First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did it myself. It saves the stock calibration, so I’ll change it back if I ever need anything under warranty. At least that’s what I’m telling myself now that it’s all done 😂
Same. It really is straight forward.
Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same. It really is straight forward.
I’m very tempted to just do it myself. I know it’s easy. I just want to know that I’m covered in case of a catastrophic failure.
It’s supposed to be a Ford product allowing warranty protection yet Ford dealers won’t even install it? If that’s the case, I would go JB4 or some other custom tune for more gains. The only reason for the FP tune is because it’s Ford and supported by Ford and allows you the have warranty protection.

Kfonte

Base
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m very tempted to just do it myself. I know it’s easy. I just want to know that I’m covered in case of a catastrophic failure.
It’s supposed to be a Ford product allowing warranty protection yet Ford dealers won’t even install it? If that’s the case, I would go JB4 or some other custom tune for more gains. The only reason for the FP tune is because it’s Ford and supported by Ford and allows you the have warranty protection.
I think you can also get it done by an ASE certified tech and it’ll keep the warranty

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you can also get it done by an ASE certified tech and it’ll keep the warranty
Agreed, but shouldn’t have to go that route since it’s a Ford Performance part. Dealer should install.

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've been using 93, but I saw an interesting new option at the Harris Teeter here in the Carolinas...90 grade without ethanol. Curious what the impact ethanol has / does not have on an ecoboost engine and if it would be okay for the performance pack?
Only one way to find out. Send it! 😄

Sponsored

Jette

Black Diamond
First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can the wastegate be manipulated by the ecm to alter boost levels?
This is a good question. The wastegate cannot create more boost at lower RPMs or cause the turbo to spool faster. The wastegate CAN remain closed to allow the turbo to achieve higher boost pressure at higher RPMs when the turbo is already rotating. The wastegate is a simple device that opens when a measured boost setpoint is achieved (i.e. a door or a bypass). This setpoint can be controlled mechanically or electronically.

I hope this makes sense.

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is a good question. The wastegate cannot create more boost at lower RPMs or cause the turbo to spool faster. The wastegate CAN remain closed to allow the turbo to achieve higher boost pressure at higher RPMs when the turbo is already rotating. The wastegate is a simple device that opens when a measured boost setpoint is achieved (i.e. a door or a bypass). This setpoint can be controlled mechanically or electronically.

I hope this makes sense.
Do we know for sure the ecm is not opening it in lower rpms to limit boost?

OP
OP
theentirety

theentirety

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camaro SS 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m a 100% Mac guy and actually had to use my son’s school computer. It was that easy, trust me.
100% could have done it if I had a machine. I literally don't know anyone with a PC these days...

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kfonte

Base
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Base
100% could have done it if I had a machine. I literally don't know anyone with a PC these days...
Gotcha! Yeah, I got lucky with my son’s laptop. Thing weighs as much as a Sasquatch wheel, but it definitely got the job done 😂

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

amazingjason

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Samurai, 1966 442
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does it keep the auto stop start off if you had it off the last time you drove it?

Jason