King Dusty

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, First Edition...
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm wondering if it's not a ploy for the dealers to keep the F.E. for themselves. If you don't take it and have to reserve something else from another dealer, do they get it?
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Read it and weep, the Bronco will not be fixed price, Ford is not doing anything to stop dealer's from charging ADM.
Ford Won't Try To Stop Dealers From Marking Up Bronco Price

According to the official pricing, it's possible to get the two-door 2021 Ford Bronco in the Base trim for $28,500 (plus a $1,495 destination charge). However, depending on your local dealer, you might be paying even more. According to some great research by Motor Authority's Joel Feder, the Blue Oval does not intend to prevent showrooms from applying so-called market adjustments that increase the cost to customers beyond the MSRP.

The @mrlevine Twitter account that Feder mentions refers to Mike Levine, Ford North America Product Communications Manager.

Motor1.com also reached out to Ford spokesperson Sam Schembari for further clarification. "Ford shares suggested (MSRP) pricing for all vehicles with dealers and customers. However dealers are independently operated and ultimately, customers and dealers will agree to the final pricing," he told us.

Dealer markups are unfortunately rather common when a vehicle debuts. The combination of low supply and high demand tempt many showrooms into applying a market adjustment that increases the price and makes the dealer more money on the sale

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.motor1.com/news/434064/ford-bronco-dealer-markup-price/amp/

onegdgal

First Edition
First Name
Sherry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm wondering if it's not a ploy for the dealers to keep the F.E. for themselves. If you don't take it and have to reserve something else from another dealer, do they get it?
I’ve wondered this exact same thing. I couldn’t get clarification on the phone with the marketing dept on what happens to my reservation if I were to cancel it.. I don’t even think they know.. I do know if I hang on to it and we make enough noise they have till end of year to fix it. I also have the fact that I’m logging all communication from now until we agree on price and I WILL go to the media (locally) if I have to so people can see how our local dealer acts. Praying that they decide to be more honorable... technically they haven’t “done” anything wrong or underhanded yet. Just “undetermined” in pricing... that could mean a little or a lot of messed up.

Brendanq

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Is Ford doing anything to limit dealer markup? I have contacted my dealership and asked about additional markup above MSRP. They replied that they don't have pricing info yet. Not the most encouraging answer.

If my dealer can't guarantee MSRP is it possible to switch dealers? Can reservations be transferred? I would hate to wait a long time only to find that they put a huge markup on my Launch Edition.
https://www.laurafordofsullivan.com/new/ford-bronco-near-st-louis.htm

Found my dealer! Laura Ford in Sullivan Missouri is giving a $2000 DISCOUNT off of MSRP already on ordered Broncos. I have called and verified... it is legit. Placed my order with them already.
Ford Bronco Dealer markup? 1594856272124

Sponsored

Brendanq

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
If it looks to good to be true.....

Talked to the GM myself. I had the same thought as you. I did some research. They own the largest GMC dealer in the nation and just got this Ford dealer. They said "we are just going to price them like we price everything".

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How common is it for a dealer to claim to honor xplan, then renege on it?

IXxMcCoyxXl

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone paying dealer mark up is a fool in this day and age. I love my local dealership and have friends there. Have always been treated fair. But if they think I’m even gonna pay MSRP I will be shopping. I would figure on 3500-5000 discount for preordering

Sponsored

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone paying dealer mark up is a fool in this day and age. I love my local dealership and have friends there. Have always been treated fair. But if they think I’m even gonna pay MSRP I will be shopping. I would figure on 3500-5000 discount for preordering
If anyone pays ADM on a Bronco and finances without a lot of money down they are gonna be upside down as hell.

CountryRoads

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
When the JL came out I walked into our biggest Jeep dealer in the area. I had pricing from Koons Jeep out East who is known for great deals. They were offering 5% below invoice pricing at the time. I told them I was prepared to travel to Koons to get this deal but wanted to see if they'd be able to match. I also told them that if they matched, I would notify all the forums about the deal and it would likely net them a few more sales. They agreed to the deal and it in turn netted them 4 sales in the first week alone. Win win for all parties involved.

I can't emphasize this enough... when it comes to car purchasing you need to find a sales person who is actually willing to listen. A lot of the time they are broken records and just throw-up stats and nonsense on you. Most of us here already know more about the vehicle than most of them anyways. Bottom line is they want to make sales. Go in there prepared and say " this is what I want, give it to me and we got a deal right here and now. If not I'm prepared to walk. Also, I can probably net you guys more business than just mine." The dealership I work with has since sold my family 2 other vehicles that aren't Jeep at 5% below invoice as well. When I go on Truecar.com we are always below the lowest numbers on there.
Koons is a volume dealer. I am going to call the GM tomorrow in Falls Church store to verify what his GSM said. I hope they do same as Jeep.

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Y'all should have bought 100 shares of Ford. It is up 5% today. My guess is it doubles from here.

100 shares held for 6 month ALSO gets you the X-plan.
Nah, ill keep my AAPL and buy the $25 MCA membership. ?

psychwarfare

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3, MGB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Are you saying the Bronco is fixed price from Ford and dealers cannot charge ADM?
That's what I gleaned from the sales manager's email response.

I just think it's very early in this process and everything needs to sort itself out.