Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
2023 4k miles. Parasitic draw kills battery in 48 hours with door locked and key away from vehicle. New battery did not resolve issue. No switched accecories or charging cords connected. I have heard of lights cycling on and off, causing this. Any other experience ?
Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

any aftermarket accessories or hidden dealer installed tracking/remote kill switch devices?

OP
OP

BT!

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
Nope.

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Must be a short somewhere before it hits the computer or on a circuit that does not require computer. Otherwise it would leave you enough of a charge to start...

Ford Bronco Parasitic draw 646851a3-0c1a-461a-a46a-8c0f223859a0-

OP
OP

BT!

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
Yea thats why lights make sense. Itdoes seem to go into deep sleep mode but something is off. Hopefully dealer can fugure it out next month but im not holding my breath as if its not in the computer real trouble shooting skills seem limited.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

time to check all your ground connections are tight.

OP
OP

BT!

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
Probably a good place to start. Anyone have a diagram of the electrical system or ground contacts. Looking to go in armed to dealer with as much information as possible to avoid stealership fuckry.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Is this the same vehicle/poster from FB that wouldn't say what mods are installed? They "say" that there are no switched accessories, but they got all upset when someone challenged them asking what mods were done.

Are there any modifications???

Sponsored
OP
OP

BT!

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sure is sparky, I said it there and I said it here NO MODICIFATIONS NO SWITCHED ACCESSORIES. you menitoned that accessories would not have to be switched to killl the battery which is unrelated and indicates you dont understand how circuits work..

Do you have something helpful to offer other than to place blame on the person asking for assistance ?

2023 4k miles. Parasitic draw kills battery in 48 hours with door locked and key away from vehicle. New battery did not resolve issue. No switched accecories or charging cords connected. I have heard of lights cycling on and off, causing this. Any other experience ?

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sure is sparky, I said it there and I said it here NO MODICIFATIONS NO SWITCHED ACCESSORIES. you menitoned that accessories would not have to be switched to killl the battery which is unrelated and indicates you dont understand how circuits work..

Do you have something helpful to offer other than to place blame on the person asking for assistance ?

No but I manage a fleet of over 1200 vehicles and all of their added in car technology. 99..999% of the time a parasitic draw is the aftermarket accessory added.

So what you are saying is that your vehicle is 100% stock? NOTHING added?

The way to identify a parasitic draw is to take a multi-meter and measure the current draw when the vehicle is off/shut down. If you see any current flow, keep pulling fuses till it stops. You have then identified the circuit. A wiring diagram won't help. You armed with a schematic won't help with a service adviser (who are not techs). Your comment about "ground contacts" is bizarre. The whole dam vehicle is a ground with multiple connection points. The only way to find current flow is using the positive side/fuses. There will be MULTIPLE ground paths for circuits to complete.

I don't physically do automotive electrical troubleshooting any more, but I teach people how to do it.

Buckethead

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Exp ST, ‘22 Base 2dr & ‘23 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did the issue suddenly start or was it always present since new? I.e. maybe you only recently started leaving parked 48hrs and/or only driving it very short distances and noticed the issue. Also - you stated “no switched accessories” but any powered aftermarket accessories? Not trolling here, just caught off guard but the “switched” specificity.

Could be the alternator isn’t working but that would be surprising - auto zone/oriely’s/etc… can check that for free. There’s always a parasitic draw on the battery but for it to go flat in 48hrs is pretty darn fast If your driving it and your alternator is working.

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The way to identify a parasitic draw is to take a multi-meter and measure the current draw when the vehicle is off/shut down. If you see any current flow, keep pulling fuses till it stops. You have then identified the circuit. .
This is the best way to find it. You can also use an AMP clamp, but it might not be as accurate.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This is the best way to find it. You can also use an AMP clamp, but it might not be as accurate.
Correct, a clamp on ammeter is super sensitive, any movement seems to make the numbers jump around. interrupting the circuit with an inline high quality multi-meter seems to work best.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.