Mikehoncho

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have an aftermarket bumper and was hoping to reuse the fog lights from the standard bumper, but those lights have mount holes on the sides facing front/rear. But the attachment point for fog lights on my new bumper is above the cutout for the light, needs to be attached top/bottom, similar to what’s in the second photo.

Is there anything I can do?

Ford Bronco Transferring standard bumper fog lights to aftermarket bumper B6CEF2BB-5FDC-4B42-AF87-7F1A4BEFE62B

Ford Bronco Transferring standard bumper fog lights to aftermarket bumper F34106CB-F9C5-4922-8961-E382E9E0E3F1
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I want to do the exact same thing. No reason to buy new fog lights when I can reuse existing one.

I haven't put my aftermarket bumper on yet (just got the Bronco) So I'm kind of in the same boat as you are. I bookmarked a few places with some various brackets that I thought I might be able to adapt or use, But I'm not sure yet.

To be honest, in the end you can end up buying some fog lights pretty cheap if you go with some Amazon ones... It may just be easier because even these brackets are not free.

The one thing to watch out for is that the factory fogs only pull like 3 amps I think. So you have to make sure, if you do replace your fogs, they get some low power ones unless you want to install a relay.

I had found these brackets in bookmark them not knowing if they could be adapted or not. I've been waiting to get my factory fog lights out to dig further into possible solutions.

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/morim...Uv3CVhs0SOLIuXuNm7l_EKW3dd09DjmRoCpc0QAvD_BwE

OP
OP

Mikehoncho

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Glad I'm not alone, I guess!

I'm not the brightest tool in the shed, but I'm not sure those brackets solve the problem. There's no way to mount the sides of that bracket to the light.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Glad I'm not alone, I guess!

I'm not the brightest tool in the shed, but I'm not sure those brackets solve the problem. There's no way to mount the sides of that bracket to the light.
My plan, and again this is all in theory, was to simply twist the uprights of those brackets so the holes would be facing front to back instead of sideways. From what I saw the factory fogs have four holes that are facing forwards... Was thinking this bracket may line up with at least one of those on each side and maybe give me something to work with.

My hopes are to get my new bumper installed, and then be able to take my time and figure out the fog light situation.

DCtoobs42

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 T4R Limited (RIP)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Seems like some of.our friends on the 3d printing threads might be able to help out here?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mikehoncho

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My plan, and again this is all in theory, was to simply twist the uprights of those brackets so the holes would be facing front to back instead of sideways. From what I saw the factory fogs have four holes that are facing forwards... Was thinking this bracket may line up with at least one of those on each side and maybe give me something to work with.

My hopes are to get my new bumper installed, and then be able to take my time and figure out the fog light situation.
Ah - ok gotcha

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Replace them! The standard ones suck huge. Replacements are plug and play and very inexpensive....and whoa the difference!!!

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mikehoncho

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think @Diode Dynamics makes the best ones out there, and there's a single replacement (I picked it in yellow) and comes in various power levels depending on what you can spend. Even their lowest levels will be far better than the factory. You can also check @ORACLE Lighting or is it @OracleLights ? ....
Fantastic lights, no doubt. Appreciate the recommendations. I'll have to save up / move through other accessory priorities before those make it to the top

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Fantastic lights, no doubt. Appreciate the recommendations. I'll have to save up / move through other accessory priorities before those make it to the top
Yeah, even I balked at the top level....went one level down for the value, but couldn't be more pleased.
Sponsored