First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a 7/14 reservation number. I have a relationship with my local Ford dealer. I received a call from them on the 20th wanting to put my order in. I was told I needed to get my order in ASAP as they only had 1 order spot available and later told their allocation was 8 and mine was #8. Was told reservation number didn’t matter.
I placed my order, but my Ford account page has not changed. I was also told the following:
Once the order was submitted there could be no changes to it
my Ford account would not update with any info
Have not received any confirmation email or a copy of the order.
Should I be concerned? Feels like something is off based on what I’m reading here.
Sponsored

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Was told reservation number didn’t matter.
I placed my order, but my Ford account page has not changed. I was also told the following:
Once the order was submitted there could be no changes to it
my Ford account would not update with any info
Have not received any confirmation email or a copy of the order.
Should I be concerned? Feels like something is off based on what I’m reading here.
Was told reservation number didn’t matter - FALSE, its time stamped

I placed my order, but my Ford account page has not changed - TRUE, several orders here with same issue

Once the order was submitted there could be no changes to it - DEPENDS, on what they mean by "submitted" - if they converted your reservation to an order today, its "submitted", but still can be changed

my Ford account would not update with any info - TRUE, several orders here, same issue

Have not received any confirmation email or a copy of the order - ASK, the dealer for your DORA pdf

Should I be concerned? Feels like something is off based on what I’m reading here - YES, feel free to ask away...you are also welcome to DM me with any questions

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Long story short... pretty much everything they told you is wrong.

Someone will either post more info for you, or tell you to search. I will tell you to look into changing your dealer. NVM glossed over the fact you already submitted your order.

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Long story short... pretty much everything they told you is wrong.

Someone will either post more info for you, or tell you to search. I will tell you to look into changing your dealer. NVM glossed over the fact you already submitted your order.
you can now change your dealer even if its submitted

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds like the dealer "Priority" column is being used there.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Matt145887

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sounds like the dealer "Priority" column is being used
Was told reservation number didn’t matter - FALSE, its time stamped

I placed my order, but my Ford account page has not changed - TRUE, several orders here with same issue

Once the order was submitted there could be no changes to it - DEPENDS, on what they mean by "submitted" - if they converted your reservation to an order today, its "submitted", but still can be changed

my Ford account would not update with any info - TRUE, several orders here, same issue

Have not received any confirmation email or a copy of the order - ASK, the dealer for your DORA pdf

Should I be concerned? Feels like something is off based on what I’m reading here - YES, feel free to ask away...you are also welcome to DM me with any questions

OP
OP

Matt145887

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am wondering if the dealer did not use my “reservation” and ordered what I wanted under a “stock” order for them? What would be the benefit to myself, or them by doing that? I was thrown when they said reservations did t matter that they only had an allocation of 8. In theory, I could still transfer my reservation to order at a different dealer if that is the case?

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am wondering if the dealer did not use my “reservation” and ordered what I wanted under a “stock” order for them? - What would be the benefit to myself, or them by doing that? I was thrown when they said reservations did t matter that they only had an allocation of 8. In theory, I could still transfer my reservation to order at a different dealer if that is the case?
ordered what I wanted under a “stock” order for them? - no STOCK order type right now

they said reservations didnt matter - transfer your res

In theory, I could still transfer my reservation - do it

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A side benefit of transferring from a train wreck of a dealer is that you can call back--or just be happy knowing if you're mature like that--and tell them that they've lost 1/3 of an allocation.

Edit: I forgot to thank @DealerInsider for helping out a lot of people who've found themselves pushed into the proverbial closet by a dealer who thinks they're owed 7 minutes in heaven.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They’re either pulling a fast one, or are grossly misinformed about what the process is.

Either way I’d do your homeowner here, find answers to your questions, then touch base with your own questions.

There’s always a chance they told you exactly what they believed to be true... but that doesn’t excuse it.
Sponsored