First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150, 2023 bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I placed a Bronco order on Monday. The dealership was sold two years ago but promised the owner they would honor the longtime customers. The Bronco was my 17th new vehicle ordered from them and I was told they are charging $4995 extra as a hard top premium. Ford corporate will hear me loudly if this happens. Ford seriously needs to crack down harder and stop their allotments.
Sponsored

johntesi

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As someone who just had my custom ordered Bronco sold out from under me on a technicality, I am sorry to say that Ford corporate doesn't care. "We will record your feedback and handle this internally" is about all you will hear.

I hope your paperwork is more airtight than mine, but the sad reality is that Ford corporate is actively attempting to distance itself from dealerships' shady behavior.

scotman623

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy LT Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s BS on their part… I picked up my new 23 Badlands 2 door with Sasquatch package this afternoon… They got me for 3G over msrp!! I either had to pay it or not get it.. INSANE

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
You are being told you will be paying $5k ADM, and ordered anyways?
I read it as: he ordered 2 years ago, the dealership got sold, and the new owner is saying he has to pay $5k ADM after waiting years for his Bronco.

But yeah, if this is a new order, tell them to go pound sand and order somewhere else.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Heavy sigh

OP
OP
Gregb2771

Gregb2771

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As someone who just had my custom ordered Bronco sold out from under me on a technicality, I am sorry to say that Ford corporate doesn't care. "We will record your feedback and handle this internally" is about all you will hear.

I hope your paperwork is more airtight than mine, but the sad reality is that Ford corporate is actively attempting to distance itself from dealerships' shady behavior.
That what I am thinking. I plan to file a fraud complaint with our state AG once it arrives. The dealers think people will jus
You are being told you will be paying $5k ADM, and ordered anyways?
i placed the order and then later in the day the dealer sent an email showing the msrp order price, estimated license fees and a “ hardtop premium” add on.
I read it as: he ordered 2 years ago, the dealership got sold, and the new owner is saying he has to pay $5k ADM after waiting years for his Bronco.

But yeah, if this is a new order, tell them to go pound sand and order somewhere else.
No I ordered it on Monday and later in the day received an email with the $4995 markup.

TXshaggy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Porsche Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dude, just move on.

File a fraud complaint with the State AG because ADM? Good luck with that.

Why put yourself through what you know is coming?

OP
OP
Gregb2771

Gregb2771

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dude, just move on.

File a fraud complaint with the State AG because ADM? Good luck with that.

Why put yourself through what you know is coming?
Because I placed an order for a vehicle and the order shoes msrp. Later the dealer added a premium for the hardtop and then he will force me to pay the markup or forfeit the vehicle. So I am going to put him through this and believe I can prevail. Someone has to stand up to them if Ford won’t. A few years ago, Ford under a different company President, was not being fair to my old dealer. I contacted the Ford President and when he ignored me I contacted the Chair of the Board. That Worked. You have to work At it but the results can be fun.

TXshaggy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Porsche Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because I placed an order for a vehicle and the order shoes msrp. Later the dealer added a premium for the hardtop and then he will force me to pay the markup or forfeit the vehicle. So I am going to put him through this and believe I can prevail. Someone has to stand up to them if Ford won’t. A few years ago, Ford under a different company President, was not being fair to my old dealer. I contacted the Ford President and when he ignored me I contacted the Chair of the Board. That Worked. You have to work At it but the results can be fun.
Lolz…ok, but you won’t prevail.

The dealer will retain possession of the car and then sell for same or more ADM.

This forum is littered with similar; Ford just says to work with a dealer or order another.

Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can waste all the time you want- you will not prevail. Cancel your order with them and find another dealer while the banks are still open. Ford has done absolutely nothing to reign in its dealers and they’re not going to start now.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

And people wonder why I ordered from Granger 1300 miles away. Yes, I've waited 2.5 years but guess what? I'm getting it for $7k under msrp.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Some state AGs are cracking down on this and other similar behavior.
Last year the AZ AG hit a Nissan dealership for a half million in fines over "mandatory add-ons".

At this point, I'd A) file a complaint with the AG's office, and 2) search hard for a similar build on a lot somewhere.

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

That’s not true. I contacted Mike Levine when my dealership was tacking on ADMs and he squashed the issue. I got my vehicle for MSRP with a private offer.

I don’t know if he will help with this, but it’s worth a try. Mike has a soft spot for military, so that might be the reason he helped me when he found out they tacked it on a young military member.

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The order banks are now closed? If so, he can’t go somewhere else maybe. I would cancel with them and just find a bronco to buy. Ordering at this point is a long shot anyways.
Sponsored