Sponsored

Adding Fog Lights to Badlands (Modular Bumper)

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Exactly, i had said it wouldn't run the battery down since they would shut off.
Sorry, misread your comment. Must not of had my fog lights on.
Sponsored

Last edited:

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry, misread your comment. Must not of had my fog lights on.
No problem. Wouldn't be the first time i thought one thing and typed something else on here. Lol

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

No problem. Wouldn't be the first time i thought one thing and typed something else on here. Lol
Thanks, I’m amazed at how Apple likes to rewrite my sentences. I know I’m an engineer so I can’t spell by nature, but I normally know what I’m trying to say!

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s true @5280Bronco . I meant on my truck that turning the lights off unlatched the relay for the fog lights. Being on the overhead switch, they should turn back on when the switch is turned on, which I would prefer 95% of the time.
That is how it is supposed to be, by law the fog light relay is powered from the low beam headlights, so the fog lights go off either with switching to high beam or turning off the lights.

Last edited:

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep... just stating my preference

Sponsored

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It does look nice, but probably not ideal on the modular bumper since that's the portion you can remove...I think?
I have never removed parts of the bumper before I go offroading before and I can't say as I plan to start doing so now...

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone seen a photo of the light switch on a Badlands to see if the fog light switch is there or deleted?
Here is a picture of the actual headlight switch from a Badlands without the fog lights. On the Broncos that do have fogs, the center of the dial has a small light symbol and pushes in to turn them on. Can see the difference in the second comparison pic. Also a chart of the positions.

Appears as though the dash dimmer is the + and _ buttons to the right of the dial.

Ford Bronco Adding Fog Lights to Badlands (Modular Bumper) Light Control
Ford Bronco Adding Fog Lights to Badlands (Modular Bumper) Badlands vs Wildtrak
Ford Bronco Adding Fog Lights to Badlands (Modular Bumper) Lighting Control

Lainez

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas, F-150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not sure about the switch but it would be nice if it did support fog lights.

Rigid makes a nice setup for the Raptor. I emailed them and they will have a solution for the Bronco this summer. The Raptor setup has 3 lights per side

F143828918.jpg
This is what I want! One SAE fog amber, one drive SAE, one flood off road.
For the back a yellow follow light

Last edited:

LiquidIQ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, Impreza Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is a picture of the actual headlight switch from a Badlands without the fog lights. On the Broncos that do have fogs, the center of the dial has a small light symbol and pushes in to turn them on. Can see the difference in the second comparison pic. Also a chart of the positions.

Appears as though the dash dimmer is the + and _ buttons to the right of the dial.

Wonder if the foglamp-capable switch can be added to the BL...

OP
OP
Virtual-Chris

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wonder if the foglamp-capable switch can be added to the BL...
There‘s probably more to it than that. There’s probably a programmable lighting module that would need to be coded as well as the wiring harness from the switch to the module and the module to the bumper.

Bottom line, is it will be way easier to just use the overhead aux switches.

Sponsored

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

What determines if the fogs are included on the BL? Is it part of a specific package? I don’t recall and can’t find the answer. TIA

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are a number of threads discussing aftermarket lighting options for the HD bumper - though the OP's question about the factory switch isn't addressed in them. I agree that using an Aux switch will be much easier than trying to swap out the factory lighting controls, modules, and adding another wiring harness.

In addition to Baja Designs, it seems likely Rigid will be offering some sort of lighting kit for the Bronco. They already have kits that include fogs, driving lights, and spots for the Raptor, and we know they are supporting the Bronco. I'd expect Diode Dynamics to be offering something as well (really just needs a bracket to mount lights to the HD bumper).

I also know that both Offroad Alliance and Specialty Performance Parts are actively developing lighting kits for the Bronco. Personally, I'm more excited for these, as they tend to offer a bit more flexibility with the kinds of light patterns you want. Plus they actually responded when I emailed them and asked.

Raptortothis

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Adding Fog Lights to Badlands (Modular Bumper) 652CED92-CD14-4134-8CD3-A2964AB09449

Ford Bronco Adding Fog Lights to Badlands (Modular Bumper) 6A4B9455-5790-4AB1-BBE6-0BF9B8CBFC05
Ford Bronco Adding Fog Lights to Badlands (Modular Bumper) 069C2D6A-BD74-4D28-A021-891FA6913E97
From the looks and shape of the modular bumper the BD kit should work much like the Raptor kit, only a little smaller overall. And the aux switches are very likely to be the same. Learned a lot doing this project. This is my setup with an additional 10in BD ON MY 2018 and excited to reuse with new brackets on my new Bronco. I am thinking, only one of the Squadron Pro cubes and the smaller one will fit Bronco. Use the other squadron Pro spot cube up by the mirrors since they so kindly provided a space just for that!
Sponsored