Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Dr IS MIC Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Outer Banks would be perfect for me as it already includes Mid and LED Lights, especially since I can't get Manual w Mid on Big Bend. Can't get past the included Tube steps though, would be a deal breaker I think. Looks like I won't be able to do a tube step delete thru factory, so how easy are they to remove. Socket set will take care of this? Will any brackets be exposed after removing?
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Outer Banks would be perfect for me as it already includes Mid and LED Lights, especially since I can't get Manual w Mid on Big Bend. Can't get past the included Tube steps though, would be a deal breaker I think. Looks like I won't be able to do a tube step delete thru factory, so how easy are they to remove. Socket set will take care of this? Will any brackets be exposed after removing?
There are no brackets left behind. The steps are bolted on. Get your socket set out and crank away.

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's simply bolted into the body, its likely 2 brackets with a few bolts, probably torx knowing modern ford.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can do a tube step delete by adding the rock rails.

OP
OP
Bacon

Bacon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Dr IS MIC Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You can do a tube step delete by adding the rock rails.
I did do this on B&P thinking the same thing, I'm sure its a mistake but the image in B&P shows the tube steps and rock rails.... hopefully thats a solution though! anyone else know?

anyone good w photoshop that can take tube steps off so I can see what OBX looks like without them?

thanks

Sponsored

TalexBrizzley

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
anyone good w photoshop that can take tube steps off so I can see what OBX looks like without them?

thanks
I am definitely not good with photoshop but with the iPhone markup tool I did okay here. I'm on the fence between BD and OBX but if I were to go with OBX, I agree that the tube steps are the first thing to come off.

Ford Bronco Outer Banks - Delete Tube Steps? IMG-0992

If you'd like me to try this with a different color/configuration that looks more like yours, let me know.

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I see you are in CT? I am getting either a badlands or Black Diamond which comes with the rock rails. I would much rather have the tube step, maybe we could trade? I am getting a 2 door though not sure about you?

OP
OP
Bacon

Bacon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Dr IS MIC Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I see you are in CT? I am getting either a badlands or Black Diamond which comes with the rock rails. I would much rather have the tube step, maybe we could trade? I am getting a 2 door though not sure about you?
a 4 door most likely, but never know... if I panic about price it can be an option... will let you know

OP
OP
Bacon

Bacon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Dr IS MIC Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am definitely not good with photoshop but with the iPhone markup tool I did okay here. I'm on the fence between BD and OBX but if I were to go with OBX, I agree that the tube steps are the first thing to come off.

Ford Bronco Outer Banks - Delete Tube Steps? IMG-0992

If you'd like me to try this with a different color/configuration that looks more like yours, let me know.
thanks! looks good without. area 51 4 dr is probably the one I'm going with

Sponsored

BuiltTough

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
liking the OBX without tube steps... makes it look tougher while still having all the interior options

was thinking Big Bend with mid, Auto Trans, V6, LED signature lights, and by the time I do this I'm very close to OBX anyway.. with OBX you have optional advanced 4wd which I would like.. If I go with OBX the tube steps have to go... can anyone photoshop a Race Red and Velocity Blue OBX without tube steps. Appreciate!

MikeyFrog

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have little kids so the tube steps are welcome for now... As they get older may end up swapping to rock rails for that clean look.

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Would be happy to trade you my rock rails for your tube steps...

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've pulled off tube steps from other vehicles in less than 10 minutes. Very easy.

BigBronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silverado, 2021 XC90
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'll trade you the rock rails from my Black Diamond for your tube steps!
Sponsored