Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is what is super annoying. You should be able to preorder and not worry about the prices announced be marked up. What's the point of a reservation. Whether you like Tesla or not, I like their no nonsense the price is the price and your position in line is when you will get to exercise that price.
You are so right, I just called my dealer who I have bought 7 vehicles from through the years, he was very surprised that I asked the question about mark ups. He said "you reserved a Bronco with $100's based on a price, that's the price you get" Discounts he said that we will talk when I come in. Feeling ok with this.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have this vision of a lot of dealers staring at the calendar wishing October 31st would arrive ASAP.

Ford Bronco Dealer markup? 1602190173172

CWO4

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, but what I got from my dealer is that the Bronco I build from the B&P, in mid Oct, is the price they will honor, minus any discounts I can talk them into.

SeventyOne

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 2014 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
No, but what I got from my dealer is that the Bronco I build from the B&P, in mid Oct, is the price they will honor, minus any discounts I can talk them into.
Well that price would be MSRP. I wouldn't assume you can talk them into additional discounts after 10/31 when your res is fully locked in.

You could make the trip to Stephens in WV and pay $1000 less than invoice. So on a black diamond you'd be saving at least $1500 maybe $2k off MSRP I'd think

Reactions: DHC

Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well that price would be MSRP. I wouldn't assume you can talk them into additional discounts after 10/31 when your res is fully locked in.

You could make the trip to Stephens in WV and pay $1000 less than invoice. So on a black diamond you'd be saving at least $1500 maybe $2k off MSRP I'd think
I can't really believe people are willing to go out of state and shop around over what would amount to probably $30 a month on a 30-50k vehicle . Personally my time is worth more than that , especially when having to deal with the local dealer on service issues . My dealer will save me more than that in the long run simply from having a better business relationship with them .

$1000-2000 on a new vehicle back in the day is one thing when they were $18-21k but on a new vehicle today ,Phhhhttt.

CWO4

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been getting perferd customer pricing on my last couple of vehicles with my dealer and they have been good to me and my family so have no problem staying with them, I feel the service and savings I am getting out weighs a trip for a savings that might not even be that much once I complete my deal.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I can't really believe people are willing to go out of state and shop around over what would amount to probably $30 a month on a 30-50k vehicle . Personally my time is worth more than that , especially when having to deal with the local dealer on service issues . My dealer will save me more than that in the long run simply from having a better business relationship with them .

$1000-2000 on a new vehicle back in the day is one thing when they were $18-21k but on a new vehicle today ,Phhhhttt.
I'm cheap, I'll drive 4 hours out of state to get $1000 under invoice as apposed to paying MSRP at local dealer. I guess I don't look at as $30 a month as I'm paying cash. Different strokes for different folks. Personally most servce departments I've dealt with could care less where I bought the vehicle, but that's just my experience.

DHC

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Granger/Stephens deals ... in writing already ... are $1,300 below invoice (if you have x-plan) and a nice cap on doc fees.

I’m estimating my 2-door OBX with SAS, high pkgs will be around $4,000 below MSRP. Even more savings compared to dealers’ antics on doc fees (e.g., $800).

Easy call.

Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Granger/Stephens deals ... in writing already ... are $1,300 below invoice (if you have x-plan) and a nice cap on doc fees.

I’m estimating my 2-door OBX with SAS, high pkgs will be around $4,000 below MSRP. Even more savings compared to dealers’ antics on doc fees (e.g., $800).

Easy call.
Well I just drove 5 hrs and spent $475 for two nights at a sub-par motel coming to the East Coast Bronco event just to look at the 2 vs 4 door and get a look at the colors . I guess I can add that to my overall cost of the Bronco ,lol .

• Haha
Reactions: DHC

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is what is super annoying. You should be able to preorder and not worry about the prices announced be marked up. What's the point of a reservation. Whether you like Tesla or not, I like their no nonsense the price is the price and your position in line is when you will get to exercise that price.
No doubt about it. Dealerships are just causing more confusion and headaches. No need for them in 2020. Nobody at my dealership will know anywhere near what I do about the bronco and I have my own full time job.
Sponsored