Sponsored

Dealer allocation causing dealer markup ($5000)

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Soooo, you're changing your dealer correct? OK,ok ok. You are "near" me. There is a group that is doing a buy out of Brewster Ford in Brewster, NY. It is 3 hours from you. I would seriously check with them. Somewhere around invoice if I recall. MSRP + $5 grand! They can go suck eggs.
What do you have against Grogu?

Ford Bronco Dealer allocation causing dealer markup ($5000) tenor[1]

Anyway, on topic: They can charge whatever they want. If you don't like it, buy elsewhere! You aren't legally bound to purchase from them so use that power and remember never to do business with them again.
Sponsored

Axxlrod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now that allocations have been set, you can't change dealers anymore.

I tried to change today, and was told the dealer I wanted to change to is full. Meaning they have filled their allocations.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I tried to change today, and was told the dealer I wanted to change to is full. Meaning they have filled their allocations.
That seems like a load of crap. The Ford reservation FAQ states that we have until March 19.

Axxlrod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only if the dealer you want to change to has an open allocation.

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I don't know why you even called them. They can't change the reservation for you. Only Ford Customer Service can.

Sponsored

Axxlrod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know why you even called them. They can't change the reservation for you. Only Ford Customer Service can.
Huh? I didn't call anybody.

I emailed with the GM of the dealer I wanted to switch to. He told me they have no more open allocations, so cannot take any more transfers.

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I emailed with the GM of the dealer I wanted to switch to. He told me they have no more open allocations, so cannot take any more transfers.
Try Ford Customer Service.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure you would want to go there either. They don't know about the reservations before stock info.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base

My bullsh_t detector is flashing red again! Call Ford and switch. Has nothing to do with what the dealer says. You will add to that dealer's numbers and their allocation will be re-calculated anyway after order conversions end in March.

Sponsored

Brew3x

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This all done by Ford and this allocation system. Without allocations you could have your time stamp and switch to any dealer with the best deal. 5k over msrp hello no I could buy a sweet truck for all that money.

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My bullsh_t detector is flashing red again! Call Ford and switch. Has nothing to do with what the dealer says. You will add to that dealer's numbers and their allocation will be re-calculated anyway after order conversions end in March.
Truth!

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Different dealers are gonna interpret the rules different. Some are “locking” switches probably based on the date they found out their allocation.

I think think since we’re able to change dealers till March 19, the proper way would be:

Every morning the dealer checks their system to update their reservation queue.

Yes people some will get bumped, and that sucks. But they’re getting bumped by someone who put in a reservation before them. Someone who maybe stayed up all night on 7/13 trying to log in to ford.com and then got screwed seven months later by a crappy dealer.
Sponsored