First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Stupid question argument with the wife currious what people think?

My father in law visiting for xmas we want me to drive 1 hrs to show my bronco to some relative ... they are big fan of bronco ....
I just got my 2 dr with sas .... i say sure no problem....

When we are there my father in law ask to pop the hood to see the engine.... so far so good...

But then I step away to talk to someone and when I turn around the friend of my inlaw have is hand in the engine bay and unscreew the oil cap for few feet aways i was not sure what it was doing but i was shock I was shock and very piss because he took the liberty to do that whotout asking because is a relative of my inlaw i did say nothing and walk quick to see whar it was doing exactly ..... i keep it quiet.... when i close the hood the idiot start to grab the trail sight and shake the bronco to see the ifs working I guess .... it a piece of plastic i will never do that to somebody else vehicule in case the plastic break .... again relative of the inlaw i shut up.......

On the ride home i say something about the idiot.... to my wife and my father inlaw... they both think i am overreacting ......

what you guy think.....

If it was not my inlaw anybody else the will have been clearly notify on the spot loud and clear.....

I told them i whant them to go to a car show and when the owner of the car walk few feet away i want them or anybody who think it ok then reach inside the engine bay and unscreew anything and see what happen..... i think few thing will or might happen....
A-someone will get shoot
B-someone will end up on their ass
C-someone will have missing teeth
D-they will get yell at they will never do it again
E-who know

Let me know what you think and what you will do

It not that big of thing .... but i am f...piss

Ask me again to drive to show it again ... and see how i will be my respond ....
Sponsored

Last edited:

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. People suck.
2. You have a right to be pissed about some boundary absent soul (see 1.)
3. You took the silent route and that is on you for not at least politely saying hey lets leave that alone.
4. Have a drink, take a jog, sneek an edible...whatever works to let it pass as really the time to say/do something has passed.

Sponsored

Docindahouze

Base
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would be ever so slightly concerned and walk over to monitor what they were doing and think it were a little weird but most certainly not angry and pissed like you. I think itā€™s an over reaction. I think they were just excited and wanted to kick the tires a bit. And they are not some strangers at a car show. Do you normally react this way?

OP
OP

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would be ever so slightly concerned and walk over to monitor what they were doing and think it were a little weird but most certainly not angry and pissed like you. I think itā€™s an over reaction. I think they were just excited and wanted to kick the tires a bit. And they are not some strangers at a car show. Do you normally react this way?
They are totaly stranger to me
Dont know them at all.....
Same thing if you go to car show and reach i side the engine bay....you have no business to do that .... i kwow why some people have to put sign DO NOT TOUCH it for the moron.whitout boundry

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would be annoyed and see whatā€™s going on for sure. Iā€™d never do that to someone elseā€™s vehicle, without asking first. Look - donā€™t touch.

Impatient

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I woulda shut the door on his hand so he learned his lesson!

BluBronco

First Edition
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'76 Bronco, '86 Bronco, '08 R6, '21 FE Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
oil cap no big deal... annoying, yes absolutely. The grabbing of plastic to shake the whole vehicle... that's when I am saying something. End of day no harm no foul, it just rubbed you the wrong way. We all have a right to feel anyway we want about a situation. Pick your battles!

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
mild concern on a new vehicle, sure, reasonable. Shutting the hood, brooding about it for many hours, making a big enough stink that other people around you tell you that you are over-reacting, then coming online to complain again and looking for complete online strangers to tell you it is not over-reacting...

yeah, you over-reacted and are still over-reacting.

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I totally understand where youā€™re coming from, I prefer people donā€™t touch my stuff. But I also realize that people arenā€™t actually damaging anything.

I think what you should do next time is calmly with a level head ask the person to not unscrew things or touch things on your brand new vehicle without asking you. That way you solve the issue, it wonā€™t happen again, and you donā€™t have to vent on the forum to a bunch of strangers who some are going to make fun of you and others are going to tell you that you shouldā€™ve punch him in the face. Neither are conducive

Iā€™d also add that if this bothers you, then donā€™t ever take your vehicle to anyone else but you for service lol

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You're totally overreacting, IMO.
Agreed. It's a car dude. Not like he drop kicked the front panel or some dumb shit.

I mean idk why he needs to unscrew an oil cap. But that's normal operation. Ain't breaking it. And those sights are good for what? 150lbs? I think it says on it. Doubt he applied 150lbs+ of force. It should handle a like shaking. If not, he helped you find something out before you actually used it and it failed. You should be thanking him. šŸ˜‚

OP
OP

Mdeamon

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai tucson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You're totally overreacting, IMO.
Basicaly you will feel confident at car show to reach inside the engine bay and do stuff whitout asking and the owner is couple feet aways.... you are a brave idiot..... if you every see my hood open dont event try to put your finger inside .....your finger will be missing

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am agreeing with you since it was people that you do not know- I believe that you are venting and that your actual reaction was less than what you type- as we do. I would have gone off on the person shaking the truck, though. YOU and YOUR Bronco are not dealer displays to be "tested", it is your new baby that you are proud of. To all of you I ask- if this happened out in public, how would you react/act?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.