Sponsored

Pedestrian and collision avoidance system. Good stuff to know.

Capt steve

Big Bend
First Name
Stephan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I noticed that the front warning system does not show up on any screen ,and I figured it was a problem. In the menu you can set 3 levels of detection so I figured that my system had a glitch in it. Went to the dealer and discovered that with the non adaptive cruise control nothing shows up as a warning until you are in real danger of smacking something and if you are braking it is inactive. I figured if I came up on something there would be an alarm or light or SOMETHING that would let me know what was happening. Nope. The guy told me that it wouldn’t show anything until just before I whacked whatever was in front of me. He said that as you approach a vehicle that is slowing ,the brakes are charged and if you hit the brakes it would be immediate Also, the pedestrian warning only works in daylight. Seems that the adaptive system has a camera and a radar sensor but the standard cruise control only has a camera. Might be a better idea to get the adaptive cruise system. I didn’t know that and ordered the mid package withe standard cruise. I’ve never had the adaptive system in one of my cars but I have driven a Lexus with it. I guess I really don’t need it since I’ve been driving for 61 years and haven’t run into anything. Sure hope that continues. Just figured I’d spread the news to those of us who didn’t know.
Ford Bronco Pedestrian and collision avoidance system. Good stuff to know. 4C013A65-0E29-4466-879E-C30984B891E1
Sponsored

babraunagel

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good stuff, thanks!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah my Mazda has a break alert, basically that forward sensing. Whenever the vehicle in front of me slows down and my car doesn't "see" me react, like take my foot off the gas, it starts with the flash a big red warning in my HUD.

It has totally saved my bacon a few times.
Sponsored