Bronkolohe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 1929 Ford Model As - sedan & roadster
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey all - first time posting here, now that I have something to post about. I attended the Off Roadeo event here in Texas - on day 2 of the event starting this week. I live in South Austin, so it was an easy and scenic drive out there - just under an hour on hwy 71.

I'm getting a Basequatch, 2 door in carbonized grey with the 2.7L - I was lucky to find an example of this exact same build out at the event, although it was not the one I was driving - I had a chance to crawl all over it and get inside and take lots of photos. It was one of the few that actually had a hard top on it. Lots of soft tops out there as you can imagine. For both days I was driving a 2 door Badlands with Sasquatch - so it was pretty close to get a feel for it (other than the big screen & cameras and upgraded interior, which aren't a priority for me)

At home I have 2 flathead powered Model A Fords (a sedan and a roadster) and a 51 Mercury - So I'm a Ford guy and I dig the old stuff. The Bronco definitely hit that sweet spot for me of being a new car that has the 60s heritage styling on it. I think Ford really nailed it on this one. I've done lots of kinds of driving and drag racing, but this is my first time doing any off road wheeling and man, it was a BLAST. The Off Roadeo event is great - the ranch that they set it up at is huge and beautiful out here in the Hill Country, instructors were really good and knowledgeable and they led us to do some challenging stuff out there. They wanted you to really push it and give things a go, they weren't being nervous of hesitant. They clearly invested a lot in making this a really fun and good looking experience. They built the Base Camp building and cut in all the trails out there in just 6 months which is impressive.

So great to be surrounded by all the Broncos out there and see em all lined up and getting driven. They look so killer on the move and the trail. Nice to be able to compare all the models and especially get to drive em. Design is so good and fit & finish really shows when you open and close doors, hit switches, etc - all those little things you want to feel solid when you touch them. Can't believe how capable they are out on the trails - especially on the 2 door with a shorter wheelbase - going up and over big obstacles with the Sasquatch suspension and all that tall rubber just ate up everything in front of it. The hairpin turns are so tight with that trail assist. It definitely whet my appetite for more.

Day 1 you do a lot of learning the basics and going over some of the tech and modes in the Broncos and some driving - then Day 2 you do a lot more challenging course with rocks and rivers and big rock climbing - and end the day with opening it up in a big dirt and mud track with lots of sliding turns. Its a great mixture of terrain.

So I'll post a bunch of photos I took out there and a few videos - if anyone has any questions lemme know.

Starting off with in and around base camp. So. Many. Broncos.... (they won't miss that one carb grey Basequatch, right?)

Ford Bronco Off Roadeo Texas Report! lots of photos... IMG_4551

Ford Bronco Off Roadeo Texas Report! lots of photos... IMG_4433

Ford Bronco Off Roadeo Texas Report! lots of photos... IMG_4376

Ford Bronco Off Roadeo Texas Report! lots of photos... IMG_4373

Ford Bronco Off Roadeo Texas Report! lots of photos... IMG_4382

Ford Bronco Off Roadeo Texas Report! lots of photos... IMG_4379

Ford Bronco Off Roadeo Texas Report! lots of photos... IMG_4403

Ford Bronco Off Roadeo Texas Report! lots of photos... IMG_4415
Ford Bronco Off Roadeo Texas Report! lots of photos... IMG_4424

Ford Bronco Off Roadeo Texas Report! lots of photos... IMG_4421

Ford Bronco Off Roadeo Texas Report! lots of photos... IMG_4452

Ford Bronco Off Roadeo Texas Report! lots of photos... IMG_4425
Ford Bronco Off Roadeo Texas Report! lots of photos... IMG_4410

Ford Bronco Off Roadeo Texas Report! lots of photos... IMG_4383

Ford Bronco Off Roadeo Texas Report! lots of photos... IMG_4434
Ford Bronco Off Roadeo Texas Report! lots of photos... IMG_4453

Ford Bronco Off Roadeo Texas Report! lots of photos... IMG_4464

Ford Bronco Off Roadeo Texas Report! lots of photos... IMG_4466

Ford Bronco Off Roadeo Texas Report! lots of photos... IMG_4470

Ford Bronco Off Roadeo Texas Report! lots of photos... IMG_4472

Ford Bronco Off Roadeo Texas Report! lots of photos... IMG_4473

Ford Bronco Off Roadeo Texas Report! lots of photos... IMG_4418

Ford Bronco Off Roadeo Texas Report! lots of photos... IMG_4413
Ford Bronco Off Roadeo Texas Report! lots of photos... IMG_4422
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bronkolohe

Bronkolohe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I absolutely love this. That picture the 2 Door cargo area. So much room for activities!! 🐐🐴🤘🏻🤠
Yes! I was really curious about how much room it had back there in the 2 door with the seats down since I'm planning on giving up my truck once I get the Bronco - its a decent amount of space back there - my hat for scale comparison (I did not have a pineapple)

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes! I was really curious about how much room it had back there in the 2 door with the seats down since I'm planning on giving up my truck once I get the Bronco - its a decent amount of space back there - my hat for scale comparison (I did not have a pineapple)
I’m so freaking excited!! 🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻
I really think my sleeping area will be the biggest I’ve ever had in this 2D I got coming.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronkolohe

Bronkolohe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Climbing up "The Notch" - the most technical obstacle we tackled out there - very steep, lots off rock crawling and angles - sway bar disconnected and front & rear diffs locked

OP
OP
Bronkolohe

Bronkolohe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The last in line of our party ended up sliding a bit precariously going up the notch, but it was a good opportunity to check out some good low angles under the Bronco - and the guides had to perform a rescue - climbing back up the backside, which they had not tried before. It required stacking some rocks and bringing out the traction board to get back up and tow him back up.

Ford Bronco Off Roadeo Texas Report! lots of photos... IMG_4510

Ford Bronco Off Roadeo Texas Report! lots of photos... IMG_4512

Ford Bronco Off Roadeo Texas Report! lots of photos... IMG_4513

Ford Bronco Off Roadeo Texas Report! lots of photos... IMG_4514

Ford Bronco Off Roadeo Texas Report! lots of photos... IMG_4517

Ford Bronco Off Roadeo Texas Report! lots of photos... IMG_4519

TonyWonder

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nice to have someone who know his way around taking a picture. These are some of the best photos we've had on this site!

Sponsored

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I absolutely love this. That picture the 2 Door cargo area. So much room for activities!! 🐐🐴🤘🏻🤠
So, if I am reading your post right, you plan to have a goat and a horse in the back, which you intend to give the chalker, all while wearing a cowboy hat while you smile…think I got that right…I mean at first I thought you were celebrating the goat modes for the Bronco, with the Texas spirit of a cowgirl, then I came to my senses.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any MTs at the rodeo?