First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Impala, Buick Enclave, '77 Suzuki GS750
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is anyone else planning on trying to store their hardtop outside during the summer soft-top/ no top months? I have allocated every useable surface of my garage for other stuff, including the ceiling (read: no hoist). I have seen some bags for other hard top storage, and some even claim to be weather resistant.

https://northstarproductsinc.com/product/jeep-wrangler-4-door-hardtop-bag/

IMG_1009-700x525.jpg

Does anyone have any experience with this? I thought about perhaps using the bag in conjunction with a tarp to help avoid moisture incursion.
Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Jeep hardtop has sat outside for the past 3 summers without a cover or anything on it. No issues here. I figured it sits outside when it's on top of my Jeep anyways so it shouldn't make a difference.

You will probably have to clean it up before you put it back on if you leave it uncovered like I do.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
note to self ... don’t buy this guy’s hardtop

?

My Jeep hardtop has sat outside for the past 3 summers without a cover or anything on it. No issues here. I figured it sits outside when it's on top of my Jeep anyways so it shouldn't make a difference.

You will probably have to clean it up before you put it back on if you leave it uncovered like I do.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

note to self ... don’t buy this guy’s hardtop

?
Oh come on! A little dust and rain never hurt a Jeep! :ROFLMAO: I doubt it will do damage to the Bronco... That being said, my two door Bronco hardtop will probably have a nice home in the garage because it will be smaller than the four door top for my Jeep.

Also, if you are getting a painted top, that will be a a different story. My jeep has the standard textured black top so it is a bit more resistant to wear.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tre

Tre

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
You should build a shed or tree house and use it as a roof.
I thought dog house, personally. ;)

Oh come on! A little dust and rain never hurt a Jeep! :ROFLMAO: I doubt it will do damage to the Bronco... That being said, my two door Bronco hardtop will probably have a nice home in the garage because it will be smaller than the four door top for my Jeep.

Also, if you are getting a painted top, that will be a a different story. My jeep has the standard textured black top so it is a bit more resistant to wear.
I'm probably going base model, so MIC it is. I hear what you're saying about being exposed when it's on the vehicle. That does take some of the pressure off. Honestly, it will se much worse during Illinois winters when it's exposed than it will in a bag over the summer.

I'm kicking myself for not building a bigger shed (I already built it bigger than I needed, or so I thought) otherwise I would throw it in there. I haven't seen any specific dimensions for the hard top, but it should help that the front section is separate from the back for saving space. I'm hoping to nest the front sections under the back roof portion.

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Get you one of those mattress bags from Home Depot that people use for moving. Seal it with a heavy duty zip tie.

All for less than $60-70 bucks most likely.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have seen some bags for other hard top storage, and some even claim to be weather resistant.
Humidity and insects will love the inside of the bag, better to find a smaller shed.

Ford Bronco Outdoor Hardtop Storage 1602499057870

Ford Bronco Outdoor Hardtop Storage 1602499070285

Ford Bronco Outdoor Hardtop Storage 1602499088016

Reactions: Tre

Cased

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dune buggy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine will get set on saw horses and bagged to keep the mud dobbers at bay

They are made to be outside

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Build a rack with PVC pipe so it's off the ground and cover with a tarp. Works well for my kayaks.

OP
OP
Tre

Tre

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Humidity and insects will love the inside of the bag, better to find a smaller shed.
Ford Bronco Outdoor Hardtop Storage PXL_20201012_150944973

I wish I had more room for another shed, even a small one. I'm wondering what the dimensions are going to be. I've got about 26" back there.

Edit: geez I need to get some Roundup for back there...

They are made to be outside
I'm getting that vibe now. ??

Build a rack with PVC pipe so it's off the ground and cover with a tarp. Works well for my kayaks.
PVC is probably a better choice than building a mini pallet out of pressure treated wood.

The top is probably more or less the same height as a Wrangler, right?
Sponsored

Last edited: