said the the pigtails were wrong…so again you are making stuff up…and again none of this has anything to do with my problem or is any of your business.
Can you answer which side of the receptacle on the light is the hot, then I can check continuity of the adapters to make sure hot is going to hot.
You stated in your first post " I have a big bend with plastic bumper and fog lights ". It's safe to assume you are trying to install a fog kit on that...

Which lights do you have... SS3 without backlighting or SS3 with backlighting, because they have different DT connectors/pin outs.

OP
OP
Oldhippie

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You stated in your first post " I have a big bend with plastic bumper and fog lights ". It's safe to assume you are trying to install a fog kit on that...

Which lights do you have... SS3 without backlighting or SS3 with backlighting, because they have different DT connectors/pin outs.
I mentioned the plastic bumper because I did kit want it to tun into a “adding fog lights/swapping bumper thread…I actually added a JCR vanguard bumper and will need to shorten the light mounting brackets to get them to fit property…but another problem.
no back light…my adapters look like the top adapter photo you posted (dt2-h11)…again which side are the + and - on the lights?
Sponsored