Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks. I'm torn between the clean look of painted and the high durability of the factory black plastic. Assuming it's adequately UV resistant...
That is a strong assumption. Look at the Chevy Avalanche and what a mess it looks like after being exposed to the sun all these years. On the other hand, on my 2003 Jeep, the mirror caps are shiny black like the day I bought it. The door handles on the other hand...
Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That is a strong assumption. Look at the Chevy Avalanche and what a mess it looks like after being exposed to the sun all these years. On the other hand, on my 2003 Jeep, the mirror caps are shiny black like the day I bought it. The door handles on the other hand...
Yeah, I know, it is so hit or miss. Unfortunately, my 4Runner doesn't have a garage spot and the plastic isn't looking great on it. It's not bad, just lightening a bit in color. It has been 6 years and the sun here in San Diego is intense.

Are those mirror caps painted or raw plastic?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, I know, it is so hit or miss. Unfortunately, my 4Runner doesn't have a garage spot and the plastic isn't looking great on it. It's not bad, just lightening a bit in color. It has been 6 years and the sun here in San Diego is intense.

Are those mirror caps painted or raw plastic?
My Jeep mirror caps are plastic (no paint). Looks like the day I bought it and it never gets any special treatment. The door handles have the faded gray look. It is hit or miss what the quality of the plastic from auto suppliers.

As it pertains to the Bronco, many people chided the OBX trim with it's painted bits. But in the long run, the OBX owner will have door handles/mirror caps/flares that will look uniform as opposed to the various plastics on other trims. We can see the differing plastics and some aren't faring well. Give it 10 years and there are going to be some ugly Broncos.
Sponsored