ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm not sure I understand the math here, but I'm assuming it involves a high sales tax rate and/or a high-value trade-in.
Yes, both.
Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In your state.

Here in WA a verbal contract is binding (assuming you have an independent third party to verify), and emails between you and the dealership are sufficient enough to be binding in the spirit of the agreement.
Oral contracts are binding in many states, but "get it in writing" is the mantra everyone should live by. I certainly wouldn't want to be in the position of holding an unsigned written contract and trying to convince a judge that I had an oral agreement whereupon the other party explains that the contract was purposefully unsigned because they hadn't reached a final agreement yet and I'm left with nothing.

But I think the original question was about whether the OP should be worried about getting screwed at delivery because the dealer didn't honor the terms of the purchasing agreement. The best insurance against that is having a contract of sale signed by both parties. The dealer will be having the buyer sign, so it's only a matter of the buyer making sure the dealer signs. (It's a classic trick for the dealer not to sign because then they are not legally bound to the contract, yet they can sign any time to make the buyer be legally bound.)