Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi All,
Wondering if there is a difference from a dealer converting a reservation to an order vs placing an order. In this case the dealer converted my order but when i spoke with them they didn't place my order. I never received the confirm email from Ford. Will this effect their allocation if they only "place" orders for what they originally were told their allocated and "convert" everything else what effect will it have.
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't believe an "order" can be placed without having a reservation to be converted to an order. How long has it been since you converted to an order? Some have waited several days for the email from Ford.

OP
OP

BostonGuy

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't believe an "order" can be placed without having a reservation to be converted to an order. How long has it been since you converted to an order? Some have waited several days for the email from Ford.
8 Weeks. The dealer noted since i wasn't in their given allocation they didn't bother placing my order they only converted the order. I have a late July reservation.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe I'm confused...once a reservation is converted to an order the order is in. Did you get a price summary sheet or anything from the dealer? Wondering if they put you on a code "99" which puts you into MY2022.

OP
OP

BostonGuy

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe I'm confused...once a reservation is converted to an order the order is in. Did you get a price summary sheet or anything from the dealer? Wondering if they put you on a code "99" which puts you into MY2022.
That sounds right. I didn't get any notification even from Ford so maybe it was a 99. they pretty much told me "maybe you'll get a MY22". I didn't sign anything or even have a conversation with them at the time. but my order status on the for website went to "in store order"

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Today is the deadline to convert reservations to be part of the MY21 allocation formula.
Today is also the deadline to place an order that will be eligible for the first quarter of builds.

"Ordering" is a multi-step process. First the dealer confirms you want to convert, they do so and your reservation shows as an "in-store order". Next, you send your build to your dealer to enter, they confirm details and when entered you receive the confirmation email from Ford. However, your Ford account still shows as an "in-store order." If you have slim to no chance of making the dealerships MY21 allocation, they may chose to convert your reservation but not place the order.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does your Ford account still say "Reservation"? Some dealers out there have been playing games. I'd contact them and request a price summary sheet or DORA or otherwise something in writing to confirm. There are also several Ford customer service lines that have been helpful for many having reservation/ordering issues.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
my order status on the for website went to "in store order"
Then you have a converted order, in the eyes FoMoCo. Your original reservation time stamp will guide your manufacturing date...unless your dealer coded it priority 99, then your order is held for carryover to MY22. If you want to be considered for a MY21 then it should be coded Priority 10-19. In May, Ford will notify you of an expected production date and whether you are MY21 or MY22. Sounds like your dealer is somewhat out of the know.

Also do you know if they put in your order your specs you want?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dealers should be putting in every reservation they have that was made before Sept 19th.

If YOU want to wait till 2022 models, their code should be 99, otherwise something less like 19.

If the dealer is NOT entering in reservations that were made before that date, they are screwing up every Bronco Reservation holder with them because they have removed their chance of increasing their initial allocation numbers.

Reservations that were made after that date are not as critical, but they could still enter them without hurting anything.

GeoWar64

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I made an online reservation and just placed my official order for a Bronco this week. My online build did not accurately carry-over to the dealer info. While I was were re-configuring my order with the dealer, it had a Priority Code of 99 (do not build/on hold). Once we completed the order, the dealer converted it to 19 (custom retail build) which is what showed up on my Ford email confirmation with my order number. I'm not worrying too much about my Priority Code. A lower priority may help, but I'm late to the game, and as I understand assembly line, mass production, they are going to batch orders based on similar builds for efficiency and based on supply chain material availability.
Sponsored