First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I recently picked up my 4 door Wildtrak from the dealer. It was the mannequin vehicle, so it has about 3,000 miles on it and has been driven for about 6 months. Ever since I picked it up last week, if I turn the truck on and put it in reverse immediately, the rear left parking sensor goes off for about 2 seconds. It always stops going off after the two seconds, and if I put it back in reverse at another point in the drive it functions correctly. I checked to make sure there wasn't dirt or debris on the sensor, but it's clean as a whistle. I looked up recalibrating it, but that doesn't seem like an option. Anyone have any ideas what's going on here? I talked to the salesman I bought it from and he said he never noticed it doing that. Not the biggest deal in the world, but if I'm going to spend 60k on a truck, I'd like the parking sensors to work. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

OP
OP

rsilvis

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
who cares what is happening, take it to the dealer and make it their problem.
Yeah they are just booked out two weeks, so if it was a simple fix I was just going to take care of it on my own.

kbutler1

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You could try disconnecting the wire harness from each side of the rear bumper or just check to make sure they are seated properly. If you look behind your rear wheel you will see the connector on each side like the below.
Ford Bronco Parking Sensor False Alarm After Start-Up Bumper harness connect

Last edited:

Bronco361

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 OBX 2.3L High
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My OBX does this occasionally but I chalked it up to 2 different things...One I park in the middle of my other 2 vehicles on a inclined driveway which one is a crew cab and sticks out further than the bronco. My thinking is it senses that and throws a couple second warning. Two, My driveway is at a pretty steep incline so it may be bouncing off the flat plane at bottom of driveway. May look to see if you have anything next to you or inclined.

Sponsored

OB121

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Expedition 2021 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My OBX 4DR does this exact same thing. Been doing it since I got it last September. Pretty minor problem but I will bring it in to see if dealer can solve it at some point.

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Camry, 2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I recently picked up my 4 door Wildtrak from the dealer. It was the mannequin vehicle, so it has about 3,000 miles on it and has been driven for about 6 months. Ever since I picked it up last week, if I turn the truck on and put it in reverse immediately, the rear left parking sensor goes off for about 2 seconds. It always stops going off after the two seconds, and if I put it back in reverse at another point in the drive it functions correctly. I checked to make sure there wasn't dirt or debris on the sensor, but it's clean as a whistle. I looked up recalibrating it, but that doesn't seem like an option. Anyone have any ideas what's going on here? I talked to the salesman I bought it from and he said he never noticed it doing that. Not the biggest deal in the world, but if I'm going to spend 60k on a truck, I'd like the parking sensors to work. Thanks in advance!
Do you have 35" or larger tires? My OBX started doing that once getting larger tires. I had to purchase and install a spare tire relocation kit that lifted the spare up 2 inches. Once installed, no more false alarms. Test it out first by taking your spare tire off and throw it in reverse to see if it's still happening. If not, then your tire is most likely the culprit.
Sponsored