First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you but I think at this point I'll be pushing forward producing it myself unless a manufacturer reaches out to me. When the prototype arrives and I can verify it fits perfectly I will open the preorder.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JoshFisk3

JoshFisk3

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
I could also open a preorder/batch for the crossbar mount if enough people are interested. Would be a similar deal with 25 pairs. The crossbar mount is complete and have verified the cnc version fits perfectly.

OP
OP
JoshFisk3

JoshFisk3

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just made the preorder for the crossbar mount live incase someone wants those as well. To be clear I'll be holding off ordering until the preorder fills.

mykoljay

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wait i didnt already miss the pre-order, did I?
Shows out of stock.
nevermind, I see crossbar is available, not the side. Will wait for those. Thx!!

OP
OP
JoshFisk3

JoshFisk3

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Final prototype came in today and fits very well over the side rail. Finish is consistent all over and threads are not affected by the anodizing. I'm happy with it and as of this post I have opened up the preorder. Slight change to the preorder is I've changed it to be a preorder of 50 individual side rail mounts instead of 25 pairs. Each will include the M3 hardware to secure it to the rail, an M3 allen key, and three 1" hex head bolts.

There is a slight increase in wind noise to be expected, however it isn't very much more relative to how much wind noise there already is. I would recommend installing the bolts even if nothing is mounted to limit any potential whistling sounds.

Please note that I do not plan on ordering until the preorder is filled I want to be as clear as I can be on this to not set the expectation it is going to be shipped next day. I know this seems weird but it's just myself offering these and I'm trying to avoid being stuck having 50 side rails mounted to my personal Bronco. Once the 50 preorders fill I will place the order with the manufacturer and will have a more solid timeline on shipping things out. If there are any questions please let me know and I'll try my best to answer.

For all the support you have all given me on getting this mount made and as an incentive to share the mount to help fill the preorder, the code "Bronco6g" can be used at checkout for 5% off.

Here is the link to the side rail preorder on my site: https://www.joshuafisk.com/product-page/jf-bronco-roof-rack-side-rail-mount

Ford Bronco OEM Roof Rack Mount IMG_7124.JPG
Ford Bronco OEM Roof Rack Mount IMG_7123.JPG
Ford Bronco OEM Roof Rack Mount IMG_7122.JPG
Ford Bronco OEM Roof Rack Mount IMG_7121.JPG
Ford Bronco OEM Roof Rack Mount IMG_7120.JPG

Sponsored

mykoljay

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ordered 2! Look forward to figuring out how to mount snowboard on this at an angle.

Mudlight

Base
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Final prototype came in today and fits very well over the side rail. Finish is consistent all over and threads are not affected by the anodizing. I'm happy with it and as of this post I have opened up the preorder. Slight change to the preorder is I've changed it to be a preorder of 50 individual side rail mounts instead of 25 pairs. Each will include the M3 hardware to secure it to the rail, an M3 allen key, and three 1" hex head bolts.

There is a slight increase in wind noise to be expected, however it isn't very much more relative to how much wind noise there already is. I would recommend installing the bolts even if nothing is mounted to limit any potential whistling sounds.

Please note that I do not plan on ordering until the preorder is filled I want to be as clear as I can be on this to not set the expectation it is going to be shipped next day. I know this seems weird but it's just myself offering these and I'm trying to avoid being stuck having 50 side rails mounted to my personal Bronco. Once the 50 preorders fill I will place the order with the manufacturer and will have a more solid timeline on shipping things out. If there are any questions please let me know and I'll try my best to answer.

For all the support you have all given me on getting this mount made and as an incentive to share the mount to help fill the preorder, the code "Bronco6g" can be used at checkout for 5% off.

Here is the link to the side rail preorder on my site: https://www.joshuafisk.com/product-page/jf-bronco-roof-rack-side-rail-mount

How high do these stick up past the roof rails? I am fighting clearance issues with my garage entrance.

OP
OP
JoshFisk3

JoshFisk3

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
How high do these stick up past the roof rails? I am fighting clearance issues with my garage entrance.
With a hexhead bolt it's going to stick up 1" 1/2 above the siderail.

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are there example use cases that could be shared? Or products that could be used with these?

This might get more people interested by seeing the possibilities...

OP
OP
JoshFisk3

JoshFisk3

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are there example use cases that could be shared? Or products that could be used with these?

This might get more people interested by seeing the possibilities...
For me personally I will use both side rail and crossbar mounts to mount high gain directional antenna. But anything from lights, hooks, jacks, awnings, or really anything that will bolt to it. I've also been toying around with a starlink dish adapter but no real progress to show on that as of now.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JoshFisk3

JoshFisk3

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Unfortunately, looks like there is no way to get to the preorder numbers after a few weeks being live. If you have placed an order thank you for the support but your order has already been refunded. If you'd still like to purchase a mount you can still do so through a sharing feature on PCBway, which is how I was able to get the machined versions. Following the links below you can order whichever mount you want, in any material/color. For reference the side rail mount is bead blasted, 6061 aluminum with a clear anodizing. PCBway has various qualities of different metals to choose from. All you need to do is follow the links and add to cart and select the materials and quantities you are looking for. Also since this is just the CNC service you'll need to purchase the M3 hardware elsewhere but I do have links to those in the posts on PCBway. If you do end up getting one it would be cool to see what materials and color combinations you chose. I personally may order a gold side rail mount at some point in the future.

Siderail Link:
https://www.pcbway.com/project/shareproject/Ford_Bronco_OEM_Roof_Rack_Siderail_Mount_ca2b5ae3.html

Crossbar Link:
https://www.pcbway.com/project/shareproject/Bronco_Crossbar_Mount_db867eb6.html

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Unfortunately, looks like there is no way to get to the preorder numbers after a few weeks being live. If you have placed an order thank you for the support but your order has already been refunded. If you'd still like to purchase a mount you can still do so through a sharing feature on PCBway, which is how I was able to get the machined versions. Following the links below you can order whichever mount you want, in any material/color. For reference the side rail mount is bead blasted, 6061 aluminum with a clear anodizing. PCBway has various qualities of different metals to choose from. All you need to do is follow the links and add to cart and select the materials and quantities you are looking for. Also since this is just the CNC service you'll need to purchase the M3 hardware elsewhere but I do have links to those in the posts on PCBway. If you do end up getting one it would be cool to see what materials and color combinations you chose. I personally may order a gold side rail mount at some point in the future.

Siderail Link:
https://www.pcbway.com/project/shareproject/Ford_Bronco_OEM_Roof_Rack_Siderail_Mount_ca2b5ae3.html

Crossbar Link:
https://www.pcbway.com/project/shareproject/Bronco_Crossbar_Mount_db867eb6.html
I'm a bit lost using that site. Never ordered anything from them before.

Sad to see this didn't pick up steam... Did you post on Facebook as well?

OP
OP
JoshFisk3

JoshFisk3

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just took a look at the PCBway site and thank you to whoever donated but that is seriously not necessary and I didn't even realize it was an option. I thought I'd go over the process of ordering from their site. Here is a link to a video of my showing the order process . I am not affiliated in any way with PCBway so I'm not shilling this is just the exact method I used to get the cnc prototypes. Instead of trying to sell these on my own I thought this would be a good route. It will likely be more expensive the the instant price as someone needs to manually look over and approved/adjust the price to manufacture the piece. After it is approved you can pay it will be made with whatever finishing/material options you select.

On another note, I have been working on replicating the hood tie downs to make them out of solid aluminum. I've got the mounting holes lined up, and now I'm working on adding in accessory mounting options. I would imagine this will be quite a bit more expensive to have machined but would probably look really sweet on the hood. If I end up ordering some for myself I will be sure to add them on PCBway as well.

Ford Bronco OEM Roof Rack Mount unnamed (5)
Sponsored

Last edited: