BabyDoc1012

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra, 2019 Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sorry if this has been asked or posted on here. So I had a 7/14 reservation and then some things happened and I decided to cancel my reservation. I made another one yesterday. The dealer just called about scheduling an appointment to place the order. I thought that anything after August was going to be a MY22 and had a later date to order? Plus I want a manual sasquatch BD which will be MY22. Are those that know they are MY22 still placing orders now and verifying at a later date? Thanks for the help guys, looking forward to get my bronco!
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, this has been discussed. In the Ford email that went out it was noted that Ford suggested that the dealers convert all of their reservations before the March 19 deadline. this will help Ford with their overall purchasing with their suppliers, give them a better understanding of what customers want and can also help the individual dealers with their allocations now and going forward.

BigBend1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes, this has been discussed. In the Ford email that went out it was noted that Ford suggested that the dealers convert all of their reservations before the March 19 deadline. this will help Ford with their overall purchasing with their suppliers, give them a better understanding of what customers want and can also help the individual dealers with their allocations now and going forward.
iF YOU ARE GOING TO BE GETTING A MY22, don't let Ford rush you into ordering before the Mar 19 "Deadline". I would wait until the MY22's details are released, different colors, interior color options etc, don't get locked into something and then wish you would have waited.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

iF YOU ARE GOING TO BE GETTING A MY22, don't let Ford rush you into ordering before the Mar 19 "Deadline". I would wait until the MY22's details are released, different colors, interior color options etc, don't get locked into something and then wish you would have waited.
Except that there is differing information out there that you "need" to convert vs. you can just keep your reservation. The problem is that there has not been concrete information of what happens (or doesn't) to your reservation after March 19.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
don't get locked into something and then wish you would have waited.
Even if you convert your order, and you are a MY22, you will have the opportunity to make changes to your order (color, trim level, etc.) all the way up til Ford issues a VIN # for your build.

Sponsored

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This has already been talked about and converting your order even for MY21 does not lock you into what you selected. Your order is only locked in once the VIN is created.

Check with your dealer if they will charge to modify your order after placement. That would be the bigger concern. Your order will probably be coded 99 and converted. You probably won't be given an estimated build date in May. The order bank for MY22 opens in summer if I remember correctly. So everything should be released for MY22 by then.

OP
OP

BabyDoc1012

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra, 2019 Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Update: I just got a hold of the dealer and she said that I can wait until the MY22 orders open up. Thank you guys for all the help! I am stoked to be back in the mix, a little later but back in line.

ResidualGenius

Wildtrak
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are those that know they are MY22 still placing orders now and verifying at a later date?
Yes, its been covered. Simply place your order as close to as what you want given the models now and have your dealer put you as a "99" which holds your order from being built. Then when the time comes for 22MY simply go in and adjust your order and you keep your reservation spot.

HSmamaof2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GL 450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What email are you referring to? The only Ford email I got was today about the March 19th deadline. I feel like it would make more sense if Ford is trying to get an idea of what customers want if they would allow customers who know they are going to end up being MY22 to put in options that will available then. I am having to put my order in now but the options I want are not even available so it isn't giving Ford the info they need for those builds. They could have the customers check a box that says they understand that this option won't be available until after a certain date.

HSmamaof2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GL 450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update: I just got a hold of the dealer and she said that I can wait until the MY22 orders open up. Thank you guys for all the help! I am stoked to be back in the mix, a little later but back in line.
That is awesome. So your dealer assured you that you can keep your current reservation without putting in an order by the Ford deadline of 3/19? Did they have to do something in the computer on their end to make this official? I am afraid that Ford will just go in and cancel reservations that are not finalized by May 19th. This process is super confusing. Not sure why they can't allow us to put the order in with future available options. That way Ford would know what types of options and how many they should expect.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is awesome. So your dealer assured you that you can keep your current reservation without putting in an order by the Ford deadline of 3/19? Did they have to do something in the computer on their end to make this official? I am afraid that Ford will just go in and cancel reservations that are not finalized by May 19th. This process is super confusing. Not sure why they can't allow us to put the order in with future available options. That way Ford would know what types of options and how many they should expect.
It has been confirmed that any order not placed by the deadline will just sit there as a reservation, to be converted later. They are not going to cancel reservations.

Ford has stated that if someone is interested in waiting for MY22 options they can do either of two things:

1. Convert their order now, and have the dealer code it Priority 99 ("do not build"). Once MY22 order banks open, the individual will modify their draft order to whatever new options are available and the dealer will re-code it to a different priority to have it submitted for build. Ford as said to dealers this is what they prefer because it will give them information on how many people are likely to be waiting for MY22 and what general trims and door counts they want. (Obviously they wont know who wants to add MY22 options that aren't even announced yet, and people are free to change their mind, but it'll help them with commodity procurement if someone indicates they are likely to purchase a 4-door Badlands for example.)

2. Not convert their order at all yet. Just let the reservation ripen until MY22 order banks open (or they decide before then that they want to order), and place their order then. Even people who don't convert by this week's deadline can still convert as soon as the following day. The only downside is that dealers wont have that order counted towards their allocation allotment, and the order will not be considered for the first round of build scheduling (3 months).

Gadget

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M3, 2021 Toyota RAV4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
According to my dealer, you need to get your order on the books prior to COB on Friday March 19th, even if you're waiting on a 2022 MY. Your order will be coded as "99 status," ensuring your reservation remains intact. The following text was included in a recent email from my dealer:

As you may have read in national automotive publications, demand for 2021 Ford Bronco is far outpacing supply nationally. Ford has committed to being completely transparent in the Order to Delivery process. Once your order is placed, you can expect relevant updates from Ford and Team Ford Lincoln about your vehicle along the way. Because of this, and the fact that the 2021 model year Bronco is expected to be short to due production timing, some customers may in fact receive a 2022 model year vehicle. Again, it is imperative to get your order placed when the order bank opens so Team Ford Lincoln receives as many Bronco allocations as possible to fulfill our reservation holder lists. 2021 Model Year Bronco Deliveries are expected to begin in June. For customers with later reservations that receive a 2022 Model Year Bronco there will be new roof options, exterior paint colors, vehicle options, special editions, etc. 2022 Model Year Deliveries are expected to start in January 2022.​

HSmamaof2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GL 450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It has been confirmed that any order not placed by the deadline will just sit there as a reservation, to be converted later. They are not going to cancel reservations.

Ford has stated that if someone is interested in waiting for MY22 options they can do either of two things:

1. Convert their order now, and have the dealer code it Priority 99 ("do not build"). Once MY22 order banks open, the individual will modify their draft order to whatever new options are available and the dealer will re-code it to a different priority to have it submitted for build. Ford as said to dealers this is what they prefer because it will give them information on how many people are likely to be waiting for MY22 and what general trims and door counts they want. (Obviously they wont know who wants to add MY22 options that aren't even announced yet, and people are free to change their mind, but it'll help them with commodity procurement if someone indicates they are likely to purchase a 4-door Badlands for example.)

2. Not convert their order at all. Just let the reservation ripen until MY22 order banks open (or they decide before then that they want to order), and place their order then. Even people who don't convert by this deadline can still convert as soon as the following day. The only downside is that dealers wont have that order counted towards their allocation allotment, and the order will not be considered for the first round of build scheduling (3 months).
This is very helpful, thank you! Now I just need to decide which option to choose. I am fine with placing an order now that I know there is a way to keep it from being built (on the off-chance my reservation was ready to build by the time the options I want are added). Just one more clarification. In your last sentence are you saying that by not ordering now I keep my order for a MY2022 from possibly being built in the first batch of 2022s? I know that is true about the 2021s if you don't order now, but just wanted to clear up if you actually meant same was true for the MY2022. Thank you so much!

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is very helpful, thank you! Now I just need to decide which option to choose. I am fine with placing an order now that I know there is a way to keep it from being built (on the off-chance my reservation was ready to build by the time the options I want are added). Just one more clarification. In your last sentence are you saying that by not ordering now I keep my order for a MY2022 from possibly being built in the first batch of 2022s? I know that is true about the 2021s if you don't order now, but just wanted to clear up if you actually meant same was true for the MY2022. Thank you so much!
You wouldn't be considered for the first round of MY21 production (3 months) if you convert after the deadline. So if you have a very early reservation, and stand to get your bronco built in the first 3 months of production, it's beneficial to convert before the deadline.

Additionally, your converted order counts towards the dealer's allocation if it's entered before the deadline, so you're more likely to get a bronco if you convert before as well since the dealer will potentially get more to sell in MY21.

Ford has stated that everyone, even those choosing to wait for a MY22, will get to "keep their place in line" relative to their timestamp.

That's as much as they've said, and there is lots of interpretation and differing opinions here on the board as to what that will mean practically.

To me it means that since Ford will generally speaking prioritize earlier reservations before later ones, as an early reservation, when you finally submit your build it will be placed in line relative to your timestamp... (and not according to when your order was placed).

(that's not to say that there may be a lag between when you finally convert your order and when it's scheduled though... and based on recent statements that could be 3 months... but MY22 ordering should open before MY22 builds start, so if you convert that early, I would assume you'd be in contention for a build as soon as MY22 production starts)

I think it was you who just mention in another thread that you are a very early reservation holder. The other benefit to converting before this Friday is you will receive a deliver estimate from Ford in May. Anyone who doesn't convert by that deadline wont have that luxury.

HSmamaof2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GL 450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You wouldn't be considered for the first round of MY21 production (3 months) if you convert after the deadline. So if you have a very early reservation, and stand to get your bronco built in the first 3 months of production, it's beneficial to convert before the deadline.

Additionally, your converted order counts towards the dealer's allocation if it's entered before the deadline, so you're more likely to get a bronco if you convert before as well since the dealer will potentially get more to sell in MY21.

Ford has stated that everyone, even those choosing to wait for a MY22, will get to "keep their place in line" relative to their timestamp.

That's as much as they've said, and there is lots of interpretation and differing opinions here on the board as to what that will mean practically.

To me it means that since Ford will generally speaking prioritize earlier reservations before later ones, as an early reservation, when you finally submit your build it will be placed in line relative to your timestamp... (and not according to when your order was placed).

(that's not to say that there may be a lag between when you finally convert your order and when it's scheduled though... and based on recent statements that could be 3 months... but MY22 ordering should open before MY22 builds start, so if you convert that early, I would assume you'd be in contention for a build as soon as MY22 production starts)

I think it was you who just mention in another thread that you are a very early reservation holder. The other benefit to converting before this Friday is you will receive a deliver estimate from Ford in May. Anyone who doesn't convert by that deadline wont have that luxury.
Thank you so much! I am actually a late reservation holder (mid November) so I always expected a MY2022. This is very helpful to know that when Ford says March 19th is the deadline that they do not mean other than as a deadline for people to get in on the first 3 months of production. Which I don't want anyway since my options are not out. Thank you for clearing things up for me!
Sponsored