Sponsored

Adding Fog Lights to Badlands (Modular Bumper)

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

yup that's very cool
Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know those integrated kits look really good, but I'm going to go old school with the round fog lights. Just saw the BL bronco racing in Mexico right now has lights right where i want to mount mine on the modular bumper. Looks like some brackets are attached to the stock bumper bolts and the lights are attached to that. Hopefully someone makes a bracket just like it for sale.
20210427_115357.jpg
This is what I was thinking as well. I'll probably go with amber, maybe even one of the street legal lights. I was wondering how it would look and I really like it! Thanks!

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know those integrated kits look really good, but I'm going to go old school with the round fog lights.
I think that's the move, especially if the integrated kits are going to be $1K+ that's pretty spendy!

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is what I was thinking as well. I'll probably go with amber, maybe even one of the street legal lights. I was wondering how it would look and I really like it! Thanks!
Yep, I'm going to go with the BD SAE amber fog lights in that location. Can't wait. Someone has to come up with this bracket for retail sale (im hoping)

Sponsored

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yep, I'm going to go with the BD SAE amber fog lights in that location. Can't wait. Someone has to come up with this bracket for retail sale (im hoping)
Keep us posted, I'll likely to the same. I'd actually do the light bar in the pic you posted too, between that and the fogs I'd be pretty much done with external lighting needs.

Kayci77

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So does this mean that these are not street legal? I realize it will vary from one jurisdiction to the next but I love the look and would like to use them as fog lights (if that is even possible).

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So does this mean that these are not street legal? I realize it will vary from one jurisdiction to the next but I love the look and would like to use them as fog lights (if that is even possible).
The ones they used would not be street legal. As far as i know, there are only a few fog pattern lights that are SAE street legal.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most LED lights are NOT legal to use on the street. You need a specific light pattern that does not blind other drivers to use on-road.
These are the Baja Designs legal fogs for on-road use. I've seen similar from other companies, usually have an SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) stamp.
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Squadron-SAE.asp

Edit: Most aftermarket LED lights marketed to the off-road crowd, AKA members of this forum.

Last edited:

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most LED lights are NOT legal to use on the street.
So if LED lights are Outlawed only Outlaws will have LED lights. Then there are a bunch of LED outlaws driving around with Outlawed LEDs

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So if LED lights are Outlawed only Outlaws will have LED lights. Then there are a bunch of LED outlaws driving around with Outlawed LEDs
They are not outlawed. You just can't use them on-road. You can have as many as you want wired up to your Wildtrak mall-crawler. Just don't turn them on on the highway and the cops shouldn't bug you.

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They are not outlawed. You just can't use them on-road. You can have as many as you want wired up to your Wildtrak mall-crawler. Just don't turn them on on the highway and the cops shouldn't bug you.
There are probably more fun ways of getting their attention. If it’s to be a mall runner you must have lots of them, jack it up high, giant wheels, thin tires,(spinners), giant radio antenna, sports teams stickers, stick figure family, and don’t forget froffy coffee brand cups falling out.
Sponsored