Polnud

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Had my reservation since 2020 and just got notification of production for my order and an estimated delivery date.

I'm curious if anyone after their pre order arrived if they did not end up buying the vehicle and if there were any penalties other than forfeiting the initial $100 deposit.

The new year brought some fantastic news for my wife and I as we found out my wife is pregnant. While we could probably afford both I'm not sure if it's financially prudent to splurge $50k on a new vehicle (especially with current interest rates) and instead should spend that on preparing for the new addition to the family. Still looking into the complete financial impact but just curious about any penalties or issues anyone had with not accepting their Bronco once it arrives

Thanks everyone and Happy new year!
Sponsored

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had my reservation since 2020 and just got notification of production for my order and an estimated delivery date.

I'm curious if anyone after their pre order arrived if they did not end up buying the vehicle and if there were any penalties other than forfeiting the initial $100 deposit.

The new year brought some fantastic news for my wife and I as we found out my wife is pregnant. While we could probably afford both I'm not sure if it's financially prudent to splurge $50k on a new vehicle (especially with current interest rates) and instead should spend that on preparing for the new addition to the family. Still looking into the complete financial impact but just curious about any penalties or issues anyone had with not accepting their Bronco once it arrives

Thanks everyone and Happy new year!
Congratulations on the news!

Your dealer will likely be happy to know they'll be able to sell your ordered Bronco to a customer, likely at a higher amount than to you.

Just call them and tell them you'll likely not take delivery, and ask if they will refund your $100.

OP
OP

Polnud

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That makes sense!

I'm sure they would appreciate being able to put a nice mark up on the Bronco instead of just selling it to me for MSRP.
Congratulations on the news!

Your dealer will likely be happy to know they'll be able to sell your ordered Bronco to a customer, likely at a higher amount than to you.

Just call them and tell them you'll likely not take delivery, and ask if they will refund your $100.

Appreciate the outside input / advice!

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A certified FORD service tech will show up at your door and kneecap you.

Jokes aside, I vote you keep the vehicle. You earned it for having waited as long as you did. I'm 900+ days myself.

OP
OP

Polnud

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A certified FORD service tech will show up at your door and kneecap you.
Hahaha I guess that's probably a better alternative than being banned from ever ordering another Bronco!

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It's a heck of a lot different than a Bronco, but I can highly recommend a minivan for a youngster. I tried my best to avoid it but when I really sat in and compared a Sienna to some 3-row SUVs, the Sienna was a much better choice. We drove it for 6 years and then sold it to get a Telluride for the family car. As much as I didn't want a minivan, I was glad we had it for those years (and even more glad that due to supply chain we were able to sell it for only $6k less than we paid after 6 years of driving it)
Sponsored