Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R Nine T, R1200RS, Outback, Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Wife just had Hip replacement and I was curious about her ability to get bounced around on the trail. Thoughts anyone?
Sponsored

Deano Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wife just had Hip replacement and I was curious about her ability to get bounced around on the trail. Thoughts anyone?
I don't believe it is going to be a problem at all. I think you both will be amazed at the things she will be able to do. The key is to do all the rehab and stay active. I've been in orthopedics for 30 years and it still amazes me how much people can do after they are pain free.

enro

Black Diamond
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

She will be fine. I have had a double hip replacement. First one at 38 and second one at 40 (I am 43 now). I have zero problems with off-roading. If it is a recent replacement, she may just need to get out and stretch more.

Skip2a

Black Diamond
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

She will be fine.

I had mine replaced and I was back on a horse at 7 weeks post surgery.

The only time mine bothers me is if I am driving in my Tacoma for more than two or three hours without getting out and stretching.

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Two women in my bike group had hip replacement and were back riding in 6 weeks. I am continually amazed by that. I understand riding a bike is not like getting bounced around on a trail. But it speaks to how quickly one recovers from that surgery. Best wishes for her complete recovery!

Td66

Wildtrak
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 runner, 2 Mazda 3s
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Amazing the pain women can handle compared to male counterparts. As long as she is avoiding that 90 degree bend, her pain will dictate how fast you can take the bumps. If she has completed all the PT post surgery, she will be fine. I had an 82 year old lady post-op who refused Tylenol and even danced a bit with me on discharge day (2weeks out). This does however test the comfort level of the Bronco in a new perspective. Update us on how the ride goes.
Sponsored