Sponsored

Patiently waiting?

Are you waiting patiently? Choose all that apply.

• I knew it would take a long time and I am patient.

Votes: 27 41.5%
  • I am impatient but will keep waiting.

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • I am impatient and might cancel my order.

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Ford is doing their best to fill orders.

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Ford is run by a bunch of incompetent morons.

Votes: 29 44.6%

• Total voters

amazingjason

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Samurai, 1966 442
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
When you ordered your Bronco, did you expect the process to go smoothly and quickly? Are you patiently waiting?

We ordered a Big Bend in January 2022 and switched to a Heritage Edition when they were revealed. We have been bumped several times and are patent, but we are hoping to get it in 2023 with price protection. I will be disappointed if it doesn’t work out.

Do you think Ford is doing their best to fill orders, or are they a bunch of incompetent morons?

Jason
Sponsored

Amib83

Badlands
First Name
Ang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold my Wrangler for a Badlands Sasquatch 🤩
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m in a weird situation.
When I first placed my order I was told I could wait up to 10 months. I was fully prepared to wait. Here’s where it gets weird:

Two weeks after I placed my order I recieved an email saying it was scheduled for production. I was shocked and called my dealer— and they confirmed.

My daily driver was a Wrangler that I needed to sell for my down payment—so I put it up for sale and sold it within a week. This was two weeks after I was given a production date. I’ve been driving my partner’s car and he’s been driving his 71 Chevelle to work. It’s not the best car to commute in, and needs a lot of work—- but we figured we could make it work for a couple of months.

Wellllllll— now my production date has been bumped by almost a month— so, if it keeps getting bumped and I don’t have it by the end of July, I’ll need to cancel my order and purchase another Wrangler.

I just wish they didn’t send out production emails until 1 week before the vehicle is actually scheduled. It makes more sense than having a ton of people let down by their rotating door of production dates 🤷🏻‍♀️

Luckylat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Expedition, 2013 VW Wagon, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I suggest one more category for the poll:

"I am impatient, knew it would take long, but will cancel my order if it rolls into MY2024".

If order should push to MY 2024; loosing price protection + dealer agreed price, and considering other new dealer models rolling out in 2025 (4-Runner, Scout, etc.) I will pause and revaluate for another 2 years. Ford has taught me to be very patient!

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am having a really hard time understanding why people are having trouble with getting a bronco. Is $1-3k of added mark up that much??? That its making you wait 12+ month??? Really? My bronco that I paid $3k mark up for…is now being built on the ford website (exact spec) for $4k over my msrp (window sticker). Found the bronco on 2/11/23 on cars.com, drove to the dealer on 2/11/23, paid $3k over msrp (window sticker).

Fast forward to today and the window sticker to build my same bronco on the ford website is my original msrp + $4,350. Anyone who buys my same bronco spec today, even without any mark up at all, is going to pay more then I did WITH my mark up.

Moral of the story. Go get it off a lot if you really want it. They are there. And that one option that your going to use as an excuse to have to order…you dont need it. Many examples of no mark up at all also. So when I see posts like this. I cant help but think…you might be doing it to yourself. Yah Ford is not helping the situation, clearly, but common on guys.

Also can you add a option “Did not want to wait and got my bronco off the lot”

Last edited:
OP
OP

amazingjason

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Samurai, 1966 442
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am having a really hard time understanding why people are having trouble with getting a bronco. Is $1-3k of added mark up that much??? That its making you wait 12+ month??? Really? My bronco that I paid $3k mark up for…is now being built on the ford website (exact spec) for $4k over my msrp (window sticker). Found the bronco on 2/11/23 on cars.com, drove to the dealer on 2/11/23, paid $3k over msrp (window sticker).

Fast forward to today and the window sticker to build my same bronco on the ford website is my original msrp + $4,350. Anyone who buys my same bronco spec today, even without any mark up at all, is going to pay more then I did WITH my mark up.

Moral of the story. Go get it off a lot if you really want it. They are there. And that one option that your going to use as an excuse to have to order…you dont need it. Many examples of no mark up at all also. So when I see posts like this. I cant help but think…you might be doing it to yourself. Yah Ford is not helping the situation, clearly, but common on guys.

Also can you add a option “Did not want to wait and got my bronco off the lot”
That’s fine if you don’t mind paying a premium for a four door automatic soft top in whatever color.

Jason

Sponsored

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s fine if you don’t mind paying a premium for a four door automatic soft top in whatever color.

Jason
you were saying…regarding the color, I was ok with several of the colors so wasnt dead on a specific color. Everything else I wanted, I got. They are there man. If your going for manual then I can understand that argument.

Ford Bronco Patiently waiting? IMG_7882

Ford Bronco Patiently waiting? IMG_7775

OP
OP

amazingjason

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Samurai, 1966 442
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
you were saying…regarding the color, I was ok with several of the colors so wasnt dead on a specific color. Everything else I wanted, I got. They are there man. If your going for manual then I can understand that argument.

We are waiting for a two door manual heritage edition with tow package.
Jason

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are waiting for a two door manual heritage edition with tow package.
Jason
Manual is probably the only option I can see as needing an order. That’s understandable. Dealers wont order those, too small of a market I guess. Hope you get your order soon. You wont regret it. Cheers.

The Compensator

Outer Banks
First Name
Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco, 2015 yukon denali xl, minivan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

IMG_7882.jpeg

IMG_7775.jpeg
I get your point.

But my counter point is that alot of us who are patiently waiting made orders in 2020. Paying sticker, or a minimal ADM, for a Bronco off the lot, isn't as simple as you make it out to be.

In my specific case, I ordered a Bronco from a dealer who not only guaranteed msrp, but was also running a 2k below invoice special at the time I ordered it 936 days ago. There weren't any broncos on the lot. They didn't even start showing up at dealerships for about a year...

Pricing has also increased significantly since my reservation date. So, if I were to abandon my original order and pick up one "off the lot" (which I've tried.), it would cost me upwards of 12k more than what I ordered. Not only that, but I've also yet to find one on a lot that even remotely matches my build.

I love Bronco's. But not enough to shell out 64k like the window sticker on my recently shipped Bronco suggests.

I am a buyer at the originally negotiated and still true price of 48K though.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get your point.

But my counter point is that alot of us who are patiently waiting made orders in 2020. Paying sticker, or a minimal ADM, for a Bronco off the lot, isn't as simple as you make it out to be.

In my specific case, I ordered a Bronco from a dealer who not only guaranteed msrp, but was also running a 2k below invoice special at the time I ordered it 936 days ago. There weren't any broncos on the lot. They didn't even start showing up at dealerships for about a year...

Pricing has also increased significantly since my reservation date. So, if I were to abandon my original order and pick up one "off the lot" (which I've tried.), it would cost me upwards of 12k more than what I ordered. Not only that, but I've also yet to find one on a lot that even remotely matches my build.

I love Bronco's. But not enough to shell out 64k like the window sticker on my recently shipped Bronco suggests.

I am a buyer at the originally negotiated and still true price of 48K though.
If your saving $10-15k. Thats a different story. So the $64k and $48k broncos you mentioned are the exact same build? But the $48k is the original price 930 days ago? Am I understanding correctly? If thats the case then by all means you keep that order and wait for it!!! Cheers.

Sponsored

The Compensator

Outer Banks
First Name
Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If your saving $10-15k. Thats a different story. So the $64k and $48k broncos you mentioned are the exact same build? But the $48k is the original price 930 days ago? Am I understanding correctly? If thats the case then by all means you keep that order and wait for it!!! Cheers.
Kind of.

When the bronco mannequins started arriving at dealerships, I drove a few. Based on my test drives, I changed my order, and added options which increased the price a little bit.

The Ford rebates and dealership specials kept the price low though, which is nice. If I wasn't for Ford honoring price protection, I would have definitely just grabbed one off the lot.

Hopefully I'll be finally picking it up in a few days.

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I waited 19 months after reserving Day 1. I still love it every time I walk out to drive it.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I am having a really hard time understanding why people are having trouble with getting a bronco. Is $1-3k of added mark up that much???...
2 words, "Mod Top"

I have had 3 requirements for my Bronco. 7MT, 2Dr, Mod Top.

Ford has yet to deliver a single Mod Top Bronco to a paying customer.

If Ford had offered a soft top on the 2Dr from the factory, I would have bought that instead, but alas, factory soft tops have been restricted to only the 4Dr for some reason

The Compensator

Outer Banks
First Name
Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Side note,

I love your Badlands!

I also ordered velocity blue and a hardtop.

How are you liking that color and top? Any issues?

Thanks!

Alex Sector

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"I am impatient, knew it would take long, but will cancel my order if it rolls into MY2024".
This was me. Was very close to cancelling after 14 months and was not going to re-order MY2024.
Sponsored