First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend - 4dr - Carbonized - 2.3 - Manual - Tow
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What performance tune is best for the 2.3 with manual transmission?
Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

CyberOrangeBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What performance tune is best for the 2.3 with manual transmission?
Rev matched downshifting makes the Ford Performance Tune an easy choice for my 2021 7mt.

My assumption is that once the aftermarket figures out how to unlock the Bronco for custom tunes they'll be able to add in the Rev Match Feature to the 7mts and unlock more power but I'm not all that concerned about maximizing gains for this application.

What would be cool is if a company like Panda or JB4 could configure a map specifically for those who are also running the Ford Performance Tune to trick the computer in giving a bit more. I think that'd have potential to be a nice upgrade for someone like me who is dead set on adding the FP Tune.

Mattyfly42

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
can someone explain to me what. rev matching is. Looking at Ford Performance Tune. Thanks.

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford Performance are the only ones at the moment with an actual full flash calibration for the 2.3L.

It seems to be a great offering since you can retain your warranty when installed by a Ford dealer or AFE certified tech. It's also 49 state legal and gives you the ability to adjust for tire size and gear ratio changes. It's also got datalogging capabilities and you can read, review and clear DTC codes.

If you didn't want to go that route the JB4 device is another awesome option. Although it's not a full flash it's really simple to install and use. Plug and play harness and a great mobile app for switching MAPs, real time diagnostics and datalogging. The Broncos react really well to these modules and they can be removed in minutes if you ever needed to. The Jb4 doesn't have the ability to adjust for gear ratios/tires sizes like the Ford Performance cal.

Let us know if there's anything we can help you with. We offer both as well as anything else you could imagine for your bronco.
Sponsored