MDPensfan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great post and pics! I know I’d never use it for its intended purpose, but the Sasquatch trim looks badass. That A51 has me excited to get mine. A51 plus Sasquatch do make the pants a little tight, not gonna lie.
Sponsored

bigdaddytommy

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Excellent photos! I can’t wait to attend. Did you receive the $250 voucher? If so, what merchandise is there to spend it on?

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The last in line of our party ended up sliding a bit precariously going up the notch, but it was a good opportunity to check out some good low angles under the Bronco - and the guides had to perform a rescue - climbing back up the backside, which they had not tried before. It required stacking some rocks and bringing out the traction board to get back up and tow him back up.

IMG_4510.jpg

IMG_4512.jpg

IMG_4513.jpg

IMG_4514.jpg

IMG_4517.jpg

IMG_4519.jpg

We heard on Wednesday afternoon that someone got off track that morning and it took 2 hours to get them out….

OP
OP
Bronkolohe

Bronkolohe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 1929 Ford Model As - sedan & roadster
Your Bronco Model
Base
What's your favorite color btw?

I ordered the Carb Gray but OW, VB, and Cactus is really growing on me.

BTW, great job on the photos. Taking the time to take good photos were hard when I saw them in person, it was like I blacked out and just wanna live in the moment.
Thanks so much! I am a graphic designer and illustrator by trade - and I'm always sneaking around taking pictures

My fave is what I ordered - same as you, Carbonized Grey - there was only one out there and it was the exact same build as my order - 2 door Basequatch, 2.7L - also one of the only ones that had a hard top. It looked fantastic in person - wrap it up, I'll take it!

Ford Bronco Off Roadeo Texas Report! lots of photos... IMG_4542

Sponsored

Jtru42

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ctsv
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey all - first time posting here, now that I have something to post about. I attended the Off Roadeo event here in Texas - on day 2 of the event starting this week. I live in South Austin, so it was an easy and scenic drive out there - just under an hour on hwy 71.

I'm getting a Basequatch, 2 door in carbonized grey with the 2.7L - I was lucky to find an example of this exact same build out at the event, although it was not the one I was driving - I had a chance to crawl all over it and get inside and take lots of photos. It was one of the few that actually had a hard top on it. Lots of soft tops out there as you can imagine. For both days I was driving a 2 door Badlands with Sasquatch - so it was pretty close to get a feel for it (other than the big screen & cameras and upgraded interior, which aren't a priority for me)

At home I have 2 flathead powered Model A Fords (a sedan and a roadster) and a 51 Mercury - So I'm a Ford guy and I dig the old stuff. The Bronco definitely hit that sweet spot for me of being a new car that has the 60s heritage styling on it. I think Ford really nailed it on this one. I've done lots of kinds of driving and drag racing, but this is my first time doing any off road wheeling and man, it was a BLAST. The Off Roadeo event is great - the ranch that they set it up at is huge and beautiful out here in the Hill Country, instructors were really good and knowledgeable and they led us to do some challenging stuff out there. They wanted you to really push it and give things a go, they weren't being nervous of hesitant. They clearly invested a lot in making this a really fun and good looking experience. They built the Base Camp building and cut in all the trails out there in just 6 months which is impressive.

So great to be surrounded by all the Broncos out there and see em all lined up and getting driven. They look so killer on the move and the trail. Nice to be able to compare all the models and especially get to drive em. Design is so good and fit & finish really shows when you open and close doors, hit switches, etc - all those little things you want to feel solid when you touch them. Can't believe how capable they are out on the trails - especially on the 2 door with a shorter wheelbase - going up and over big obstacles with the Sasquatch suspension and all that tall rubber just ate up everything in front of it. The hairpin turns are so tight with that trail assist. It definitely whet my appetite for more.

Day 1 you do a lot of learning the basics and going over some of the tech and modes in the Broncos and some driving - then Day 2 you do a lot more challenging course with rocks and rivers and big rock climbing - and end the day with opening it up in a big dirt and mud track with lots of sliding turns. Its a great mixture of terrain.

So I'll post a bunch of photos I took out there and a few videos - if anyone has any questions lemme know.

Starting off with in and around base camp. So. Many. Broncos.... (they won't miss that one carb grey Basequatch, right?)

IMG_4551.jpg

IMG_4433.jpg

IMG_4376.jpg

IMG_4373.jpg

IMG_4382.jpg

IMG_4379.jpg

IMG_4403.jpg

IMG_4415.jpg
IMG_4424.jpg

IMG_4421.jpg

IMG_4452.jpg

IMG_4425.jpg
IMG_4410.jpg

IMG_4383.jpg

IMG_4434.jpg
IMG_4453.jpg

IMG_4464.jpg

IMG_4466.jpg

IMG_4470.jpg

IMG_4472.jpg

IMG_4473.jpg

IMG_4418.jpg

IMG_4413.jpg
IMG_4422.jpg
Yes - I agree, that was my second fave color. Too bad they only offer it in the upper trim levels.

In pictures it has more of a green cast to it, but in person in full sun it looked more like a dove grey - the antimatter blue also looks really different in person than pictures

so why can’t I get a 2 door with a soft top?

Elonmsk

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, F430, Viper GTS ACR, E60 M5, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any MTs at the rodeo?
I was in the same group and requested the MT. It was fantastic, but a much different driving experience than previous MTs I’ve driven in the past. Specifically, clutch engagement with the crawl gear took a minute to figure out. Overall, Two thumbs up. And I agree, these pictures are excellent.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was in the same group and requested the MT. It was fantastic, but a much different driving experience than previous MTs I’ve driven in the past. Specifically, clutch engagement with the crawl gear took a minute to figure out. Overall, Two thumbs up. And I agree, these pictures are excellent.
Thank you for sharing. I'm very excited to have a new car and a manual transmission again. I've spent the last 3 years driving underpowered automatics, and the experience couldn't be any more disappointing. I heard engaging the crawler is the same as putting it in reverse (lifting the ring). Did all that low geared torque want to jerk the truck or spin the tire when you disengaged the clutch?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
AMB OBX sas for the win

F2CD00A6-0F22-44D1-AC02-8BC32B4F667B.png

T2Canuck

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17BMW330i, 70Porsche911, 22BroncoBadlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for sharing. I'm very excited to have a new car and a manual transmission again. I've spent the last 3 years driving underpowered automatics, and the experience couldn't be any more disappointing. I heard engaging the crawler is the same as putting it in reverse (lifting the ring). Did all that low geared torque want to jerk the truck or spin the tire when you disengaged the clutch?
I was part of this same group as well. It truly was an amazing experience that vastly exceeded expectations(and my expectations were high)!
Brian - well done! The photos are fantastic and your write-up was spot-on.
I drove the MT BL up and down the Notch. Yes, it did take a little time to adjust as the crawler gearing can be jumpy. Your right foot needs to be very gentle and steady. Idle will launch you upon clutch release. With the sway bar disconnected and both front and rear diffs locked, this bad-ass bronco ate up the highly technical climb and descent. that said, you need a steady right foot. You don’t have Trail Control or Trail One-Pedal Dive to help you either as those are only available in the 10-speed auto. As for the 2.3L, no power or torque issues at all.
hats-off to Jon and Anthony, our expert guides. Witnessing them perform a very difficult recovery was a top shelf learning experience. The delay did cost our group the finale high speed drive, but I think that was a worthwhile trade off, albeit unintended.
I thought that attending the Off Roadeo would help dampen my impatience in waiting for my 4d BL to be built and delivered, but it has simply made me that much more excited to take delivery. I’ve had several 4x4’s in my past, but nothing even close to the capabilities of the Bronco. Well done Ford. You have knocked it out of the park!

Sponsored

LFCBronc20

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took my 18 year old son with me on Friday and Saturday prior to his ship date for the Marines later this month. We had an absolute blast.....This was a first class deal....great people from Bronco Off Rodeo and facility was fantastic too.

This "class" confirmed why I wanted to buy the 6th generation.....Day 1 we picked a two door Badlands in Race Red by default as everyone else had grabbed a Wildtrack before I could get to one. Let me just saw I'm glad I got "stuck" with that it. The sway bar disconnect sold me in a hurry, and the two door felt so nimble rock crawling over everything we came across. I could post a bunch of pics but don't need to with what are on the thread all ready. (Side note, the trail guides were great, you do a quick run through on off-roading, the Bronco and its specs, different terrain we can encounter on the trails, etc.....they also tried to teach us off road novices about using technique versus technology. BUT, that said they helped walk through what GOAT modes, turn assist, sway bar disconnect and Front/Rear differentials.) While crawling all over the trails I made the decision to switch to a Badlands....that sway bar disconnect totally sold me. I realized I'll be doing more trails like this then using BAJA mode on the Wildtrack.....so I called my dealer right then and there to make the switch.

Day 2 we jumped in a four door Badlands in Area 51 with a soft top. The weather was great and we all either opened up the soft tops or took off a hard top section. They took us through more challenging obstacles and stopped 1/2 through to talk about trail maintenance and how to get out of stuck, what tools/equipment you should carry etc. It was awesome........

Bottom line, both the two door and four door were awesome to drive and they tackled everything that was thrown at them. I cannot wait to get my hands on my Bronco!

They did tell us there were all pre-production models so if noticed anything different that was a reason. And that when they are done with them all they are planning on scrapping them all! That was the only disappointing part of it all.....I'd rather see them go to the guides and employees that help them all.

BoostedBronco

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just FYI, if you’re in the area and want to go see all the Broncos for yourself you don’t need a reservation. They are open 7 days a week at the moment. The gate is open and you can just drive right in. I went yesterday and crawled inside about 5 different Broncos that were sitting around and went in and bought myself a cup. They will ask you to sign a waiver to be on property if you go inside the main building. Just look at Google Maps for the location; search Bronco Off Rodeo near Horseshoe Bay, TX.

1C7994D0-D245-45E8-B02B-827AE11D5810.jpeg

B0AB5D76-E6D2-464D-91F3-8195F08E4C60.jpeg

A638561C-128B-477E-9C2E-70313124C358.jpeg

broncbeau

Big Bend
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Sierra
Your Bronco Model