First Name
Ardi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Hennessey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
For those that ordered, what did you sign that locked in your pricing? I am about to order and what I have been given is an "order summary" that looks like it is an internal document from Ford with options and had the msrp and has the invoice price circled and a "proposal with estimated figured" document that looks more like a dealership document.
Sponsored

SoDak1623

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F150, 2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There really is no way to "lock in" your sales price. Regardless of what useless paper the dealership and you were to sign, the reality is they can set the sales price to whatever they want when it arrives and the bronco belongs to them until you purchase it. People don't like to hear that, but if you search some of the old threads you will find this to have happened to plenty of people. Your best bet is to work with a dealer you know well or have heard good reviews from others about.

OP
OP
Agswin

Agswin

First Edition
First Name
Ardi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Hennessey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The one I have worked with in the past won't give me a price but also won't take a deposit. This one wants a $1000 nonrefundable deposit but will give me a signed price sheet.

Only thing I care about is that if the price changes or they add dealer addons that my $1000 is refunded because the deal has changed. Surely, they can't keep your deposit if they switch the deal?

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer signed/dated my Ford DORA (order summary) and used that dollar figure on their dealer signed price sheet showing the selling price, my $1k deposit (refundable), my down payment and taxes. One year later it showed up, gave them my down payment, signed the final sales agreement and was on my way.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No way I would sign a deal with a non-refundable deposit. And now is the time to be talking about dealer addons and get that in writing so there are no surprises upon delivery. As far as price changes, once your order is in the system you are protected against Ford price increases but not so much with dealer shenanigans.

Agree to the price now, no add-ons and a refundable deposit. No reputable dealer should have a problem jotting that down on your order Preview Sheet, signing it and standing by it. Now, will it hold-up in court if the dealer does get squirrelly? Probably so, but it will cost time, money and headaches. Bottom line, go with a dealership you know and trust.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Agswin

Agswin

First Edition
First Name
Ardi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Hennessey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have all this it sounds like, but they are wanting a "Non-refundable" deposit. I told them that I can either send a refundable deposit or they can provide paperwork that shows that if they change the price, then the deposit is refundable.

Peepers

Outer Banks
First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I bought mine, 24 OB with no dealer markup and 2,500 off MSRP. Like one of the posters said you should not have to put a non-refundable deposit on it.
Prior to buying the Bronco I had ordered a new Lariat FX4 Ranger with no money down and being sold at MSRP. I decided on the Bronco instead. It all depends on the type of dealer you have. My small town dealer has ALWAYS taken good care of my vehicles. My last one was a 2019 Ranger XLT FX4.

OP
OP
Agswin

Agswin

First Edition
First Name
Ardi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Hennessey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Normally I would push back on the non-refundable part but he came out of nowhere with invoice for a 2024 and nobody else is even close. The one dealer I have on order with won't even negotiate price.
Sponsored