First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw a few pages back some people mentioned that their distance to empty was incorrect after installing the tune. Did that ever resolve itself after a few fill ups? I had the tune installed last week and noticed that I usually show 330 to empty on a full tank, I now showed 393 to empty after filling up. It’s not a big deal, but just wondering if other had this and if it eventually resolved on its own.
Nope, I'm one of those whose 4 door identifies as a 2 door. I get around 290-300 miles on the DTE display on fill up and napkin math says 18 mpg x 16 gal = 288 miles, it used to be 370ish miles. Still haven't got around to calling Ford Racing tech to see if the programming associated with my vin shows 2 door. But it's not very high on my priority list, just annoying.
Sponsored

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
We're working on some images at the moment for the big announcement but I wanted to let everyone here know that the Ford Performance Procal 4 with calibration is now CARB approved for 2022-2033 model year Broncos. Thanks for being so patient regarding this.
If you'd like to order up a device we have them in stock and you can purchase one from the link below.

2.3L Bronco
https://www.lethalperformance.com/f...ry-tool-2021-2022-bronco-2-3l-m-9603-b23.html
m-12655-f_2.jpg

Tdp146

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know I've seen it discussed at some point, but I am looking at getting the tune and larger tires. Is it better to do the tune first and then get bigger tires and re-plug the procal unit in to update the tire size, or get the tires first and then do the tune and update tire size while getting the tune installed? I want to have the tune done at my Ford dealer for the warranty reasons. The tires and lift I want done at a local offroad shop.

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd get the stuff installed, then just have Ford include that adjustment in the tune, at least your bases are covered.

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know I've seen it discussed at some point, but I am looking at getting the tune and larger tires. Is it better to do the tune first and then get bigger tires and re-plug the procal unit in to update the tire size, or get the tires first and then do the tune and update tire size while getting the tune installed? I want to have the tune done at my Ford dealer for the warranty reasons. The tires and lift I want done at a local offroad shop.
Either way would work, but updating the tire size is super easy and can be done later easily.

Sponsored

Nogame24

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We're working on some images at the moment for the big announcement but I wanted to let everyone here know that the Ford Performance Procal 4 with calibration is now CARB approved for 2022-2033 model year Broncos. Thanks for being so patient regarding this.
If you'd like to order up a device we have them in stock and you can purchase one from the link below.

2.3L Bronco
https://www.lethalperformance.com/f...ry-tool-2021-2022-bronco-2-3l-m-9603-b23.html
m-12655-f_2.jpg
I’ve looked and not found a great answer on this. I’m Colorado it’s almost impossible to find 93 and from what I’ve been “told” it’s due to altitude. Will running 91 on the tune for the 2.3 get the best results?

Save The Manuals

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

2.3L Bronco
m-12655-f_2.jpg
Any upcoming sales? I figure I'm waiting till Black Friday

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Any upcoming sales? I figure I'm waiting till Black Friday
At the moment you are more than welcome to use code BRONCO6G at checkout which will be a 6% discount. I'm sure we will be running a BF/CM deal which will most likely be at 10% but that hasn't been finalized yet as we're still working on putting it all together.

If you have any other questions in the meantime or need help placing an order please let us know.

Thanks!

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’ve looked and not found a great answer on this. I’m Colorado it’s almost impossible to find 93 and from what I’ve been “told” it’s due to altitude. Will running 91 on the tune for the 2.3 get the best results?
Yes. The higher the octane the better the results. So if you only have access to 91 as the highest octane level available that's what I would recommend for the best results.

Let us know if you have any other questions in the meantime or need help placing order.

Thanks!

BroncoRaptor

Heritage
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ Sprinter Van 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
What's the verdict on loosing vehicle warranty when self installed? Reading the website it looks like the module is warrantied if installed by a Ford dealer, but there is no mentioning that one would loose the vehicle warranty if self installed. Does not seem worth the hustle and the $200 install cost at the dealer.

3 year/36k mile warranty from new vehicle in-service when installed by a Ford dealer or ASE/Red Seal certified technician​

Sponsored
OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What's the verdict on loosing vehicle warranty when self installed? Reading the website it looks like the module is warrantied if installed by a Ford dealer, but there is no mentioning that one would loose the vehicle warranty if self installed. Does not seem worth the hustle and the $200 install cost at the dealer.

3 year/36k mile warranty from new vehicle in-service when installed by a Ford dealer or ASE/Red Seal certified technician​
Ford Performance states that the warranty is honored when installed by a Ford dealer OR ASE certified tech. They ask that you register that info with them once you've installed the calibration on the vehicle through your Ford Performance account.

Not really sure what happens if you do it yourself but I would think they will ask those questions if a failure occurs and you attempt to claim the warranty on it.

BroncoRaptor

Heritage
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ Sprinter Van 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I don't think there are any documented failures on these modules, right? I bought mine from you around Labor day. It has been sitting in the garage while I contemplate if I want to just do the 30 minute install (including the Ford Performance account creation / registration) myself or drop the truck off at the dealer for a few days and pay them $200 for the privilege of them doing it.

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I don't think there are any documented failures on these modules, right? I bought mine from you around Labor day. It has been sitting in the garage while I contemplate if I want to just do the 30 minute install (including the Ford Performance account creation / registration) myself or drop the truck off at the dealer for a few days and pay them $200 for the privilege of them doing it.
I personally haven't seen any failures with them. It's an awesome product and everyone who runs it seems to love it.

615_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2D BL, SAS, MT, & 2015 F-350 DRW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reckon I’ll just wait for mine to go out of warranty.
I’m at the point now of not trusting most techs at dealerships and paying $200 for a 30 min job.

Tdp146

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Couple more questions

1. I have the 2.3 with 4.27 gears. Anyone run the tune and upgrade to 35's and feel this helped 'overcome' accelerating with larger tires? I am not trying to fool myself that this is some kind of fix for not re-gearing. I am just curious if the optimized shifting schedule and the gains mentioned at the lower end of the power curve help out acceleration with the move to 35s.

2. When you change tire size with the procal unit, does it simply just update the speedometer, or is actually remapping the transmission again?

3. Anyone use the tune and then attach a pedal commander with it?

4. Guys at Lethal- you are going to have that Black Friday sale aren't you.. I think I can hold out a little longer and get a Christmas present to me, from me. ;)
Sponsored