Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey Gang,

I just realized that my third brake light is not working on my 2 Month old Wildtrak. Not sure if it worked from the factory since you never really look at it. All other brake lights work and I have check the connection at both the tailgate and the light itself. Hard to get a meter in there but it seems like there is a small amount of voltage running through the wire but honestly it sure. Before I cut this wire and check voltage I thought I would check fuses. Low and behold there isn’t a fuse labeled to control this light and I haven’t identified anything else that is not working.

Has anyone had any trouble with the third brake light not working?

I’m not sure they sell the third brake light alone and the dealer will probably give me a hard time since I swapped my tailgate hinges to the IAG Reinforcement.
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey Gang,

I just realized that my third brake light is not working on my 2 Month old Wildtrak. Not sure if it worked from the factory since you never really look at it. All other brake lights work and I have check the connection at both the tailgate and the light itself. Hard to get a meter in there but it seems like there is a small amount of voltage running through the wire but honestly it sure. Before I cut this wire and check voltage I thought I would check fuses. Low and behold there isn’t a fuse labeled to control this light and I haven’t identified anything else that is not working.

Has anyone had any trouble with the third brake light not working?

I’m not sure they sell the third brake light alone and the dealer will probably give me a hard time since I swapped my tailgate hinges to the IAG Reinforcement.
I wouldn’t go cutting wires. Just disconnect the furthest connector back and probe the connector.

Are the parking lights for the 3rd brake light not working also? Or only the brake lights themselves? They are on 2 different circuits. Both are control by FETs in the BCM, so no fuses like you found out.

OP
OP
derichio02

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I wouldn’t go cutting wires. Just disconnect the furthest connector back and probe the connector.

Are the parking lights for the 3rd brake light not working also? Or only the brake lights themselves? They are on 2 different circuits. Both are control by FETs in the BCM, so no fuses like you found out.
Parking lights on the 3rd brake light aren’t working either. Problem is my meter probes are too large to fit in the female connector. I guess I could strip some wire and shove it in the connector and test those. How much voltage should be coming through?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Parking lights on the 3rd brake light aren’t working either. Problem is my meter probes are too large to fit in the female connector. I guess I could strip some wire and shove it in the connector and test those. How much voltage should be coming through?
Battery voltage with the lights on for the parking lights and same for the brake lights with them applied.

If both the parking lights and brake lights aren’t working at the 3rd brake light, it’s more than likely a connection issue or a ground issue. It would be rare to have 2 different power circuits down unless it was a faulty BCM.

Parking light circuit is a blue/grey wire
Stop light circuit is a yellow/grey wire
Ground is black/green

OP
OP
derichio02

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Battery voltage with the lights on for the parking lights and same for the brake lights with them applied.

If both the parking lights and brake lights aren’t working at the 3rd brake light, it’s more than likely a connection issue or a ground issue. It would be rare to have 2 different power circuits down unless it was a faulty BCM.

Parking light circuit is a blue/grey wire
Stop light circuit is a yellow/grey wire
Ground is black/green
Will double check later today but I was pretty sure there were only 2 wires both at the light and in the tailgate. Will use some extra wire to get into the connector.

I do have an extra Raptor 3rd Brake light. Do you know if the connectors are the same? I could use this to test

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Will double check later today but I was pretty sure there were only 2 wires both at the light and in the tailgate. Will use some extra wire to get into the connector.

I do have an extra Raptor 3rd Brake light. Do you know if the connectors are the same? I could use this to test
Are you working on a regular Bronco or a Raptor? I assumed we were talking about a Raptor because of your profile picture.

Raptor uses a different light/connector and the wiring is different from all other Broncos.

Edit: Nevermind, I can’t read lol I just saw Wildtrak

That makes this easier as a regular Bronco doesn’t have parking lights in the 3rd brake light assembly.
So you’re right, only 2 circuits. Same colors that I posted, just ignore the parking circuit one.
Sponsored

Last edited: