W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Does anyone have any feedback about the OEM roof rails? Would love to hear what you have to say.

TIW
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s “just okay”.

I ordered it because I expected to receive my Bronco in 2021, and I knew at that time aftermarket options would be limited. If I was ordering a Bronco today I would not have ordered it and I would have gone with aftermarket options such as TrailRax.

The fundamental problem is the 4-door version of the rack doesn’t span the complete length of the vehicle. So you’re losing a good 2 feet or so of space that could be used to mount something on the roof. (In addition, it kind of looks goofy.) Luckily the 2-door version doesn’t have that issue.

That said, it’s a solid rack for its price, especially if you order it from the factory. If you are someone who only occasionally needs a rack for weekend fun I think it’s a real good buy. But if you are a overlander or someone who needs to maximize their cargo carrying abilities, you’d be better served with an aftermarket rack.

djwils17

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr Badlands, Mercury Mariner, Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would agree with RagnarKon it works for me for my long Yakima sky box no issues. I know you can buy a third cross bar through accessories if needed.

OP
OP
sniffHound

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Would you snap a pic?
I would agree with RagnarKon it works for me for my long Yakima sky box no issues. I know you can buy a third cross bar through accessories if needed.

tomdaniel

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm debating whether or not to put a roof top tent on the OEM roof rack. I vastly prefer the look. But the weight capacity rating Ford gives it leaves much to be desired.

Sponsored

GoobertownDaddy

Base
First Name
Murphy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2004 JEEP WRANGLER, 2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does anyone have any feedback about the OEM roof rails? Would love to hear what you have to say.

TIW
Like I just said on another thread when they converted our OBX to a 2022 they left off the roof rack but looking back it was a blessing. We like to take the top off a lot and that would have been a pain in the butt to be taking them on and off all the time. However if we were ones to go camping and things of that nature I think they would be great. The look really good too.

OP
OP
sniffHound

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Please beat Mississippi State this weekend.

Like I just said on another thread when they converted our OBX to a 2022 they left off the roof rack but looking back it was a blessing. We like to take the top off a lot and that would have been a pain in the butt to be taking them on and off all the time. However if we were ones to go camping and things of that nature I think they would be great. The look really good too.
Sponsored