First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Escape, 2000 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
IMO, there’s nothing that that can make an I4 or V6 sound pleasing while making it louder. Nothing. I grew up around small- block Chevys and nothing sounded like music to my ears like a 327 with headers. Pure joy. I had a V6 Challenger peel away from beside of me last week and sounded like total shit. I‘ve heard better tones from fart cans slapped on the back of a 1990 Mitsubish.
Sponsored

Outer Banks
First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

IMO, there’s nothing that that can make an I4 or V6 sound pleasing while making it louder. Nothing. I grew up around small- block Chevys and nothing sounded like music to my ears like a 327 with headers. Pure joy. I had a V6 Challenger peel away from beside of me last week and sounded like total shit. I‘ve heard better tones from fart cans slapped on the back of a 1990 Mitsubish.
Back in the day we used to split the exhaust manifold on Chevy in line sixes and put on 2 glass packs and they sounded really good.

Slick85

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is there any way to just get dual tips without changing the muffler? No point in upgrading the entire exhaust if it doesn't have the potential to sound good but dual tips look great.

Wallyworld Ranger 269

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Charger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So to prove I’m not too much of a noob, I’ve looked for “older” threads involving exhaust but don’t really see any vid/sound clips of systems that have been on for a while. Everyone seems to post vids about the change they did yesterday/last week. Now I’m not new to the subject of exhausts (1st thing I did w/my ‘07 5.7 charger was put on a corsa and then put borla on my ‘14 charger several years ago, gotta say the corsa had no drone what so ever). One thing I’ve noticed on both is as the exhaust “matured” it sounded deeper and richer. Now I hold no ridiculous notions that a 2.7 will sound like my 5.7. What I’m looking for is anyone with an older system to give opinions/video about sound (drone/no drone), build quality ..etc. Info on body 2or4 dr, 2.3 or 2.7 and exhaust manufacturer/ trim level and how long ago the system was installed would help.

hokie94

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Non SAS OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you for this info. I've looked long & hard at AWE, but it's a bit more than I'd like to spend. Ended up going with the aFe Vulcan axle-back for less than half the cost of the AWE Cat-Back.
How do you like the afe Vulcan ?

OP
OP
BWepps

BWepps

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How do you like the afe Vulcan ?
I didn't care for it. Also realized nothing is actually going to make a 2.3L Turbo 4 Cylinder sound "throaty."
Sponsored