Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi all,

Dome lights and cargo area light do not light up. Neither by manually hitting the button or by opening the doors. The button that is supposed to control the the lights going on and off when the door opens is also not illuminated (not sure if it's supposed to be or not).

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If I remember correctly there is a brightness setting in your vehicle settings menu. This happened to me and it was turned all the way down

OP
OP
Carbon6G

Carbon6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was not able to find such a setting in the menu, manual, or online. Only a setting for ambient lighting.

OP
OP
Carbon6G

Carbon6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks, but I can't find a fuse to check in the manual or online. and have read here that the BCM controls interior lighting which has 5 fuses, none of which directly correlate to the dome light, etc.

Hopefully, someone has some insight.

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The dome light switch in the overhead console above or in the mirror should itself be lit. And it is shipped in the off position. Took me a year to figure out I could have interior lights . But if your switch is not back-lit then you may have a wiring harness issue.

Is this something that just happened? After fjording feet of water and?/or mud rocks branches or have you never had interior lights of any kind?

OP
OP
Carbon6G

Carbon6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The dome light switch in the overhead console above or in the mirror should itself be lit. And it is shipped in the off position. Took me a year to figure out I could have interior lights . But if your switch is not back-lit then you may have a wiring harness issue.

Is this something that just happened? After fjording feet of water and?/or mud rocks branches or have you never had interior lights of any kind?
I have about 600 miles on the vehicle, haven't touched any wiring or gone offroading, and everything else seems to work just fine. I'm pretty sure the dome lights never worked, it just took me a couple hundred miles before I noticed. I'll take a pic in a few of the buttons near the dome light area, and maybe you can confirm if it looks like something is not working correctly. Appreciate it.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi all,

Dome lights and cargo area light do not light up. Neither by manually hitting the button or by opening the doors. The button that is supposed to control the the lights going on and off when the door opens is also not illuminated (not sure if it's supposed to be or not).

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Good morning! Can you please send over a message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to look into this light issue on my end.

OP
OP
Carbon6G

Carbon6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is what I see, 3 illuminated buttons that do nothing when i hit them, and one dark button to control lights when door opens (which also seemingly does nothing for me).

Ford Bronco Interior Lights not working at all IMG_5477

Last edited:
OP
OP
Carbon6G

Carbon6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can anyone assist or confirm that its back to the dealership for me?

2nd time in 400 miles… Fans failed the first time at 65 miles.

Sponsored

the314boss

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
for anyone else looking for an answer to this question, it is the button on the right side, closest to the "passenger airbag on" indicator light.

as another poster commented, it is set to "off" from the factory (which means it will be lit). i was perplexed about this myself for the first two weeks of ownership...

OP
OP
Carbon6G

Carbon6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry but no… I wish it was that simple.

For anyone experiencing the same issue I had here, there was a short in one of the sensors that tells the system the doors are open or closed. They replaced the entire control module first, that wasn’t it. They found the short and replaced the trunk door sensor. Good to go now 😎

betzgb

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am having a slightly different issue. If I press the individual map lights they turn on. However when I open the door the lights do not come on. They used to come on but at some point stopped working with the door ajar. The button near the right side, closest to the "passenger airbag on" indicator light makes no difference whether pressed and glowing orange or not pressed (dark). Any guesses on what it could be? I am still under warranty but avoiding my dealer because they keep it for 2-3 weeks each time without a loaner available.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am having a slightly different issue. If I press the individual map lights they turn on. However when I open the door the lights do not come on. They used to come on but at some point stopped working with the door ajar. The button near the right side, closest to the "passenger airbag on" indicator light makes no difference whether pressed and glowing orange or not pressed (dark). Any guesses on what it could be? I am still under warranty but avoiding my dealer because they keep it for 2-3 weeks each time without a loaner available.
Have you messed with Forscan? There's a Dark Mode that may have accidentally been enabled??? Just a thought...

betzgb

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, feel kinda silly but the issue was my battery was weak so the car was shutting down all systems when the ignition was off including the dome lights. I figured it out because when the car was running and you open or close the door the dome light behaved as expected. When the ignition was off, total darkness when opening the door. New battery and everything is working as normal again. Just thought I would post the outcome incase others run into the same.
Sponsored