Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Brono Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Had the new Bronco for almost a week now and I'm loving the new ride. Few questions/irritations though:

1) Is there any sort of mods for the instrument cluster? I absolutely hate it. I feel like the arrangement could be moved around to utilize other features. Why is so much space dedicated to lane departure and a digital readout of the speed? I'd like to be able to get a readout of what artist is playing. Sometimes it seems to give up and not display what track, artist, station, whatever, is playing since it only has a few millimeters of space.

2) My carplay seems all out of whack. I'm sure this could be an iPhone setting, but plugging into another car that has carplay yields expected results. In the bronco I don't get notifications (little red dot next to the icon) and music sometimes randomly stops and then restarts.

3) 8 times out of 10 when I go to shut the car off I'm getting an alert to check the back seat. Nothing is back there. Perhaps the sensors need adjusting?

4) Disappointed with the wing mirrors. I hand washed the car today and they seem flimsy and poorly attached - if by one piece of crappy plastic.

5) The forward parking sensors only seem to activate once I've put the car in reverse to parallel park or back into a spot. If I pull up close to a car in front of me while in traffic I don't seem to get any proximity alerts.

šŸ¤™šŸ¼
Sponsored

TEXASSTEVE

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BB BRONCO, 2023 C8 CORVETTE, 2015 BENTLEY
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
HI! I'm a week in on mine as well and can only answer a couple of your issues. I have not noticed anything with the mirrors. They feel like mirrors on other cars I own. The back seat warning can be turned off in settings. I forget exactly where but I ran across it when I was running through everything tonight. My sales guy said to try to not use wireless carplay as it may cause issues and to be sure to use an apple cable for it to work best. I dont use carplay so not a big deal to me but if your using wireless then maybe that is an issue?

OP
OP

thisisliam

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Brono Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

HI! I'm a week in on mine as well and can only answer a couple of your issues. I have not noticed anything with the mirrors. They feel like mirrors on other cars I own. The back seat warning can be turned off in settings. I forget exactly where but I ran across it when I was running through everything tonight. My sales guy said to try to not use wireless carplay as it may cause issues and to be sure to use an apple cable for it to work best. I dont use carplay so not a big deal to me but if your using wireless then maybe that is an issue?
Thanks for your advice! Iā€™ve tried utilizing wired CarPlay but it either doesnā€™t work properly or asks me to unlock the device every time I use hard wired. I use the cable that came with the phone. The solution to [most] notification and issues with CarPlay seemed predominantly fixed when enabling wireless, but itā€™s still apparently not bug free. Iā€™ll have to keep messing with it. Perhaps thereā€™s an update.

TEXASSTEVE

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BB BRONCO, 2023 C8 CORVETTE, 2015 BENTLEY
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I found this on another post by chance with someone having same issue as you:

"U can try on phone to go to settings-general- car play and check that it shows your Bronco. Select your bronco and then on new page check that ā€œCar Playā€ is turned on."

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Today is one week in with my RR HE and I have no complaints with the Sync 4. That said, navigation is a little slow with Bluetooth but as I have a Garmin Tread I wont be using my iPhone for much more than around town errands. For that it works fine. Additionally, I have Alexa enabled and it works as expected.

I'm on the Apple Beta Program and I will say that my iPhone, since Ver 17 has caused all sorts of havoc with the Cue System in my Cadillac. If I plug it in or use Bluetooth, my Cue screen bounces between screens and does not respond to touch commands at all. However, if I turn off Bluetooth before I start the car or leave my phone at home for short trips to the store, Cue works perfectly.

Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Today is one week in with my RR HE and I have no complaints with the Sync 4. That said, navigation is a little slow with Bluetooth but as I have a Garmin Tread I wont be using my iPhone for much more than around town errands. For that it works fine. Additionally, I have Alexa enabled and it works as expected.

I'm on the Apple Beta Program and I will say that my iPhone, since Ver 17 has caused all sorts of havoc with the Cue System in my Cadillac. If I plug it in or use Bluetooth, my Cue screen bounces between screens and does not respond to touch commands at all. However, if I turn off Bluetooth before I start the car or leave my phone at home for short trips to the store, Cue works perfectly.
Sorry Larry I can not help you out with any of the phone to car wireless stuff... Not anything I use...

BUT!!!! I am fricken excited to see that Heritage on the street! I keep looking for it. At least having seen it at the dealer I know what I am looking for. I have not seen another Hertage in the Valley. Some other people are telling me they have, but I have not. And no one I have spoken to has seen a Red Heritage! I think you have the only one.

Happy Days!

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Sorry Larry I can not help you out with any of the phone to car wireless stuff... Not anything I use...

BUT!!!! I am fricken excited to see that Heritage on the street! I keep looking for it. At least having seen it at the dealer I know what I am looking for. I have not seen another Hertage in the Valley. Some other people are telling me they have, but I have not. And no one I have spoken to has seen a Red Heritage! I think you have the only one.

Happy Days!
There is one other RR HE as I was able to sit in it before it was delivered to another customer but I have not seen it since then. I have seen a few Sport HE's but no other full size HE's in the valley yet.

Regarding wireless, I have no issues with my iPhone in the Bronco, just in my Escalade. I have an old iPhone with OS 15 and it works fine with Cue but I'm running OS 17.4 or .5 with my current iPhone and it does not play nice with the Caddy.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

There is one other RR HE as I was able to sit in it before it was delivered to another customer but I have not seen it since then. I have seen a few Sport HE's but no other full size HE's in the valley yet.

Regarding wireless, I have no issues with my iPhone in the Bronco, just in my Escalade. I have an old iPhone with OS 15 and it works fine with Cue but I'm running OS 17.4 or .5 with my current iPhone and it does not play nice with the Caddy.
Agree, I have seen several HE Sports... And I point and wave and most do not even see me... But... So you are saying there are more than one and I just did not know it.... Well you do have a very rare one around here. A couple of people have told me they saw me riding around and I know it was not me... Maybe I just do not get out enough or drive in the right circles???? šŸ˜

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sneakers
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Had the new Bronco for almost a week now and I'm loving the new ride. Few questions/irritations though:
1. Go to the dealer and ask questions/irritations.
2. Go to the dealer and ask questions/irritations.
3. Go to the dealer and ask questions/irritations.
4. Go to the dealer and ask questions/irritations.
5. Go to the dealer and ask questions/irritations.

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Agree, I have seen several HE Sports... And I point and wave and most do not even see me... But... So you are saying there are more than one and I just did not know it.... Well you do have a very rare one around here. A couple of people have told me they saw me riding around and I know it was not me... Maybe I just do not get out enough or drive in the right circles???? šŸ˜
That's my problem, I seem to just drive in circles..................

Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

1. Go to the dealer and ask questions/irritations.
2. Go to the dealer and ask questions/irritations.
3. Go to the dealer and ask questions/irritations.
4. Go to the dealer and ask questions/irritations.
5. Go to the dealer and ask questions/irritations.
Personally I like having a clue as to the problem and am prepared to have a long discussion about possible remedies and things to check BEFORE I go the the dealer... I find that the service advisors treat me differently when it appears I have some knowledge of the subject. I often can see very visible ques as their demeaner changes when I can have an technical discussion with them.

Nickhick

Black Diamond
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 xtr, vw passat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Personally I like having a clue as to the problem and am prepared to have a long discussion about possible remedies and things to check BEFORE I go the the dealer... I find that the service advisors treat me differently when it appears I have some knowledge of the subject. I often can see very visible ques as their demeaner changes when I can have an technical discussion with them.
Absolutely. This forum helps us less mechanically inclined when something doesn't seem right. I had a weird slight vibration that I couldn't identify. First trip to the dealership I was told it was the tires. I knew it wasn't. It was pointed out on here that it could be the front shaft pinion and it turned out that was the problem. 6G has some VERY knowledgeable and helpful members.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

1) Is there any sort of mods for the instrument cluster? I absolutely hate it. I feel like the arrangement could be moved around to utilize other features. Why is so much space dedicated to lane departure and a digital readout of the speed? I'd like to be able to get a readout of what artist is playing. Sometimes it seems to give up and not display what track, artist, station, whatever, is playing since it only has a few millimeters of space.

2) My carplay seems all out of whack. I'm sure this could be an iPhone setting, but plugging into another car that has carplay yields expected results. In the bronco I don't get notifications (little red dot next to the icon) and music sometimes randomly stops and then restarts.

3) 8 times out of 10 when I go to shut the car off I'm getting an alert to check the back seat. Nothing is back there. Perhaps the sensors need adjusting?

4) Disappointed with the wing mirrors. I hand washed the car today and they seem flimsy and poorly attached - if by one piece of crappy plastic.

5) The forward parking sensors only seem to activate once I've put the car in reverse to parallel park or back into a spot. If I pull up close to a car in front of me while in traffic I don't seem to get any proximity alerts.

šŸ¤™šŸ¼
1. The info on the far right of the instrument screen is customizable. There is a now "now playing" screen that can be added to "my view" and displayed whenever you want. And for a completely new look you can replace with the BRaptor instrument cluster for about $2k.
2. Sounds like a CP issue or setting. I use AA which works fine.
3. Warning can be deactivated through the Sync settings
4. I assume you mean the side mirrors? If so I haven't heard that complaint before. I have clipped the side of my garage door plenty of time and my mirrors are holding up fine after 2.5 years
5. I don't think I have ever had the front sensor activated in traffic, but I don't creep up right behind people either. I can confirm mine work while driving forward though as I get all sorts of beeps and alerts from those sensors while pulling into my garage.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For wireless CarPlay:

Iā€™ve found that if you have the phone unlocked or open it has issues connecting. If I have the phone locked and screen off it connects much more consistently. Itā€™s still not 100% but much better. The electronics on the Bronco are ā€¦ quirky, to put it politely.

The back seat check, as was mentioned, is the ā€œdonā€™t leave your kid in the car seatā€ reminder and it can be turned off in the Sync settings.

The dash cluster is awful. Panda offers a full digital swapout with the Raptor version but itā€™s still going through some growing pains. I am hopeful that with either the China edition or the rumored ā€˜25 refresh we may see some other cluster options start to show up.
Sponsored