Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Goooood Morning, BRONCO OWNERS!

It's a new week which means NEW SALES HAVE STARTED for our absolutely bonkers BLACK FRIDAY Sales deals here at Lethal Performance!!

If you were looking to tune your 2.3L or 2.7L Bronco, there is NO BETTER time than NOW!
We're offering the Ford Performance tune kit for $599.99 2-day SHIPPED here at Lethal Performance!
CLICK ME FOR MORE POWER!!!!!!!
Improve power and shifting (for the autos of course) in both the 2.3L and 2.7L variant Broncos! This tune can be completed in minutes and can retain a 3/36k Ford Performance warranty if done by a Ford dealership (or ASE certified technician).

2.3L:
Peak torque = 385 lb.-ft. at 3,500 RPM
Peak power = 330 HP at 5,500 RPM
2.7L:
Peak torque = 433 lb.-ft. at 3,500 RPM
Peak power = 355 HP at 5,500 RPM
BOTH ADD:
Ability to change tire size up to BFG 37x12.5R17 KO2 (579 revolutions per mile). [Additional modifications required.]
Ability to change axle ratio/FDU up to 5.38
Enables upgrade of M190 to M210 front drive unit by reconfiguring DLCM module
Keep in mind this is using PREMIUM FUEL! The shift schedule alone is worth the re-flash!

Check them out in the link(s) below!

2.7L - Ford Performance Calibration w/ ProCal 4 Calibration Delivery Tool (2021-2023 Bronco 2.7L) - M-9603-B27

2.3L - Ford Performance Calibration w/ ProCal 4 Calibration Delivery Tool (2021-2023 Bronco 2.3L) - M-9603-B23

FordPerformance (1).jpg
Ordered. Pumped
Sponsored

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Youā€™d think the 94 octane Sunoco advertises was just a gimmick, but goddamn you feel the extra power, like adding espresso to your morning coffee

how much more hp/tq am I gaining?

JayGar562

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Goooood Morning, BRONCO OWNERS!

It's a new week which means NEW SALES HAVE STARTED for our absolutely bonkers BLACK FRIDAY Sales deals here at Lethal Performance!!

If you were looking to tune your 2.3L or 2.7L Bronco, there is NO BETTER time than NOW!
We're offering the Ford Performance tune kit for $599.99 2-day SHIPPED here at Lethal Performance!
CLICK ME FOR MORE POWER!!!!!!!
Improve power and shifting (for the autos of course) in both the 2.3L and 2.7L variant Broncos! This tune can be completed in minutes and can retain a 3/36k Ford Performance warranty if done by a Ford dealership (or ASE certified technician).

2.3L:
Peak torque = 385 lb.-ft. at 3,500 RPM
Peak power = 330 HP at 5,500 RPM
2.7L:
Peak torque = 433 lb.-ft. at 3,500 RPM
Peak power = 355 HP at 5,500 RPM
BOTH ADD:
Ability to change tire size up to BFG 37x12.5R17 KO2 (579 revolutions per mile). [Additional modifications required.]
Ability to change axle ratio/FDU up to 5.38
Enables upgrade of M190 to M210 front drive unit by reconfiguring DLCM module
Keep in mind this is using PREMIUM FUEL! The shift schedule alone is worth the re-flash!

Check them out in the link(s) below!

2.7L - Ford Performance Calibration w/ ProCal 4 Calibration Delivery Tool (2021-2023 Bronco 2.7L) - M-9603-B27

2.3L - Ford Performance Calibration w/ ProCal 4 Calibration Delivery Tool (2021-2023 Bronco 2.3L) - M-9603-B23

FordPerformance (1).jpg
When itā€™s mentioned that you can maintain the 3yr/36k ford performance warranty if the tune is installed by Ford or an ASE mechanic, is that warranty for the tool or the overall new vehicle warranty? Curious because watching the install video, seems pretty simple for me to do myself.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When itā€™s mentioned that you can maintain the 3yr/36k ford performance warranty if the tune is installed by Ford or an ASE mechanic, is that warranty for the tool or the overall new vehicle warranty? Curious because watching the install video, seems pretty simple for me to do myself.
It means the warranty on the vehicle is retained.

jbacon47

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BadLands manual 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello all, Iā€™m debating on whether this tune is right for me, and need help deciding.

My biggest complaint with the stock 2.3 manual, is that it is constantly in turbo boost.. it really struggles to maintain speed on the highway. Even 4th struggles at 70mph going over my local pass at 3000-3500rpm. And 6th gear is exclusively for downhill 70mph..

Turbo as we know is for generating power, but it sacrifices fuel economy and engine reliability (from forced induction).

I would prefer if the bronco could generate more hp/torque without needing so much boost.. will this tune help me? I always use premium fuel if that matters. Thanks.

Sponsored

BlueWaffle

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco, and a trio of 80s GM's.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hello all, Iā€™m debating on whether this tune is right for me, and need help deciding.

My biggest complaint with the stock 2.3 manual, is that it is constantly in turbo boost.. it really struggles to maintain speed on the highway. Even 4th struggles at 70mph going over my local pass at 3000-3500rpm. And 6th gear is exclusively for downhill 70mph..

Turbo as we know is for generating power, but it sacrifices fuel economy and engine reliability (from forced induction).

I would prefer if the bronco could generate more hp/torque without needing so much boost.. will this tune help me? I always use premium fuel if that matters. Thanks.

Long story short... no.

The only way a 2.3 is gonna move a 5k lb brick on giant tires is with a liberal smattering of boosts.

amazingjason

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Samurai, 1966 442
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

My seat of the pants impression: the tune doesnā€™t make much difference below the boost threshold or off boost. It makes it feel more like a turbo engine and it accentuates the difference between off boost and on boost at heavy throttle. From a driving perspective, this is only positive as it offers more without any penalty.

Even without the power gains, I would buy it again just for the disabled auto stop start and rev matching. I like driving it much more with the tune. My fuel economy is worse, but that might be more due to how and where I have driven it since having it installed.

I think we would both rather have a coyote v8 than a turbo 4, but Iā€™m pretty impressed with the 2.3.

Jason

gtabert

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 gt350r / '65 f100 / '99 Silverado / '15 VW TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bought it for the torque improvement, the low end punch. HP brings more speed, no need for that, I'm not drag racing. I do get better gas milage, averaging 22 mpg, maybe contrary to what others find. Like I said, I'm not racing to get anywhere, this is a Bronco Brick. Not a sports car.

Tdp146

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I took the tune I got from Lethal Performance over to the dealership and they told me they were getting an error that the voucher code had already been used. They couldn't get Ford Performance on the phone since they are out on holiday. I did create an account on the Ford Performance website before I went to the dealer. I stopped short of entering the voucher code though. I gave the tech my email and password. He was able to save the stock calibration from my car onto the procal unit but then he couldn't get any further because of the voucher error.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I took the tune I got from Lethal Performance over to the dealership and they told me they were getting an error that the voucher code had already been used. They couldn't get Ford Performance on the phone since they are out on holiday. I did create an account on the Ford Performance website before I went to the dealer. I stopped short of entering the voucher code though. I gave the tech my email and password. He was able to save the stock calibration from my car onto the procal unit but then he couldn't get any further because of the voucher error.
You should install it yourself, bet it works just fine!

Sponsored

Tdp146

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You should install it yourself, bet it works just fine!
I'm pretty confident it would too. Of course the only reason I want the dealer to do it is for the warranty. Now they have half the job done and I feel like I need to go back once more. I saw a thread about this issue over the summer. Sounds like you just need to enter the code a few times and it sorts itself out- or get on the phone with ford performance. I even took a day off from work to sit at the dealer and work through it if any issues like this came up. But instead , they just had me sit in the waiting room and then an hour later drove the car around, handed me back the keys and said, "it doesn't work, maybe your code was used already"... great

Last edited:

Jakjay

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BRZ (Sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Snagged one from lethal performance during their black friday sale and got it installed by local Ford dealer to maintain warranty.
Had it on for couple of weeks and it has defenitely woken up the vehicle.
Badlands 2.3T 7MT non-squatch, with 315/70/R17 tires.
Before tune, 1st seemed a bit short and when shifting to second under 3.5krpm there was a perceivable turbo lag before turbo spools and get on power. This has completely changed after the tune. There is more boost in 1st and 2nd and does not feel the turbo lag as much in 2nd.
Turbo spoolup sounds angrier after the tune(in a good way ofcourse ;).
The power delivery feels much more linear compared to peaky power before the tune.
Rev matching has made the driving experience much enjoyable. Tune is worth the money for this feature alone on MT. Ability to change the tire size is defenitely a plus.

91 octane is the best I can get in CO. Even with 91 octane, I do feel a slight bump in power. But the linearity of power delivery after the tune is what makes it worthwhile, more than the bump in power.

Overall, would recommend it 100%

Tdp146

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm pretty confident it would too. Of course the only reason I want the dealer to do it is for the warranty. Now they have half the job done and I feel like I need to go back once more. I saw a thread about this issue over the summer. Sounds like you just need to enter the code a few times and it sorts itself out- or get on the phone with ford performance. I even took a day off from work to sit at the dealer and work through it if any issues like this came up. But instead , they just had me sit in the waiting room and then an hour later drove the car around, handed me back the keys and said, "it doesn't work, maybe your code was used already"... great
As an update, I got on the phone with Ford Performance and they gave me a new voucher code. Took it back a week later and a different tech installed it no issues.

I have been driving for a few weeks (2.3L Automatic) and its exactly as described throughout this thread. Noticeable power, especially at the low end, and great improvement in the smoothness/quickness of the shifting points. You'll know its there as soon as you pull out of the dealership. I did lose about 1/2 mile per gallon if that is of interest. If you are following this thread and on the fence- just go for it. The Tune doesn't get as many Instagram "likes" as big sexy tires, but it probably should. (next upgrade for me will be big sexy tires).

guzie

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru WRX sti, 2019 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just waiting for the 2024 files to be released. I have a procal just waiting to be tuning my new 2dr. Only used for tire size change so far

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Over 20k miles and this tune still rips On my 7MT. Couldnā€™t imagine driving it without. Amazing low end torque improvement and Very noticeable improvement on the highway as well when passing. You can do it in 6th gear! Once I added pedal commander, brought it to a new level of responsiveness. Great combo.
Sponsored